UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
course he was a no show! especially now that he has a new buddy.

(expletive, expletive, expletive... bad words... shouting... cussing)

Good for you Josh. Hope this guy can save you a year or two in the sentencing phase.

I just read an interesting comment on my local news site (Seattle area).

Someone suggested that he drugged her, drowning her later in the bathtub, carried her to the living room where he wrapped her up, thus leaving a wet spot. No blood, just harmless water.

That's actually **really** plausible given what we know so far.

Doesn't take very long to premeditate murdering someone. Susan got extremely tired all of a sudden immediately after her husband prepared her dinner....kept coming into the livingroom, possibly to check up on how she was doing, to see if she was being affected by any of his "cooking" maybe. A lot of murderers screw up the disposal phase of the murder. Their diabolical planning doesn't go very far past the murdering phase and thus, "they wing it". Not very successfully, I might add. This is just my opinion at this stage, but if he had anything to do at all with his wife becoming "sick", then he did do some pre-planning, IMO.

I must confess, that early on in this case, I was suspicious of Josh (the husband). After a number of cases here on WS, I sincerely try NOT to focus on the most likely supect, the husband, as I've seen cases where the "most likely suspect" ends up not being the perp, or it's left in question......HOWEVER!..........this case SCREAMED! "He did it!"

I've often times seen where WS'ers contimplated the 'alleged perp' poisoning the victim. GENERALLY I do NOT agree with that assessment. Even in this case, earlier, I did NOT agree, but remained mute.

HOWEVER, after further assessment of THIS CASE, I believe there IS a possibility he MAY HAVE poisoned the victim.

Sincerely, of all the cases I've observed here on WS, I've NEVER felt this way before. But,......................think about it,....................and IF it's true JOSH actually prepared the meal,....................Susan was in the OTHER ROOM with HER guest, and JOSH served them,................he kept coming in to talk to them,....................Susan suddenly feels tired??????????????.........

Just,
FWIW,
curious!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................
thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking...............,
fran

Missing woman's husband is a no-show at 2nd police interview

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9029772

O/T Jason Young was arrested for murder....woot!

OhMyGosh!

SuziQ! You have delivered the best news today!

I can hardley believe it!

Sorry Jason, you !

Bless Michelle!

OhMyGosh!

Thank you SuziQ

Maybe someone should let Josh know! I bet he'll be as thrilled as we are!.................or NOT! :mad:

fran

"He called and told me Susan was missing," Ol' Scott Peterson said the same thing to Laci's parents.

Did he check hospitals, friends? I understand the mormon community can be quite close (only an opinion, since I'm not Mormom).

Poor mom - She left behind two children and a husband, who says he doesn’t know what happened to her.

Josh Powell, who told police he left his wife and took his boys, ages 2 and 4, on a camping trip around midnight Dec. 6 in subfreezing temperatures.

Powell told police he slept in a van with the boys in Utah’s west desert. Police say he returned home Tuesday evening.

Police say they can’t confirm the husband’s account of taking a camping trip while his wife disappeared.

McLachlan said police questioning of the 4-year-old child wasn’t definitive. He declined to elaborate.

Susan Powell disappeared without taking her purse or cell phone or other items “that you would normally associate with somebody leaving the house,” he said.

All of these statement say to my heart that he killed her in the house and dumped her in the dessert. This could be the explanation of the stain and the fans.

I didn't rush to judgement on Laci's case -- but I must admit I am rushing to jusgement here. Please don't bash me for that ;)

Hugs, Mel

Oh, I FORGOT!

Josh, see, it doesn't matter how much you hide, they'll GET YOU anyway!

It's only a matter of time.

Feel that breathe on your neck? It's Lady Justice knocking on your door.

Your days as a 'free man' are numbered.

:mad:
fran

I hate to concentrate on the likely suspect first too, but I feel Josh is responsible for this crime and it was premeditated. His story to LE just is laughable and I believe he is not very bright. I feel the body will be found soon, not like in some of the other cases we have studied. I'm not sure at this juncture if he did poison her. I am open to that suggestion and can make more of a decision as the facts come in.

Gozgals

The poisoning theory is very, very plausible. Wonder if he had any hobbies, if LE took a computer, and if LE is asking to check any computers he worked on or with. Didn't they say at some point he was an IT person?

Also, the drowning aspect is compelling, especially with the water on the floor.

He still is somewhat of a nitwit and his story stinks, no matter how many times he tells it.
I really don't like the fact that it took him until Tuesday to call his FIL. What I found interesting is that the police met him at his home. He was not there (according to the latest link posted above) when the police went to the house and they were concerned about carbon monoxide poisoning, so they broke in. What did they find? Two fans running and trying to dry out a wet spot on the carpet. Memories of Laci Petersons kitchen comes to mind...a crumpled up rug by the doors, a wet mop and bucket outside the back door, an empty pizza box on the counter and THE TELEPHONE BOOK OPEN TO CRIMINAL LAWYERS. Perhaps, we can get so lucky again.

Wonder how JP found his mouth piece?

While we are all horrified that Josh has the benefit of the 5th amendment, and right to a, free high powered attorney. This makes for a long, long road...
Let us all know that the ride does lead to the truth. WE can speculate all we will, but LE has far more than they will ever be known. Enough, IMO, to lead all roads to JP. So much so that even his high profiled attorney will eventually bow out.

Beware: this case is going to take some time. Well, about enough time until attorney takes himself "off the case." Or until hunters/campers find her. She is out there/somewhere. Of that, according to husband's story and all other evidence. She is deceased. Much to our dismay. But, we as a collective, wish to bring him to the justice that we know belongs to him!!

In my heart I feel that this will come to a conclusion before that. Josh will either crack, or hunters/true campers will find her. And then, find the evidence to convict the only person in this case. Luv, Julie

Get ready for a long haul people now that he has a high powered attorney (even we in the east know who Wanda Barzee is)
He will give nothing (as advised by attorney/low-life/how do these people live with themselves), but whatever: nothing will come from his next contact with the Popo.

And this will go on, and on, and on....that is UNTIL someone actually finds her body. And I feel with all my heart that this will happen. (DH is too small to actually dig in freezing ground) I feel that this will happen sooner than later. Then, attorney will remove himself from the case. HA Am not really in with the 'stars', just know what I know, and can see with my/our own eyes.

From previous thread!

I think now that Josh has a lawyer, things will change, and soon there will be an arrest - also, some of the forensic evidence should be back. He looks like a tortured soul, pale and dark circles under his eyes like he has not slept. His male pride was challenged with the pretty, successful wife, and he lost his mind. I am not sure if he truly planned this event all the way through-it does not appear as such, since he seemed to be creating the story as he was questioned. None of the story made much sense, it was totally off the cuff, and I think he realized how dumb the stories sounded, thus stopped talking.

I don't agree with him being threatened..I would think this is more of a control thing, than anything...please forgive me for saying so, but she isn't runway-model pretty...I don't think her looks factor into this. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther