Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Ok if there was no diagnosis of bipolar, maybe we shouldn't be speaking as if he had it when we don't know that?

I do agree that some information being witheld was to protect the family image, and that it was important and should have been disclosed. It may have helped in the search, and it possibly could have resulted in a different outcome. It's no wonder his wife is convinced he died the day he went missing, the guilt of not trying harder or doing more to find him must be overwhelming.

I never said anything about him having bipolar.
I would lean towards something else since it appears to be a sudden onset.

Nothing will ever be confirmed because he died before being diagnosed.

I do 100% believe that the information was held back to protect the family image.
That is fairly normal for the area. Try to hide or sugar coat things that are less than perfect.
Unfortunately that information being held back can hurt the search.
I believe I would overshare, wanting my husband back angry and embarrassed but alive.

I do hope that this will raise awareness of the importance of being transparent about these issues.
I hope it will raise awareness of how important it is to be able to seek help without judgment.
The drug use, overdose and suicide epidemics in Utah are astronomical.
I hope at least some good can come from this in raising awareness and preventing another death.

I was really hoping it would be revealed he died before he was even reported missing.
Lots of people will be haunted at the thought that they could have found him in time...

BBM. Or perhaps the the info was held back to protect Paul. This is the reason why health privacy laws are in place, to protect people's privacy. You stated before if people knew this information they would know where to look for him. Apparently he was a regular user and maybe Ashley gave this info to LE and they went to his suppliers. We don't know if they did or didn't. I find it hard to fathom though how us knowing this info of his drug usage would help us find him. Weed isn't like Heroin or Meth. Definitely not nearly as addictive.

I just don't understand your angle. You blame the family for some of this info being withheld, that it contributed to his death, yet fail to explain how. How about Paul being blamed for his own apparent suicide, leaving a child and now single mother behind when he clearly knew he needed help?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back