VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He now has the advice of counsel. AJ's mom seems to be twisting in the wind now to make sense of things. I hope AJ's sisters have all the support they may need.

I think she is under enormous stress and is having a hard time dealing with. A family spokesman (I.e, attorney, pastor, family) would be better suited to make statements to the media. Let her cope with the magnitude of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching that video, I can't come up with an explanation for JH words and actions either. Something happened, something was discovered, some new development happened that has shifted mindsets.

This must be the twilight zone--WH, who is in jail, is asking for the media to help. The media shows up to do just that, and instead of using the few minutes to continue to get the word out, the cops get called. Something just doesn't add up.

He now has the advice of counsel. AJ's mom seems to be twisting in the wind now to make sense of things. I hope AJ's sisters have all the support they may need.

Thank you, Scott M, for sticking around, and to all the great sleuthing by WSers here. The locals and of course Zach's input means everything, thank you.

BTW, thinking this through earlier today, it struck me that Hadsell is the human equivalent of a sticky post, as he lays out the timeline of his 'personal' efforts to bring AJ home.

Question regarding TOS

Now that above media video is linked here, is referencing JH and her earlier communication to this particular news channel and reporter via a social media account now allowed?
Am I the only one who caught wh say to not worry about his or his wives past it's about AJ . Wait her past has not been looked into as far as I know. We can't discuss much more. But it seemed to me like he specified "our" past.

Am I the only one who caught wh say to not worry about his or his wives past it's about AJ . Wait her past has not been looked into as far as I know. We can't discuss much more. But it seemed to me like he specified "our" past.

Nope.

anything more on this? just logged in and saw this in the thread - have not read all the new thread yet. Another user contacted me and was going to listen to the scanners of that night. for such police presence and nothing reported -- ODD

all around the same area

I stopped by Wawa on Lynnhaven Pkwy and got some intel about the helicopter search last night. I asked the shift manager if he had heard anything about why searches have been done the last three nights. He said he didn't know but thanked me for reminding him so he could some of the officers who stop in overnight. Just as I turned to walk out, guess who comes in, a Va Bch officer.

The shift manager stops him and asks if he knew what was going on last night because the helicopter was doing a wide circular pattern at times, but it was mainly focusing from Wawa around Rosemont Elementary down to Twin Canals and back up.

The officer said there could be a number of different reasons why the helicopter was up, anything from a domestic violence situation to just training operations. I asked if it was normal for training operations to happen three nights in a row, starting around the London Bridge Rd and ending over a field behind an elementary school. He didn't quite no what to say, so he said he wouldn't know since he doesn't work every night.

I did my oh, okay response but right before he could turn away from me, I asked if the searches could be related to the missing girl from Norfolk, AJ. As soon as I said her name his demeanor changed. His cheeks became flushed, he turned his head away and avoided eye contact when he said Va Bch PD kniws nothing about her case.

He probably is telling the truth and the department knows nothing and I'm making something out of nothing. Then again......

I'm appreciative of the collective comments here and thank everyone for not only the opportunity to join the conversation but also for the thoughtful responses.

I said it earlier, but after seeing that interview I have to say it again. And let me caveat first this time that I don't believe there is any malicious undertone to JH's behavior. However, between the interview, the lack of further organized searches, a significant reduction in exposure via social media and other sources, and taking pictures at an ODU game, something that's more of a hobby and not a primary source of income, I have to echo what others have intimated (as well as I) that JH is no longer expecting AJ to come home. It's as if she's been told "She's gone, now it's just a matter of finding her," that's changed her outlook and behavior.

Thank you, Scott M, for sticking around, and to all the great sleuthing by WSers here. The locals and of course Zach's input means everything, thank you.

BTW, thinking this through earlier today, it struck me that Hadsell is the human equivalent of a sticky post, as he lays out the timeline of his 'personal' efforts to bring AJ home.

Exactly. This morning I thought of someone sticking push pins into a bulletin board. Cut up credit card to imply robbery/abduction ...check. Tell CH I met AJ and gave her cash...check. Jacket planted at Texty's house...check. *stand back, look at everything, think this just might work*

Since WH obviously has no means of income at this time, JH may be edgy because she's worried about paying bills and feeding her children on just her income. She could have used this media opportunity to gain a LOT of sympathy and support. People will be hesitant to approach her now, though.

