VA VA - Christopher Douthat, 24, Rocky Mount, 25 Oct 2013

Detectives have been able to trace Douthat's final known movements to the Vinton Kroger, around 3:30 p.m. on October 25.
There, he cashed his paycheck before a friend dropped him off at this bar around four.
Bar patrons say they recall him in Chap's until about eight.
Another friend says she was supposed to meet Christopher Douthat at the Food Lion in southeast Roanoke at 5 p.m. The friend also said that Douthat told her that he had plans to meet a friend, in a parking lot, before she arrived. When she got here, the friend said, Douthat was nowhere to be found.
While there is no video evidence backing either story, cell phone records back the Food Lion exchange.
Douthat told his friend he was in this parking lot, and that's the last anyone has heard or seen from him since.

http://www.wset.com/story/24149213/franklin-co-man-missing-for-six-weeks

Detectives have been able to trace Douthat's final known movements to the Vinton Kroger, around 3:30 p.m. on October 25.
There, he cashed his paycheck before a friend dropped him off at this bar around four.
Bar patrons say they recall him in Chap's until about eight.
Another friend says she was supposed to meet Christopher Douthat at the Food Lion in southeast Roanoke at 5 p.m. The friend also said that Douthat told her that he had plans to meet a friend, in a parking lot, before she arrived. When she got here, the friend said, Douthat was nowhere to be found.
While there is no video evidence backing either story, cell phone records back the Food Lion exchange.
Douthat told his friend he was in this parking lot, and that's the last anyone has heard or seen from him since.

http://www.wset.com/story/24149213/franklin-co-man-missing-for-six-weeks

Bolded by me...told his friend he was in "THIS" parking lot...wonder which parking lot that might be? Near Chaps or near Food Lion?

maps

Why were they meeting at Food Lion? A grocery parking lot at dinner time isn't the easiest place to find someone, it's usually pretty crowded. I'm guessing it wasn't to go shopping since he could have picked up what he needed at Kroger earlier.

Drugs...?

I didn't want to be the first one to say it, but that's the best (really, the only) theory that came to mind when I read about the parking lot meet-up. A busy, dinner-time grocery store parking lot is a fairly ideal location for a quick and inconspicuous drug exchange. Depending on how careful the friends were about communicating incriminating information via text, LE might already know about the context of the meeting.

Just to clarify, I'm not accusing anyone of drug involvement, this is JMO based on the circumstances described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking around the web and the relevant FB pages for information on Christopher...nothing. I hope he is able to come back for his daughter.

Why no pleas from his mother or other family? SS is silent, too. What a sad set of circumstances.

A quick check for news on Christopher came up empty. I did, however, see a picture of his little girl (on his ex's FB) and she sure is a cutie pie. Where'd you go Christopher? I can't imagine you'd choose to miss your daughter growing up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loyaloil
Back