UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook Group: GONE

Dear friends and supporters of Susan Cox Powell and family,

This afternoon, for reasons unknown, our Facebook group—Friends and Family of Susan Powell—disappeared. We have never broken any rules. We don’t allow accusations or speculation in this group. The group had well over 44,000 members and was growing by hundreds each day. It was a wonderful source of support, encouragement, prayers, united strength, love, and information as we all worked together across the world to find Susan.

Now it’s gone. It appears that persons unknown have either hacked or used “inside” friends to pull the group from inside Facebook.

We will not let this go on, and we are working very, very hard to get it back. Nobody is going to stop us from finding Susan.

In the meantime, on a more positive note—the preparations for the Week of Service are going really well! I had a wonderful visit today with Blazing Needles, a beautiful yarn store located on the east side of the Salt Lake valley. If you’re in the area, check them out! They have friendly, warm, knowledgeable staff who care deeply about Susan and are committed to helping us. (Not to mention, a collection of beautiful, delicious, exotic yarn!) Thank you, Blazing Needles and Cynthia, Chris, and Shelly! We are so excited to work hand-in-hand with you in the coming weeks.

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

Now that is a great commercial.

My money is on Josh or his family complained about something.

Possibly a legal threat? Slander? Seems really, really sad when the news of Susan's disappearance reached so many people.

What are you thinking? Could Josh de-activated the facebook account from the Hellewell's computer? (Maybe he asked to use the computer to send his father an email.) The timing is a little hinky. Not sure if there's a facebook passwork or if Kiirsi stays logged in.

I really wonder about that. The timing is so suspicious. Or maybe Josh spotted a TOS and had his brother turned it in while he was down in Salt Lake.

TOS? Help please...

josh-susan.jpg

I bet if they posted a few of these around Josh's neighborhood they would see him turn white again.

How does something like that happen? Would it have been from Facebook admin. itself or a hacker?

I'll search the local Topix and see what's currently being discussed. If I find anything I'll be back.
If not I'll be back after I knock the foot of ice and snow off the car before it freezes!
Which means later today. Keep up the good work.

Just had a thought. Could the LE have taken it down?

How does something like that happen? Would it have been from Facebook admin. itself or a hacker?

I'll search the local Topix and see what's currently being discussed. If I find anything I'll be back.
If not I'll be back after I knock the foot of ice and snow off the car before it freezes!
Which means later today. Keep up the good work.

Just had a thought. Could the LE have taken it down?

I am pretty sure it was pulled by FB admin. I wondered about the police too.

Kiirsi owns the FB page, and it's on the same computer that J uses to draw up rental agreement paperwork?

How many seconds would it take to press the delete this site button and the "are you sure" confirmation. If I were Kiirsi I'd stay logged in. too. Many people don't protect their passwords much inside their own homes, either. Lots.

If this is what happened, nobody feels worse than Kiirsi. I'd have to give her a hug and try to help her see it's just part of supporting a criminal. Please don't forget that her heart has been torn open already for two months and she might not be getting good sleep besides.

:twocents:

Possibly a legal threat? Slander? Seems really, really sad when the news of Susan's disappearance reached so many people.
I think that facebook page helped keep the pressure on the police. Anything they can do to keep that pressure on them is good. Visits to the police station by family with the media present will not hurt either. A large scale search by volunteers at some point in time will also help keep the pressure on the police even if it is just symbolic.

Kiirsi owns the FB page, and it's on the same computer that J uses to draw up rental agreement paperwork?

How many seconds would it take to press the key and the "are you sure" confirmation. If I were Kiirsi I'd stay logged in. too. Many people don't protect their passwords much inside their own homes, either. Lots.

If this is what happened, nobody feels worse than Kiirsi. I'd have to give her a hug and try to help her see it's just part of supporting a criminal. Please don't forget that her heart has been torn open already for two months and she might not be getting good sleep besides.

Oh man, I forgot about the rental agreements. I bet that is what happened.

How many seconds would it take to press the key and the "are you sure" confirmation. If I were Kiirsi I'd stay logged in. too. Many people don't protect their passwords much inside their own homes, either. Lots.

Do the Powell family not own a computer Josh could have drawn a rental agreement up on? Surely Josh was back in WVC to do physical work on the house, not something he could have done in the past few weeks at his dad's house. Asa people are saying, the timing of Josh having access to Kiirsi's computer and the F&F site going down is suggestive.

Turning white when the police re-seize the van can only be a sign of fear, and people who have nothing to hide should not be afraid. If they had cleaned the van after the first seizure and now found Susan's DNA in it, that would surely be enough to arrest Josh? Or as Doc says, maybe they were accessing a tracking device.

The reseizure of the van is a step forward in the LE process, and I hope we'll see more in the next few days.

JMHO

I don't know if it's on the same computer or not. Is it possible that Josh stayed with the Hellewell's last night? If he did, I was just wondering if it would have been that easy to ask to use the computer to check his email.

On Kiirsi's personal blog, it sounds as if she's trying very hard to get to the bottom of the facebook issue and doesn't want to loose all the people following the case.

OT (On a side note, when I read her personal family blog that she posted the link to on facebook, she became a real person to me, not just "Susan's best friend". I can tell you that I wouldn't have shown so much grace if I were under the same fire. In my mind, I think I might do things a little differently if under the same circumstances but honestly, who really knows. I know I'm not homeschooling three children while dealing with the loss of my best friend.

From reading her family blog and messages on facebook, she seems like a person with a very tender heart just trying to do the right thing every day. Honestly, it's made my claws a little shorter and my tounge a little duller.)

I don't know if it's on the same computer or not. Is it possible that Josh stayed with the Hellewell's last night? If he did, I was just wondering if it would have been that easy to ask to use the computer to check his email.

On Kiirsi's personal blog, it sounds as if she's trying very hard to get to the bottom of the facebook issue and doesn't want to loose all the people following the case.

OT (On a side note, when I read her personal family blog that she posted the link to on facebook, she became a real person to me, not just "Susan's best friend". I can tell you that I wouldn't have shown so much grace if I were under the same fire. In my mind, I think I might do things a little differently if under the same circumstances but honestly, who really knows. I know I'm not homeschooling three children while dealing with the loss of my best friend.

From reading her family blog and messages on facebook, she seems like a person with a very tender heart just trying to do the right thing every day. Honestly, it's made my claws a little shorter and my tounge a little duller.)

That is something I would never do in a million years. Let some wife murderer spend the night in my house with my kids.

Then again I would never ever let someone like that in my home with my kids present for any reason and he would never ride in my car. The guy snapped it might have been because Susan did not put the jelly right on his peanut butter sandwich.

IMO

Wow wonder what he's moved in that van since the last time the police searched it. The article said his face became very pale. Ummm?

My guess is he turned pale when a police officer approached him because he thought he was going to be arrested at that point.

My guess is he turned pale when a police officer approached him because he thought he was going to be arrested at that point.

That's gotta be really playing with his head...

Campaigns to highlight missing mom continue

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, is working to highlight the case of her missing friend by organizing a "Week of Service" from Feb. 8 through Feb. 15. The "Week of Service" will be targeted at the arts and crafts community because Susan Powell loved to crochet and was known for giving homemade baby blankets and hats to friends, Hellewell said. Donations will be given to domestic violence shelters, she said.

How about a week of searcher recruiting focusing on the snowmobiling, 4-wheeling and snowshoeing communities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther