VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why the other tabs are not showing on my page? That is strange.

Anyone have any ideas?

ETA: I think I may have fixed the problem... Let me know!

I have no idea why the other tabs are not showing on my page? That is strange.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for accepting the friend request. I signed out and back in, and now I can see it (and the rest of the tabs on your profile now too). Great photos, thanks :)

I know we already know about the landfill search, but here the most recent article. Just ignore the misprint of his middle name.

Search resumes for Roanoke toddler

Authorities are searching the Smith Gap landfill for the body of a missing Roanoke toddler.

The Roanoke Police Department said the landfill search resumed yesterday after it was suspended for two days because of bad weather. A search of the Roanoke River will resume when the water level drops.

Yesterday would have been Aveion Mark Lewis' third birthday.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/TODD27_20100126-222003/320338/

I had to walk away from this thread yesterday because it was so heart breaking to know they were looking for Aveion at the dumpsite on his birthday. His birthday should have been a day of celebration, not tears and the news of people digging through garbage. I have cried for days and my husband and co-workers are asking my why I'm not myself, laughing and happy. I just find it hard to be happy when this is going on. I can't put it aside like it doesn't matter. Aveion matters. If we don't stand up for him, who will? When I come here to WS I feel like I'm among friends who care as much as I do, and who understand why I feel the way I feel. I just pray Aveion is found soon. This gets more heartwrenching by the day.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local/article/aveion_lewis_search_heads_to_smith_gap_landfill/77119/

Local station report and interview with police captain involved in search at landfill.

From the above link:
25 people went through four train car loads of trash Tuesday. God Bless the searchers. I can't imagine how difficult yesterday must have been for them knowing it was Aveions birthday.

Amazing isn't it. That BL KNEW yesterday was Aveions birthday and couldn't even find it in his heart to give Aveion the gift of being laid to rest properly by letting LE know where he dumped that precious child. I have a fitting sentence for him, bury him alive in that trash and let him die a slow and painful death among the trash that he is.

I'm keeping the searchers in my prayers today. May they continue to find the strength they need for this search, and praying today is the day they find Aveion.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11884212

Another article where LE states they believe it will take no longer than two more days to finish sifting through the landfill to find Aveion. This article is hard to read and includes photos of the searchers at the landful. Poor baby.

How do Brandon and Morgan Lockett do this? I will never understand.

They should make Brandon and Morgan go to the landfill and search.. in shackles of course.. and a pair of footie pajamas. :(

Cubby - that's what I did several times & it doesn't work for me.

Just to let everyone know, the photo album issue is now fixed! You can go to MBLover's user profile and now see the pictures at the album.

hth!

Search for missing toddler Aveion Lewis continues
Authorities are combing trash at a Roanoke County landfill as they look for any sign of Aveion Lewis.

By Mason Adams

Tuesday should have been Aveion Lewis' third birthday.

Instead of cake and candles, however, the day was marked by mud and trash as the search continued for his body.

Nearly two weeks after his mother and stepfather reported him missing, more than 20 people spent the day raking through trash at the Smith Gap Regional Landfill in Western Roanoke County.

Roanoke police Capt. Greg Staples said searchers had worked "a little bit over halfway" through four trainloads of trash from the city, opening garbage bags and scrutinizing the muddy debris for any sign of the boy.
"The rain has really hampered our efforts," Staples said. "It's made the search area at the top of the mountain muddy. The mud clings to the trash, makes the trash heavy and hard to sift through with garden rakes."

The search progressed slowly on Tuesday. Bulldozers dumped buckets full of muddy, compacted trash on a saddle of flat land. About 21 police officers, detectives, recruits and officials from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children then stood shoulder to shoulder and raked through the trash, looking for any evidence of Aveion's body.

Staples said that searchers had found scraps of paper here and there indicating that at least some of the trash came from near Jamestown Place, but that other pieces came from around the city.

He said he'd never in his 20 years as an officer searched through the landfill on a case before.

Staples said the investigators will keep working until they find Aveion's body or have worked their way through all the trash. The latter may take another two days or so.

more here

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/234435

:(

Expected News Press Conference expected any minute. Speculation is that Aveion's body has been located per HLN

#Rke police chief Gaskins (at press conf): Searchers found body of small child while searching landfill; autopsy will show identity of body.

4:48 p.m.

Court records show Brandon Lockett, the step-father of Aveion Lewis, has been charged with murder.

The charge’s filing date is listed at January 25th (Monday), and the offense date is listed as January 14, 2010.

3:41 p.m.

Roanoke City Police have called a news conference for 5 p.m. to discuss the Aveion Lewis case.

The police department is not allowing reporters to show the news conference live. WSLS will have a crew inside to bring you what is said.

ETA: wsls.com has updated this article....BL has not been charged w/ murder at this time.

Original 4:48 p.m., Updated 5:57 p.m.

Court records show the Commonwealth’s Attorney planned to present a murder charge to a grand jury on Mondy against Brandon Lockett, the step-father of Aveion Lewis.

However, that was before a child’s body was found at the Smith Gap Landfill today.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local..._to_discuss_aveion_lewis_case_at_5_p.m/77382/

OhMyGosh!

He threw that poor baby's body in the trash!

I knew it but didn't want to believe it.

Dam* him!

fran

talking head on HLN is saying ML is not getting off scot free....she thinks she knows something (paraphrasing here)

OMG - I just logged on today to find this terrible news. My heart aches for Aveion. This is absolutely terrible and makes me literally sick to my stomach...can't stop the tears.

God bless his family that loved him and his foster parents and any others that loved and cared for him. I am so thankful that he at least experienced love, that we know of, with his foster family and extended family; and his siblings...OMG...I so hope that the siblings did not witness anything happen to Aveion and did not endure any pain, physical or otherwise, by these monsters. (plural, because I don't see how the mother did not / could not know...if she didn't then I'll "eat my words" but I don't believe that will be the case).

This is so freaking unfair and has to stop!

Thank the Creator he has been found. Now this child can have a proper burial and RIP in a respectable manner. Prayers and blessings for Aveion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname