VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, as others have said, VA does have the death penalty. It's a hardcore, true-blue southern state, not quite as hardcore as Texas, but the state tends to go that way.

I completely agree.

Also, the latest mugshot shows emotion, that too me, shows he knows they have him on it.

I was thinking the same thing.

In one he's still defiant, defiant enough to complain about his mistreatment by LE to the press (see long article from Oct 2012). In the one on the left, he looks defeated.

I don't think it's a scar. It's just deep wrinkles. They are more prominent in the higher resolution/higher-lighting photo.

IMO this is not a case of twins.

It was just a thought and prolly not a good one,but just thinking out loud!!(Why I mostly lurk now a days)
one has tats and a scar
other does not...at least to me..lol

I would be flabbergasted if AM had been buying weed from RAT. She wouldn't have had to go much farther than her high school parking lot for that. Not to alarm any parents, but I don't think I've ever been more than 3 degrees removed from a drug dealer my own age in both high school and in college, and most of them were regular, high achieving kids from the suburbs. And RAT would've given every single one of them the heebie jeebies.

I find it fascinating that this guy was the focus of the SC investigation. I mean that in more than just being a repeat offender. This guy was put through the ringer. To me that says - if he is guilty in Alexis' disappearance - we are dealing with an individual who is completely at the mercy of his urges. Despite having been given the royal POI treatment previously, he still lacks the impulse control to prevent himself from offending again and getting right back under the bubble.

This is a monster. A sub-human.

I live across the street from the jail where RAT is being held, they should call me in to get that confession (cracking my knuckles). :)

I would be flabbergasted if AM had been buying weed from RAT. She wouldn't have had to go much farther than her high school parking lot for that. Not to alarm any parents, but I don't think I've ever been more than 3 degrees removed from a drug dealer my own age in both high school and in college, and most of them were regular, high achieving kids from the suburbs. And RAT would've given every single one of them the heebie jeebies.

Exactly right. Weed is readily available from peers. No need to go to an older man to get it. The kids have better connections than adults!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, the FBI release is way more high res. Remember, the police dept. in Nelson sees little to no action so I'd assume they aren't well equipped with the newest technology.

Very true, not to mention, Better equipment and lighting makes a huge difference when it comes to photos.

absolutely 29 is in his awareness space. This an article from the Jessica Ridgeway case but it can apply here too.

snip:

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

I tend to think :twocents:

1) he was the guy seen talking to her at the pump (bet he said: hey your car had a spark coming out when you drove up.. I work on cars and I live right up the way so if we go there I can fix it really quick for you)

2) her car seen exiting that area (the loop) in a strange way: this was most likely him doing a u-turn to head into C-ville to dump her car and items along the way

3) where her car was found is also near where he used to live and inside of his awareness space per se yet on the outside of it as to where he currently lives but along the corridors of where he currently lives and areas he knows.

4) I fully think she intended to go where she planned to go that day but he lured her to his location and I well think he could have used the "you are having car trouble" ploy to get her to follow him. Why else would she drive away in the other direction and he follows her?

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Exactly right. Weed is readily available from peers. No need to go to an older man to get it. The kids have better connections than adults!

This is true, although unfortunately kids usually get better connections from older people. At least that has been my experience in the past. You always seem to get more for your money with the older dealers. However, I don't think AM would be getting anything from him. When I was her age I always got other people to get it for me, usually guys. Don't judge I was young and dumb too once...haha

alexis13n-3-web.jpg

Quoting my posts for reference from a few days ago because I feel that initial impressions are important: (I want to pick up tonight where I left off on the aspect 30 miles and red herrings---opposite direction of her vehicle??)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9744063&postcount=1120"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9744063&postcount=1120[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9744039&postcount=1117"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9744039&postcount=1117[/ame]

Do we have photos/camera of the gas station?, just wanting to know if we see RAT or his car

The reason the FBI was involved virtually immediately is the MO, IMO. They've probably had someone in their behavioral unit profiling this cat for a long time now. I feel that they knew they were tracking a serial killer, and I'm pretty confident that they know they got him.

Kudos to them.

A 17, I would have run screaming from a dude looking like RAT, and I am sure Alexis would have too if she were able. No high school girl would want to come within 15 feet of this guy, not for weed or anything else.

Besides, he does not look like a pot dealer or user, he is into hard stuff guaranteed. If he did have any weed, it'd probably be some nasty ish that's been sitting in a baggy in some old dirty boot of his at the back of a closet for years. :puke:

Does anybody have the list of addresses where we know he has lived? I'll put together a map.

Awesome carbuff. If you can also please include dates on your map, that would be awesome as well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500