UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley, 6 Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says a lot that LE didn't call and tell Josh.............

I do hope the next time LE reaches out to him it is with handcuffs! :floorlaugh:

May come down to son vs father :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

IIRC it is 6:30 Utah time, any local reports that LE and ME are still at the scene?
Will they work into the night if the remains are human?
What time does it get dark in Utah area?

Oh, I really think daddy-in-law is in this up to his eyeballs.

jmo.

could be wrong.

I agree - I think it could be her... which is both good and bad... :(

(ETA: it's about 30 miles from the "camping" site)

ETA - again:

I keep thinking about what one of her boys said. Didn't he say that she was with the "crystals"? This location where the remains were found is Topaz Mountain, which does have topaz and other crystals:

http://geology.utah.gov/utahgeo/rockmineral/collecting/topaz.htm

Her ya go

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44203...e-search-nev-desert-missing-mom-susan-powell/

Wow. I really hope this is her. I believe 100% that she is dead. Her family deserves to be able to bring her home. Josh deserves to be arrested for murder. A positive ID would allow both of those things to become a reality.

IMOO, Josh has been and is totally manipulated by his Dad and I think Steve is the perp. . . or both. I think Steve is a sociopath and if he couldn't have her nobody could. He might have manipulated Josh to go camping and then came to the house that night while Josh was gone, tried to rape her and killed her. Then he got Josh to hide the body. JMO
I hope and pray they have found Susan and that those little boys can go to the Cox family, though it might be a terrible upheaval for them and hopefully they will get counseling for them.

Wow. I really hope this is her. I believe 100% that she is dead. Her family deserves to be able to bring her home. Josh deserves to be arrested for murder. A positive ID would allow both of those things to become a reality.

If you look at the pictures of JP when SP went missing and look at him today you can see he doesn't handle stress well. He seems to be loosing it lately. I believe if they try to arrest him he will either try to run or do something to himself. My greatest fear if for the boys.

jmo

If you look at the pictures of JP when SP went missing and look at him today you can see he doesn't handle stress well. He seems to be loosing it lately. I believe if they try to arrest him he will either try to run or do something to himself. My greatest fear if for the boys.

jmo

Can you link me to recent pictures? I have a virus on my laptop and unless it's a link, bookmark or part of my internet history, I can't access it. Google searches just give me ads right now!

Why the new home wouldn't their be alot more evidence in the house where the crime most likely took place as in the old house that they lived in .

It was searched soon after she disappeared. LE searched the new home for journals, computer equipment, and other things.

I remember when this case hit the news- I scoffed at the camping w toddlers because it was a horrible freezing time to even let my dog outside. Snow, sleet, rain, wind, extremly bad weather conditions in the rocky mt regions of the west. . . Its been getting dark around 8-8:30 pm. If its her, poor girl, this is really going to get ugly as far as the 2 families go for the kids. How awful! It has been alot cooler here as well, 40s in my area. Fall already, hope we have some Indian summer.

Salt Lake Trib Article

... five cadaver dogs confirmed the remains were human.

The remains were found about 1 p.m. Since personnel from the state medical examiners office could not reach the area before dark Wednesday two detectives were to camp overnight to guard the scene, Merritt said. The excavation and an additional search will proceed Thursday

Can you link me to recent pictures? I have a virus on my laptop and unless it's a link, bookmark or part of my internet history, I can't access it. Google searches just give me ads right now!

For your computer, try to run your antivirus in "safe mode" or try to download malwarebytes in safe mode and run it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro#overview

I feel so sorry for these 2 boys. They really have a very difficult life now, and ahead.

May they be blessed in some way that makes their lives a bit easier.

I am not sure if I hope these remains are Susan or not. No matter which way you look at it, it is a horrible situation.

Thanks everyone for the updates!

Cops: No remains found yet at Powell search site

"Right now, we haven't found anything except for these scents that these dogs are picking up," said West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt. "We have not come across bones."

Merritt spoke Thursday afternoon after anthropologist Joelle McCarthy examined the site, found a day earlier by authorities searching for clues in Powell's disappearance. McCarthy told authorities human-caused disturbance at the site appears to be "fairly recent."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44537...cops-no-remains-found-yet-powell-search-site/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox