VA VA - Claudine Gifford, 43, White Stone, 6 July 2014 *GUILTY*

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office (via Facebook)

July 24: Four volunteer search and rescue canine teams, along with a unit from the Virginia Department of Emergency Services, returned to Lancaster County yesterday as part of the continued investigation of the missing persons case of Claudine J. Gifford. Two canine teams each from K-9 East and Richmond Search and Rescue checked locations in the upper end of the county and outside of Kilmarnock. No new information was developed.

It seems so obvious but I hope that the investigators have checked every boat that is owned by a friend of anyone that might be involved. The cell tower ping that showed up on 7/7 indicates that the phone never left the area.

It seems so obvious but I hope that the investigators have checked every boat that is owned by a friend of anyone that might be involved. The cell tower ping that showed up on 7/7 indicates that the phone never left the area.

I'm with you there. But not just boats belonging to friends. There are a lot of boats down there, on land and in the water, many used infrequently if at all. I'm sure they're following up with what they know, but they don't know what they don't know. Sad to say, but I think continued use of the dogs will eventually turn something up.

I'm with you there. But not just boats belonging to friends. There are a lot of boats down there, on land and in the water, many used infrequently if at all. I'm sure they're following up with what they know, but they don't know what they don't know. Sad to say, but I think continued use of the dogs will eventually turn something up.

Use of a friends boat my go unnoticed, especially if the friend is not always around. There could be evidence on a boat that would go unnoticed by a non professional.
There are not too many places to go on Windmill Point if you are too intoxicated to drive.

Kessler-250x170.jpg

A Lancaster County man arrested following an altercation at a White Stone area bar and restaurant was denied bond Friday afternoon in Lancaster County Circuit Court. Judge Harry T. Taliaferro III denied bond for 53 year old James Todd Kessler of the Kilmarnock area, based on testimony that the suspect poses a threat to society.

Kessler was arrested by the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office Wednesday morning July 23rd and charged with one count of felony aggravated malicious wounding. The charge stems from an altercation at “Pelican’s at the Point” at Windmill Point Marina on the evening of Saturday July 19th. Kessler will be due in General District Court on September 3rd at 11 for arraignment.

http://www.middlenecknews.com/local...-lancaster-man-accused-of-malicious-wounding/

The Rappahannock Record reports that the Lancaster County Commonwealth Attorney’s office sealed a search warrant that was executed on the residence of Todd Kessler as well as other family property. Commonwealth’s Attorney Kenny Kunkle reported that the warrant was sealed at the request of law enforcement to reduce exposure of information sensitive to the Claudine Jaquier Gifford investigation.

http://www.middlenecknews.com/local-news/search-warrant-sealed-in-case-of-missing-burgess-woman/

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/23/midlothian-man-last-seen-with-missing-woman-charged-in-separate-felony/

Kessler, age 53, was arrested Wednesday on one charge of felony aggravated malicious wounding, although the charge is unrelated to the investigation for Gifford’s disappearance.

So who was he in an altercation with? And what did this wounding consist of? It happened two weeks after Claudine disappeared, so did someone confront him about her? Or was it in fact totally unrelated and he's just spun out of control?

ETA - Court records available online here:

http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/caseSearch.do

Astonishingly, it even provides the complainant's name.

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/23/midlothian-man-last-seen-with-missing-woman-charged-in-separate-felony/

So who was he in an altercation with? And what did this wounding consist of? It happened two weeks after Claudine disappeared, so did someone confront him about her? Or was it in fact totally unrelated and he's just spun out of control?

ETA - Court records available online here:

http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/caseSearch.do

Astonishingly, it even provides the complainant's name.

Her husband/came from a fist/very likely/no-but hopefully it will aid the investigation.

"Kessler was with missing Burgess resident Claudine Jacquier Gifford July 6th at the Tiki bar at Pelican’s at the Point at Windmill Point, which is the last time she was seen. A later report released by the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Department seeks information regarding four men who may have assisted the missing woman into a silver Nissan SUV."

If the investigator's are stillnlooking for the 4 men, perhaps they could check the receipt's from the Tiki bar from the same time period since everyone was leaving at the time of her disappearance.

I'm glad you posted the General District Court links. That adds a bit of interest. What happened the prior Sunday? We are starting to see the bigger picture of the Saturday night altercation, thanks musicman, but the prior Sunday, 7/13, he received the following charges:

Speeding 64/45
Driving w/o License Endorsement
RD - Op Improper Brakes - Misd
Eluding Police

I was in the area this afternoon and drove down Cox's Farm Rd, just wondering what we're all eventually going to find out. Or not.

I'm glad you posted the General District Court links. That adds a bit of interest. What happened the prior Sunday? We are starting to see the bigger picture of the Saturday night altercation, thanks musicman, but the prior Sunday, 7/13, he received the following charges:

Speeding 64/45
Eluding Police

I was in the area this afternoon and drove down Cox's Farm Rd, just wondering what we're all eventually going to find out. Or not.

As a injury followup, Wanda's husband is rumored to have some sort of injury to a leg or hip.
I was also in the area and walked a couple of cut over tracts since I had read where TK had been charged with hunting out of season.
The growth was so thick it would take a hundred people a week to properly search those two tracts.
That should give you an idea how difficult the search is.

