VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the age differences in these photos? any chance this guy has a twin?

I see age differences, but don't know when these photos were taken. The one on the left with tats is the older age looking one, so probably more recent.

I am wondering if Alexis had any cell phone or computer contact with RAT (yep, RAT cracks me up too) before she was taken. Maybe to set up an appointment or for pot or something. We will not know for some time, but there has to be more than seeing RAT on film getting gas close by for an arrest. Getting gas close by is not enough.

What are the age differences in these photos? any chance this guy has a twin?

I think it's most likely the same guy. We don't know when he got the tattoos, and he obviously spends a lot of time in the sun so they would fade (look older) quickly.

Can we just discuss the real pics we know to be real pics...
THIS is bugging me a little...

Where's Daffy? The one on the right I got from the FBI site. The one on the left from media today.

The facial hair and head hair is different too.

14cxhj6.jpg

So in one picture his fake teeth are out and he is ate up from addiction of some sort ,and the other he put some teeth in and cut back on the meth ,coke or pills .

Unfortunately, I don't think Alexis is near his home. I think he probably took her with him (deceased) when he towed the car to C-ville and 'disposed' (I hate that word) of her in a familiar place. Possibly the same place he 'disposed' of his other victims. If he is a serial killer, which I'm virtually certain that he is, then he most definitely has a ritual - and I'm betting that includes a dumping site.

Sadly, I think she is probably up near Orange.

There's also some very obvious pixellation/photoshopping in the tattoo-less picture. Is there any reason LE would photoshop a tattoo OUT of a suspect photo?

If you look closely at the 2nd photo, the one on the right, at the shirt collar line, you can see the very tops of tat on the left side wth us looking straight at photo. Hope that makes sense, you will find it either way.

There's also some very obvious pixellation/photoshopping in the tattoo-less picture. Is there any reason LE would photoshop a tattoo OUT of a suspect photo?

Yes to solict older tips from witnesses in other cases pre age and tattoo.

It's pretty clear that they they photoshopped the tats out. Odd.

Yes to solict older tips from witnesses in other cases pre age and tattoo.

I think that may be the answer then. His neck looks super weird in the 'tattoo-less' photo and there are other signs of alteration.

Unfortunately this is going to launch a bunch of conspiracy theories. Seen it happen before.

i agree that in one photo he has his teeth 'in' and in the other - they aren't in. also, sun damage and addiction age a person rather rapidly. he looks to be in his 60's now.

I hate to think that she's not in Nelson county, but anything's possible. Certainly would explain why they can't find anything down that way. Ugh, so messed up. But certainly, some place north of central Virginia is a straight shot from where AM's car was found. Easy to go undetected in the cover of night.

If he did flash lights and got her to pull over, it might have been on up Rt 29N. If that were the case, nobody would have thought anything if he did it at the right place. There have been some construction on Rt 29 in the past few years. One of them, now, is located right before the Nelson County Wayside. On the Rt 29S side, drivers actually have to detour off of the highway, loop around, and come back near Shady's Place. There is also one on both sides of Rt 29 (N and S) closer to Afton. The speed traps have been plentiful. I saw what looked to be a "family car" being used by the police, to get speeders. Point is, IMO, with any lights or antenna on that big, camoed out truck, a person could easily think that it's an unmarked police car and would pull over. I could also see a perp, knowing when the cops are out there if they were listening to the scanners.

Hey guys. In about 10 minutes we're going to be moving over to a new thread. (Hopefully before anything else huge breaks and we get wayyy too long in here.) 10 minute warning!

Kinda OT but I'm subscribed to WAVY's news feed on FB and I swear to you EVERY. DAY. they're reporting on some kind of death. It's ridiculous.

Yup, it's every single day. Like I said, bad area. I won't even go to Va Beach anymore, it's gotten bad, too. I'm outside of Richmond now, and I don't go into the city for anything. Mind you, these are all places I went a lot when I was in my 20s, and felt pretty safe. No more.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

She could still be in Nelson County. It is an area with lots of heavily wooded areas that are not used daily or traveled "into" daily. Seems RAT had a camper somewhere, so he may have had spells of living in out of the way places and would know the areas better than the average working citizen that did not have time or opportunity to roam the countryside so to say.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 48s
Authorities remove camper from home of Randy Taylor, arrested Sunday on abduction charges in #AlexisMurphy case http://ow.ly/i/2RjPI

The one on the right looks younger and healthier... skin tone, teeth, clearer eyes.

I don't think it is photoshopped but maybe (I'm no expert). If it is real, it would be before the Samantha Clark case.

Does anyone know if VA has the death penalty?

I ask because - while I'm not a fan of the DP myself - the threat of the DP can sometimes be used to get perps to tell where victims are. For example, Mickey Shunick's killer agreed to give up the location of her remains (& confess to her murder & a previous murder he had committed- that of Lisa Pate some 13 years earlier) in exchange for the death penalty being taken off the table.

If VA has the death penalty, maybe RAT can be pressured to give up the locations of Alexis & Samantha (and maybe others) in exchange for the death penalty being taken off the table.

I think it's most likely the same guy. We don't know when he got the tattoos, and he obviously spends a lot of time in the sun so they would fade (look older) quickly.

It is true sun will fade a tattoo fast, but I also watch a lot of those tattoo shows and have a friend who owns a tattoo shop. I learned that on older skin it is harder to get ink to take, so sometimes even fairly new tattoos on older people can look old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500