UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023 #2

I keep coming back to my sense of massive manipulation of each other and others.....

How do they do it... How can they all ( RF, JH, and KF and PB) put up such a smily facade, and physically and mentally ruin people. ??????? Children.

How could they define what they did as dictated by their faith?
WHY didn't people see through them so so much earlier?
Exactly.
And that's why neither Kevin or PB seemed concerned about the medical status of the children when LE told them there was physical abuse the children were taken to the hospital. Not one question about the kids. And Kevin didn't even ask how his own children were doing and whether he could go see them.
That tells me pretty much all I need to know.

Exactly.
And that's why neither Kevin or PB seemed concerned about the medical status of the children when LE told them there was physical abuse the children were taken to the hospital. Not one question about the kids. And Kevin didn't even ask how his own children were doing and whether he could go see them.
That tells me pretty much all I need to know.

That’s why he should never be allowed within 100 yards of those children unsupervised.

He has clearly shown he is Ruby’s puppet and that means he is a dangerous around those vulnerable children when he can be so easily manipulated by Ruby to do her bidding.

IMO

That’s why he should never be allowed within 100 yards of those children unsupervised.

He has clearly shown he is Ruby’s puppet and that means he is a dangerous around those vulnerable children when he can be so easily manipulated by Ruby to do her bidding.

IMO

He clearly lacks emotional regulation and has zero self awareness. He basically blocked his children out and it didn’t affect him enough to do anything. Crazy, both of them, plus Jodi.

"God" sure was done with Ruby and sent her straight to "Purgatory"

"In the phone call—which took place just two days after Ruby and her business partner Jodi Hildebrandt were taken into custody—Ruby told her husband, "The most upsetting thing is that I am completely misunderstood."

"Satan has taken everything away from me that I love,"
the 42-year-old said Sept. 1 in the call from Purgatory Correctional Facility. "And I'm a good woman. I don't do naughty things. I don't do naughty things. I'm a really good girl."
The mom of six also told Kevin that she would stay away from their kids if she were acquitted. However, Kevin predicted she would likely have legal restrictions placed on her access to the children until they reached the age of 18.

"I figured such. God told me," she said. "God told me when I was driving before I called you."
"The Spirit said, ‘Your children are gonna be removed,'" she continued. "And I just cried out loud. I'm like, ‘No, I'm not done. I'm not ready.' And God told me I'm done."
Ruby Franke, Kevin Franke
Instagram(moms_of_truth)
Kevin can be heard telling her at that time, "I'm committed to our family. I'm committed to you and our marriage, no matter what happens. I will be here to support you in any way that I can."

"In the phone call—which took place just two days after Ruby and her business partner Jodi Hildebrandt were taken into custody—Ruby told her husband, "The most upsetting thing is that I am completely misunderstood."

the 42-year-old said Sept. 1 in the call from Purgatory Correctional Facility. "And I'm a good woman. I don't do naughty things. I don't do naughty things. I'm a really good girl."
The mom of six also told Kevin that she would stay away from their kids if she were acquitted. However, Kevin predicted she would likely have legal restrictions placed on her access to the children until they reached the age of 18.

"I figured such. God told me," she said. "God told me when I was driving before I called you."
"The Spirit said, ‘Your children are gonna be removed,'" she continued. "And I just cried out loud. I'm like, ‘No, I'm not done. I'm not ready.' And God told me I'm done."
Instagram(moms_of_truth)
Kevin can be heard telling her at that time, "I'm committed to our family. I'm committed to you and our marriage, no matter what happens. I will be here to support you in any way that I can."

Satan didn't do this to you Ruby....YOU did.
And Kevin...your children matter most of all. Not your infatuation with your wife. It's your responsibility to make sure they are safe. That's what being a parent is all about.
grrrr!!!

Instagram(moms_of_truth)

What a load of BS. I don’t buy her devil made me do it story. That’s a cop out.

Just like Lori Vallow & Chad saying they received a message from God that told them they had to kill the children and the other victims because of bad spirits.

It puts the blame on something else. They can tell the remaining family members that it was a force outside of their control.

Satan didn't do this to you Ruby....YOU did.
And Kevin...your children matter most of all. Not your infatuation with your wife. It's your responsibility to make sure they are safe. That's what being a parent is all about.
grrrr!!!
"—Ruby told her husband, "The most upsetting thing is that I am completely misunderstood."

IMO:

There's NO misunderstanding what blatant child neglect and child abuse is Ruby.
There's a lot of speculation that Ruby will receive a lighter sentence than Jodi since Jodi has been classified as the evil ring leader and RF her vulnerable victim.
RF threw herself on the mercy of the court with her questionable, theatrical religious mea culpa while Jodi remained defiant.
RF is a pro at playing to the camera and audience.
All that said, Ruby should receive the same sentence as JH, she was the children's MOTHER and it was she that brutally tortured them with physical and emotional abuse.

Last edited:

Instagram(moms_of_truth)

God said nothing to RF, and did nothing to RF.

Everything that has happened came from within her and JH.

Everything she said in the linked post made me sick.

She is vile.

I find this phrasing fascinating and bizarre. This is what a 3-year-old child might say when caught doing something wrong.

I wondered if this language was used in a twisted way to make sure Kevin defended her right out the gate. Also she knew these texts were going to be used as evidence at that point. She was very descriptive in choosing words and comments that portrayed a loving Mother and Wife.

No doubt it was intentional and I believe she wanted to appeal to him like a damsel in distress. ‘Please help me, im your wife that doesn’t do naughty things. Be my hero’.

I wondered if this language was used in a twisted way to make sure Kevin defended her right out the gate. Also she knew these texts were going to be used as evidence at that point. She was very descriptive in choosing words and comments that portrayed a loving Mother and Wife.

No doubt it was intentional and I believe she wanted to appeal to him like a damsel in distress. ‘Please help me, im your wife that doesn’t do naughty things. Be my hero’.
IMO:
When RF was arrested Kevin was thrilled, he finally had her right where he wanted her, dependent on him and the torture she inflicted on their children, R & E, was a footnote.

It appears that in RF's texts/phone calls she intentionally didn't ask anyone the condition of R & E, unless I missed it.

Though maybe I'm giving her too much credit thinking she even thought of them to make sure she didn't mention them?

Did I miss her asking?

• Kevin Franke said that he was Jodi Hildebrandt's 'resident exorcist'
  • Jodi began living with Kevin and Ruby as they tried to help her fight 'evil spirits' and 'cast the demons out'
What the what ?
This just keeps getting weirder.
Sorry for the kids at the mercy of this twisted threesome !

Fwiw, it's looking like Kevin was much more involved than he has led people to believe.
Omo.

My problem with some of the vitriol against Kevin is that he’s clearly gone through every step of classic brainwashing. The kind they use on POW’s. These were also the methods used on the kids, the youngest 4, I would guess.

I’m including more than EF and RF because when he was rescued by the neighbor couple, he said he had 2 sisters at Jodi’s, but he hadn’t seen either for a month. This is also why LE was looking for 2 girls when they entered Jodi’s house, and not just one. So, there had to be at least one more child who is a potential victim. This, I assume, was the frightened young one at Pam’s.

I don’t believe at all that Kevin is blameless for his past, but I’m less sure about his position now. IMO it’s gonna take a long time to unwind the brainwashing. He also is able to identify some elements of what the kids went through, since the same techniques were used on him. He mentioned this in his second interview. I do think this detail will be helpful to the kids, as there’s healing they can do together. He can also corroborate their experience, and seems willing to do so.

IMO Kevin was too brainwashed in the first interview to take in anything. And the realities of the second interview haven’t quite settled in. I don’t believe this is abnormal. So many times, we can see truth in our dysfunctional families, yet we don’t want to believe it, so we can’t act on it: if separated, we might even go running back. I can certainly identify with this. It’s very very difficult to reckon with family dysfunction, and if you’ve been part of the mechanism? Extreme.

Sometimes fathers who once were cads can step up and start acting like fathers. There are examples of this in livestreams from family courts. So, I haven’t written Kevin off. After a time, I’d like to see how he’s evolved before giving final judgment. In the meantime, I hope he either isn’t given 100% custody, or at the very least, has been given multiple guardrails by DCF. He should be getting parenting classes, random visits (with kids interviewed out of earshot), de-programming, how to be a single dad, etc. The kids should be enrolled in a real school: none of this home-schooling rot that makes them vulnerable to abuse. I also think Kevin should pay back his older son for the “therapy” he received from Jodi, all those years at his own expense, $900 per month (see Kevin’s second LE interview).

I believe it’s really important to understand brainwashing techniques in all this. Adults and not just children are susceptible. Even the most stalwart of POW’s succumb. We’re talking Patty Hearst level.

Last edited:
My problem with some of the vitriol against Kevin is that he’s clearly gone through every step of classic brainwashing. The kind they use on POW’s. These were also the methods used on the kids, the youngest 4, I would guess.

I’m including more than EF and RF because when he was rescued by the neighbor couple, he said he had 2 sisters at Jodi’s, but he hadn’t seen either for a month. This is also why LE was looking for 2 girls when they entered Jodi’s house, and not just one. So, there had to be at least one more child who is a potential victim. This, I assume, was the frightened young one at Pam’s.

I don’t believe at all that Kevin is blameless for his past, but I’m less sure about his position now. IMO it’s gonna take a long time to unwind the brainwashing. He also is able to identify some elements of what the kids went through, since the same techniques were used on him. He mentioned this in his second interview. I do think this detail will be helpful to the kids, as there’s healing they can do together. He can also corroborate their experience, and seems willing to do so.

IMO Kevin was too brainwashed in the first interview to take in anything. And the realities of the second interview haven’t quite settled in. I don’t believe this is abnormal. So many times, we can see truth in our dysfunctional families, yet we don’t want to believe it, so we can’t act on it: if separated, we might even go running back. I can certainly identify with this. It’s very very difficult to reckon with family dysfunction, and if you’ve been part of the mechanism? Extreme.