Speeding 64/45
Eluding Police

There are now two charges on the web site as a result of the altercation, one is a misdemeanor and one is a felony and the complaintant was changed on the felony.

Minor update, from Sheriff Crockett's weekly media release. Interestingly, I believe the woman arrested for DUI late 7/23 (in the 7/24 report) was Claudine's friend who works at the Inn. Sorry to hear that. That will surely distract from her message and tireless support of the search for Claudine, assuming it's her. But it must be, how many people with the same first and last names can live in Caret, VA, population 786? Locals, be sure to attend the vigil at Kilmarnock Inn on August 3 at 7:30pm. Candles provided.

July 23 James T. Kessler, 53 of Cox’s Farm Road, was arrested for aggravated malicious wounding (felony) on
July 19 (this charge is unrelated to the case of the missing person Claudine J. Gifford)
; Tiana M. White, 21 of
Fox Hill Drive, was arrested for assault and battery on July 23; Michael A. Crockett, 29 of Chestnut Point Road,
was charged with contempt of court on July 22; Betty Walker, 81 of Black Stump Road, was charged with suing
abusive language on July 21 in a Gloucester County case. Staff discovered an open door to an Irvington area
business during routine late night business checks (no criminal incident); responded to the Lively area on a
motorist’s report of a pedestrian interfering with traffic (elder male located; subject was disoriented); responded
to a mental health emergency on Lara Road (subject voluntarily reported for mental health services); responded
with KPD to the area of N. Main Street on a report of a possible mental health emergency (subject located; he
regularly runs and shadow boxes for exercise; no mental health emergency involved); responded to a domestic
disturbance in the 300 block of Nuttsville Road; responded with KPD to an assault call on Fox Hill Drive;
delivered an emergency contact message to a Morattico Road resident.
July 24 James T. Kessler, 53 of Cox’s Farm Road, was arrested for assault and battery on July 19 (this charge
is unrelated to the case of the missing person Claudine J. Gifford)
; Susan E. Page, 45 of Caret, was arrested for
drunk driving late on July 23. Staff intercepted a reported reckless driver in the Kilmarnock area; received a
wallet that was found by a citizen in the Windmill Point area and was able to return the item to its owner; found
an abandoned vehicle at the Upper Lancaster Ruritan Center (no tags on vehicle; unable to make contact with
the last registered owner; ULRC leadership will have the vehicle towed at the owner’s expense if not removed
the next morning); notified the power company of a downed tree dragging down the power line in the area of
Youcomico Drive; responded to a possible prowler complaint on Light Ship Way.

"Lt. Tim Self of the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Department is leading the investigation. He said the last time the county had a missing person was Aug. 22, 1985 when Mary Keyser Harding was abducted from her home in Ottoman. Harding, 24, was a small woman at 5-foot 2 and weighed 107 pounds. After a five-day search, she was found in the Rappahannock River near Morattico. Her body had a rope and chain wrapped around her neck and was weighted with cinderblocks."

You have to wonder if the two could be related.

"Lt. Tim Self of the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Department is leading the investigation. He said the last time the county had a missing person was Aug. 22, 1985 when Mary Keyser Harding was abducted from her home in Ottoman. Harding, 24, was a small woman at 5-foot 2 and weighed 107 pounds. After a five-day search, she was found in the Rappahannock River near Morattico. Her body had a rope and chain wrapped around her neck and was weighted with cinderblocks."

You have to wonder if the two could be related.

Eeekkk!! Creepy!!!

http://www.northernnecknews.com/?p=13838

A candlelight vigil will be held on Sunday, August 3, for the return of Claudine Jaquier Gifford, of Burgess, who went missing over three weeks ago.

The vigil begins at 7:30 p.m. in the courtyard of the Kilmarnock Inn, at 34 East Church Street in Kilmarnock, and will be open to the public.

Eeekkk!! Creepy!!!

I keep hoping someone else will post more so I can figure out what you guys are referring to!

What am (probably very obviously) missing about the other? (And that has you saying creepy)

This whole thing stinks to high heaven! If she only had a couple drinks and had to be helped out of the bar, then what in the world did she drink that would cause the need for her to have someone help her out? I don't remember reading that she was "drunk" and had to be helped...suppose something was slipped into her drink? I don't drink very often, maybe once every few months and wine is my alcohol choice, so I guess you'd call me a lightweight but even after 3 margaritas on an empty stomach I can still walk and function. And I also know that alcohol affects people differently due to stomach content, body weight, etc. If she was sitting on the rail listening to the band and possibly felt tipsy, then why didn't TK or somebody else just sit with her outside in the vehicle they came in?

And about the Xterra SUV...what year was it? An older model? A newer one? They do not all look the same. Is LE looking at the silver Xterras registered in that area? We own a blue 2007 Xterra and I tend to now notice other Xterras more since we own one and silver is the one I see the least amount of on the highways.

I'm just really bothered by this entire case which does not seem to be getting as much national coverage as it deserves!

Attended the Vigil tonight and am glad that Gabby her daughter was there.
Never got to meet Claudine even though I was there but she did meet a good friend of mine on 7/6.

Have heard that the leg injury to the Tiki bar patron injured in the scuffle is a broken leg in two places.

Someone posted summary of the appeal in the older missing person case from 30 years ago and they do not appear to be related.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back