I feel for you guys, I truly do. We left the area several years ago, but that's my community. Most of my friends and family stayed there...raised their families there. My best friend lives right down the street. This is just something I never in a million years would have imagined would ever happened in that community. And, I've been on WS long enough to have had it driven into my head that it can happen anywhere. This still shakes me to my core.:(

Mountain_Kat many of us are shaken. we have lived here forever and all of these kids have grown up with each other. They all went to school together and if they don't know a person then they usually know one of their friends. Sometimes they get split up when they reach HS because of the zoning but the neighborhood is small and they all run in the same hood. These kids are scared. A friend or a friend of a friend is missing. Stuff like this doesn't happen here. Everyone is just hoping for the best.

No connection other then reading your post. I just think you guys are coming across more like a lynch mob then web detectives. I'm just saying let's spread out and checking some other avenues here. Like what kind of friends does she roll with, and who are they, and whats their input?

Do you actually know what REAL detectives do in cases like these? They start from the inside and work their way out. The people closest to the missing/murdered individual are looked at first. If they can't be ruled out---REAL detectives can't move past that.

LE follows evidence. They don't go into some random theory 'cookbook' because they don't like where the evidence is leading them or because it's uncomfortable or "lynch-mobish" :facepalm:

They look at timelines, and who is lying about said timelines. They reconstruct alibis. If statements from people don't prove to be true, they dig deeper and deeper until they find the actual truth.

Then they question people for FIFTEEEN hours when the lies start becoming more and more apparent to anyone with half a brain cell. LE knows way more than we could ever imagine in this case, and in all others.

If we can't move past WH with what little information we have, what makes you think LE can?

Exactly. This morning I thought of someone sticking push pins into a bulletin board. Cut up credit card to imply robbery/abduction ...check. Tell CH I met AJ and gave her cash...check. Jacket planted at Texty's house...check. *stand back, look at everything, think this just might work*

Plan A:
Fake "not ready to come home text" . Check
Take a bag of random clothes. Check.
Moms not buying it...
Plan B

I picked up on that also.

Sorry Bessie. I know it's MSM but because I couldn't provide a link I didn't know what to do. With that being said. I saw it on WTKR news channel 3.

She is standing on her front porch and a kid was out there with her. She is yelling at the news station saying,

"This is not your situation please respect my family. You have like have 2 minutes to pack it up or I’m calling the cops." She's still screaming but can't hear what she's saying then "Please I’m asking you to leave us alone." On the news they said she did call the NPD on them. This was the same station that just did that interview last night They show Wesley doing an interview and he says "This is about AJ not me, not my wife,not how we did this or that, right or wrong in our past. You know uh and I wish people would remember that. Ever source helps, every picture helps, every channel helps. And I would apologize to my daughter for that. Thank you - that I had - cause that was more selfish more personal than it needed to be.

Sorry I wanted to get word for word what she and he said.

personally, I don't understand how they can claim that "every source helps, every picture helps, every channel helps" but refuse to do interviews. no matter if the reports are digging into WH's "personal life" or past, they could absolutely agree to an interview that FOCUSES on AJ. seriously. no claims for her return, no begging media for information to be broadcast more. something's not right.

:scared:

Not condemning anyone, Smurf... I completely understand the thought behind the balloon release. And I'm glad they got the biodegradable ones. I've just been snarky all day because of a migraine and hours of listening to scanner chatter. :)

I love sarcasm and have enjoyed your input, we all need a LOL now and then.

Maybe mom is just feeling bad and guilty about whatever in this case, and much like WH, is trying to push off that negativity by exploding and blaming others.
Unfortunately, I see a lot of women like that where I live, with kids in much better circumstances than AJ is at present. Maybe there is a reason she does not do interviews?

The bearded guy on the porch steps can't be a friend of AJ's, can he? He looks a lot older. I mean I know we've got a lot of hormones in our beef and what not nowadays, but that was an older guy, right??
Her or WH' s brother, maybe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member