Sometimes fathers who once were cads can step up and start acting like fathers. There are examples of this in livestreams from family courts. So, I haven’t written Kevin off. After a time, I’d like to see how he’s evolved before giving final judgment. In the meantime, I hope he either isn’t given 100% custody, or at the very least, has been given multiple guardrails by DCF. He should be getting parenting classes, random visits (with kids interviewed out of earshot), de-programming, how to be a single dad, etc. The kids should be enrolled in a real school: none of this home-schooling rot that makes them vulnerable to abuse. I also think Kevin should pay back his older son for the “therapy” he received from Jodi, all those years at his own expense, $900 per month (see Kevin’s second LE interview).

I believe it’s really important to understand brainwashing techniques in all this. Adults and not just children are susceptible. Even the most stalwart of POW’s succumb. We’re talking Patty Hearst level.
Bolding mine.
I appreciate your point of view; esp. the bolded !

Also, I don't want to write the husband off, but admit I'm deeply skeptical of him at this time.
He doesn't seem to want to admit he may have been wrong to not protect his kids more; and he's also more apologetic of Ruby than he should be. Again this is my opinion.

My issue with the husband is that he is an adult.
A fully grown man.
Was he raised to think like this somewhat ... and thus more vulnerable to the twisted suggestions of his wife and her friend ?
If so, following what Jodi and Ruby said or commanded him to do, makes him seem like a milquetoast.
That's my .02.
If the safety and well-being of his own children was at risk, he needed to 'man up' and even go to the authorities if necessary.
Idk, I can't imagine some of the actions he witnessed , were easily written off in Kevin's mind !
Omo.

My issue with the husband is that he is an adult.
A fully grown man.
Was he raised to think like this somewhat ... and thus more vulnerable to the twisted suggestions of his wife and her friend ?
I always go back to Jodi H, and Jessi H commenting that people do not realize how incredibly powerful Jodi H is.

Jodi H's pathological counseling specialized in making men feel "less than", that they were evil *advertiser censored* addicts who were a danger to their families and were so dangerous that they must be separated from their wife and children while they work on personal redemption. Kevin was not Jodi H's only victim in this regard.

Idle speculation and MOO: I wonder if Jodi H was decompensating and becoming crazier at the point she encountered RF, in 2018 I think. JH could maintain her public-facing "professional" facade but was becoming unhinged in the shadows. Kevin alludes to Jodi H having visions and being haunted by demons in one of his interviews. MOO: I'd strongly consider that JH and RF were taking psylocybin mushrooms, ketamine, whatever, to have religious visions. Kevin notes in one interview that JH and RF would go upstairs (where Kevin was not allowed) and come down 4 or 5 hours later, glowing and happy. There are other obvious explanations that I won't go into. It could have been both.

Psilocybin has recently had some high profile moments in the MSM, for it's therapeutic potential. Take a walk down Google lane searching for "Mormon moms + psilocybin" or similar. Apparently an ex-Mormon mushroom cult has sprung up, using psychedelics to search for the divine.

I also salute the person who noted that the Air BnB apartment at the Ivins compound may have been for people who were coming for intensive "counseling" with JH.

What a load of BS. I don’t buy her devil made me do it story. That’s a cop out.

Just like Lori Vallow & Chad saying they received a message from God that told them they had to kill the children and the other victims because of bad spirits.

It puts the blame on something else. They can tell the remaining family members that it was a force outside of their control.
She didn't think satan made her do it. She thought satan interfered with her ability to "save" her children's souls by sending police to take away her access (ability to torture). She was doing God's work and then satan came along and ruined it before she was "done" with that work.

Delusional. Persecuted my arse.

Was anything ever reported about the money the 6 minor children made being exploited by their parents on Youtube and if it was protected from their parents?

Kevin Franke filed for divorce from Ruby in November, after the couple had been separated for about a year, his attorney said in September. On Jan. 12, Kevin filed a temporary restraining order to establish restitution from Hildebrandt, requiring that she not be able to liquidate or transfer her “personal assets” before sentencing.

'

• Kevin Franke said that he was Jodi Hildebrandt's 'resident exorcist'
  • Jodi began living with Kevin and Ruby as they tried to help her fight 'evil spirits' and 'cast the demons out'
What the what ?
This just keeps getting weirder.
Sorry for the kids at the mercy of this twisted threesome !

Fwiw, it's looking like Kevin was much more involved than he has led people to believe.
Omo.
IMO:
KF thinks his telling just how insanely scary his home became after JH moved in and the dark forces ran amok that it will garner him sympathy as some kind of ghost buster when it actually proves that he knew his kids would be under the care of these two dangerous bat-crazy women and their religious obsession with the devil and evil and he just didn't care.
It was all about Kevin.

KF-RF & JH all deserve each other from here to eternity. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey