VA VA - Angela Rader, 14, & Tammy Akers, 14, Roanoke, 7 February 1977

Tammy's sister has a FaceBook page now for her. She also has a blog that she started late last year going over some of the events that led up to the disappearances and how Earl Bramblett fit into the picture: https://www.facebook.com/Missing-Tammy-Lynn-Akers-857771770946334/?fref=ts

Are basements really common in that part of VA? None of the house around where my sister lives (on the coast of VA) have them.

The terrain near Roanoke is very different from that in coastal VA. Many, if not most, houses there have some kind of basement.

Bumping for Tammy and Angela.
It's been 40 years too long.
May this be the year you both are found and that your families and friends find peace.

I want to revive this thread to give you guys some insight into the house being discussed. I grew up from birth to the age of around 6 in the house where the two girls were allegedly buried. My father let the cadaver dogs into the house and around the property, he even dug around outside with a shovel when some family members of the victims came by.

You can imagine this basement was a room the size of the entire house when Earl built it. The basement was entered through a set of stone steps on the outside of the house by the time I came around, but this wasn't always the case. In the middle of the basement a cement wall was constructed cutting off a majority of this basement, which is presumably back-filled. Some distance behind this wall, in a section that used to be basement, is a small room accessible only by a hidden hatch in the master bedroom closet. Cadaver dogs searched all of these areas but the soil beneath couldn't be searched without demolishing the house first. This wasn't just a cinder block wall, we're talking cast concrete. When I asked about this wall I was told basically there wasn't a reason for your plumbing to be accessible through your master bedroom as opposed to the existing basement laundry room.These modifications were done in the same time frame of these girls going missing. The room literally had two long coffin sized slabs on either side and the floor was closer to the ceiling in this room.

The property is deep in the woods and there was a large fire pit when we got there.

I want to revive this thread to give you guys some insight into the house being discussed. I grew up from birth to the age of around 6 in the house where the two girls were allegedly buried. My father let the cadaver dogs into the house and around the property, he even dug around outside with a shovel when some family members of the victims came by.

You can imagine this basement was a room the size of the entire house when Earl built it. The basement was entered through a set of stone steps on the outside of the house by the time I came around, but this wasn't always the case. In the middle of the basement a cement wall was constructed cutting off a majority of this basement, which is presumably back-filled. Some distance behind this wall, in a section that used to be basement, is a small room accessible only by a hidden hatch in the master bedroom closet. Cadaver dogs searched all of these areas but the soil beneath couldn't be searched without demolishing the house first. This wasn't just a cinder block wall, we're talking cast concrete. When I asked about this wall I was told basically there wasn't a reason for your plumbing to be accessible through your master bedroom as opposed to the existing basement laundry room.These modifications were done in the same time frame of these girls going missing. The room literally had two long coffin sized slabs on either side and the floor was closer to the ceiling in this room.

The property is deep in the woods and there was a large fire pit when we got there.

I appreciate your insight into the house. Was your family the one that purchased the house right after Earl Bramblett?
It's sounds like the house was searched as thoroughly as it could be without demolishing it. Thank you for the information.

Could this possibly be a match for Tammy https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/10692 ?

At first glance this IUD appears to be black. But look closely at the nose and then look at Tammy’s nose. I find the most obvious similarity on the Facebook page on a post dated 8/28/15. https://m.facebook.com/Missing-Tammy-Lynn-Akers-857771770946334/?fref=ts

I also really see the similarity in Tammy’s missing poster with the most recent age progressed photo.

The UID has no ruleouts listed. Tammy is missing from Virginia and the UID was found in Virginia. The UID was found three hours away from where Tammy went missing.

Does anyone think this could be a match?

Both have dentals and DNA on file so does that mean they would have been automatically compared?

I'm thinking it would be an automatic rule out if they both have DNA listed as available.

Forensic Files episodes are now available on YouTube. This is the one about Earl Bramblett and the 1994 murder of the Hodges family. It mentions that he was a suspect in the Tammy Akers & Angela Rader disappearance.

Bramblett was very disturbed. Investigators found personal tape recordings in which he discussed his attraction to 11 year-old Winter Hodges. He was a pedophile & seemed to suffer from paranoia. He was the "closest friend of the family" and then he killed them. Awful.

Using a new forensic archeological detection instrument (sorry, I don't know what it is, how it works or anything about it), Angela's DNA was detected during the course of discovering the DNA and then the remains of another missing person. It appears that Earl Bramblett may not have murdered these girls.

Not only did the instrument hit on Gina’s DNA, but it also hit on another - Angela Radar’s. Radar went missing from Roanoke in 1977, and back then they thought she was just a runaway teen and that’s where it stopped, until Dlana met with the Radar family.

“Do we have proof? No, but we have an instrument that we put in a sample of Angela from her family and we find her on a ridge near the same valley and we find her in a different location that we are currently investigating and we find her at the creek - that tells me we’ve got more victims and we’ve only checked Gina and Angela’s,” said Bodmer.

Bodmer said she won’t stop until she excavates all eight of the locations and maybe finally find all the pieces to this decades-long puzzle.

40 years later, some of Gina Hall’s remains found in Pulaski County

A photo of Tammy L. Akers is printed on a paper held up by a 1974 MN crime victim of Lloyd L Welch Jr.- KARE 11 Investigates - New lead in Minnesota cold case double murder - YouTube (shown halfway thru the video)

What's the connection to these suspected double-murders happening in Sept 1974, March 1975, and Feb 1977 ? -outside of the young girls similarities in appearance and age especially between victims Susanne Reker and Tammy Akers ? (Bramblett denied it to his death.)

In the 1974 case, a 12 year old is stabbed 13 times, in the 1975 case, the victims are raped, cut up, and burned, and in the 1977 case, recently discovered body parts of Hall/Rader DNA are scattered across state lines of MD /VA. The 1974 case named a carny from MD/VA. What other connections can be found?

Related to my last post above, there’s bad news and good news. The bad news is it seems the new scientific instrument the “inquisitor”, which found Gina Hall and Angela Rader’s DNA; is “questionable”. Dr. Vass’s credentials and his new machine are scrutinized here:

New Dig Sites May Have Been Found Using Magic - The Disappearance of Maura Murray and
Gina Renee Hall partial remains found - Defrosting Cold Cases

The good news is Gina’s sister was working to change Virginia’s parole laws with the help of state legislators who are considering Senate Bill 5103, sponsored by Senator Ben Chafin which on 08/24/20 was Passed by indefinitely in Rehabilitation and Social Services.

It will set standards for Virginia’s parole board that convicted murders would not be eligible for parole without disclosing where their victim’s body is located.
That would have been helpful in the Lyon Sisters Case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back