UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, what set JP off was festering for a long time within him.
Long term fighting, living like room mates, no sex? financial problems,
Susan working, Susan had friends (did he?) Susan saving money,
Susan talking divorse, Susan taking HIS SONS! Susan is beautiful
and EVERYONE loves her. JP is so jealous of the perfect Susan.
He hates her,

I see allot to set him off and for him to make his own plan.
IMO, he used something to get her 'sick',
waited for Susan's friend to leave.
Something BAD happened in the livingroom, lose of body fluids.
JP puts a drosey, dead Susan in passenger seat of van.
through attached garage, UNSEEN.

Bundles up the boys for sledding fun. That's all the 5 year old can think of!
Goes to the nearest woods, ravine, backs up van (boy's can't see)
Takes Susan and sled out....occupies boys with DVD? candy?
Dumps Susan, dead or alive...........in a few minutes, carelessly.

Takes boys sledding and out to eat as stated (cookies and hot cocoa?)
They are sleepy and he returns home at 8:30.

first alibi

Puts sleeping kids to bed.
Cleans up kitchen, bedroom and mess on livingroom floor.
an intruder could care less about the carpet!!!
or know where fans are!!!

Makes plans to load up food, clothes,diapers
and make it look like they went camping with generator etc.
Loads van, loads sleeping babes in van.
Takes off, son's sleep for hours.
They awake, he cares for all their needs.

Plans to come home later in evening but has to come
back early because the word is out that Susan is missing!
and he is caught in a big fat lies!

He drives around lost for hours to get his head straightened out.
He gets 2 phone calls from Susan's friends looking for Susan.......

Makes up the rest as we have seen. JMOO

I think he is a lilly livered control freak bent on controling lots of aspects in his life. One friend said he controlled his wife, his children, etc.

I think if he got a whiff that his control was coming to an end soon (ie, wife done with him and planning to move on shortly) this would be bigger than a splinter in his toe... more like an axe in his heart and he had to pull it out immediately.

I also think there was most likely a trigger to the event but we don't know it yet. Since he has lawyered up... unless the forensics speak and other evidence from the vehicle, unless her body is found soon we may never know what went on in that house that night.

I seriously pray that forensics can play along with the already BLAZING circumstantial evidence..... I do NOT see him giving up where he put her at this point... not with his current representation.

LE getting any further info from him at this point.........NIL.

bbm~

I don't think so lone..at least not from what I've read so far. I do believe that he most likely had Susan with him, but if he wasn't planning on coming back, I don't think he would have left the 2 fans on to dry the wet spot on the carpet. He probably wouldn't have cleaned it at all OR at least would have let it dry by itself.
Re: earlier post about 'smores'. I can't even hardly type that it sounds so ridiculous, but what I have read and someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but in the one article he said that they often go on last minute camping trips and fix smores and stuff like that....never did read that they did make smores this time..in the wee hours of the morning...with 2 young boys..in sub freezing temps...on a Sunday nite because he forgot what day it was...then forgot to mention the camping trip to Susans father on the single occasion that he spoke to him...Really...you couldn't make this up if you tried...if it wasn't so horrible one would almost have to laugh..:(

Yep, Friend, you're right. I misremembered LOL, about the fan drying the floor. He evidently did not think that LE would be involved prior to him returning. I think surely that Susan was with them when they left to go "camping". Maybe not breathing, but with them nonetheless. I would really not want to be his attorney right now. It would be really difficult to look him in the eyes while he is telling his side of the story, KWIM?:waitasec:

I agree with you, pink. The family must go along with LE to keep Josh from believing he is already the POI, and therefore may keep talking, but now that he has lawyered up the situation may change. Also LE does not want him to take off with the children or commit some other heinous act like suicide/homicide, as he already exhibited signs of mental dysfunction.

It's possible the father is following police instructions to act as if he doesn't suspect Josh of any wrongdoing. It would make sense, because the police themselves have kept saying Josh isn't a suspect, despite the fact that he obviously is. If the police feel that encouraging Josh to believe they don't really think he's responsible will help elicit more information, then it would be perfectly reasonable for them to ask Susan's family to go along with the ploy, and perfectly reasonable for them to agree to do so.

Yeah, you could be right. I hope so because it you are not right and this "husband/father" is arrested for his daughter's murder, he will feel really bad about standing up for him. It would be really difficult to play the part, for sure.

Maybe he used a Coleman stove to 'roast the marshmallows' and a leaky connection caused a flareup. I've seen that happen and it will burn the hair off your fingers.

Well, Coleman stove or camp fire, it would still have to be done outside unless he has a camper van. I have not heard that the van was a camper. Have there been any photos of the van published?

he never made s'mores. he was shooting off the cuff... a former realator... a seller of stuff. He was selling stories from the minute whatever happened happened.

I doubt he was ever at pony express as well.

I bet, though, that he was in a location that he knew well. Perhaps they should look into properties he has sold in the past and any other previously known spots he would go.

Might I also add that I did not buy a BIT of the story he told to the media in that interview. It was so made up that it made my pinky toe TWITCH!

I also bet he did not stop ANYWHERE that night and sleep in the van... I bet he was working the whole time. Driving to a location, doing his thing and driving back. The time that he left... well his children would have been sound asleep for quite a bit of it. As for the rest of the day... did he stop to get them breakfast, etc? Check the car for fast food receipts, etc.

I still think the older child has more to tell.

Maybe Josh did do impromptu camping "trips" with his boys.....in the summer.

Her purse and cell phone found in home.
No visible forced entry into the home.
2 fans drying a wet spot. (were the fans "on" when LE went into the home?)
She was last seen in black pants and black top per dinner guest......have they gone through hamper/basket to see what clothes were there?

I think LE is keeping a lot close to the vest about this case. Josh is a wide open field, and I would bet my last dollar that they are onto him like white on rice, and are waiting for forensics to come back.

Lawyered up? Oh yeah........you go dude. Just like Jason Young......:furious:

I think now that Josh has a lawyer, things will change, and soon there will be an arrest - also, some of the forensic evidence should be back. He looks like a tortured soul, pale and dark circles under his eyes like he has not slept. His male pride was challenged with the pretty, successful wife, and he lost his mind. I am not sure if he truly planned this event all the way through-it does not appear as such, since he seemed to be creating the story as he was questioned. None of the story made much sense, it was totally off the cuff, and I think he realized how dumb the stories sounded, thus stopped talking. Does anyone know if there is a life-insurance policy?:waitasec:

here are my problems:

Susan goes to church by herself... ((why didn't Josh go that day? Only Susan knows and she is not here to tell us))

She has a friend over to work on a personal crochet project and they are eating in the living room while josh is in the kitchen eating with the kids

he keeps coming into the living room to talk to them... (checking on if susan is eating and drinking?????)

All of a sudden in the middle of having a friend over to HELP HER... she suddenly is so tired she has to lay down in the early evening hours!!!

AFTER SHE IS OUT OF THE ROOM Josh goes on to tell her (the friend) he is going to take the kids sledding as her friend continues to work on their yarn project. He never mentions sledding in front of Susan who has since "retired" to the bedroom!

hink, hink, hink with a premeditated cherry on top!

:furious: Totally. And maybe Josh told the friend that he was taking the kids sledding just to get the friend to leave.

jmo

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4563596#post4563596"]UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

new thread.. this one was getting a bit long... will pm mod to close this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member