VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it's quite possible there was demonic influence/possession at work here. However, if that's the case it's due to Sam opening himself up to these demonic spirits long before he ever arrived in Farmville. From the looks of it, many in the Horrorcore "community" experimented and/or were involved in the occult and certain satanic rituals/practices. That, imo, and not any kind of 'juju' surrounding Farmville is what was at work in this case.

Wes, if you want to follow that view of it, IMO, what you have here is a perfect storm. In other words, it all adds up.

Well , Heck ....................

That's just plain obvious ain't it ?

I liken it to "Yin - Yang".

On one hand you have "Chi" and the other "Sam". Of course my assumption that one is Yin to the others Yang might be wrong.

The two could be one and the same. There might be an unnatural imbalance with no Yang to be seen.

Just some food for thought.
Carry on ...............

( I know we have been instructed "NOT TO DISCUSS LONGWOOD" , but I am slipping this one in :) )
Excuse me. I do not believe the point was not to discuss Longwood but the thoughts were Longwood had nothing to do with the crime.

Excuse me. I do not believe the point was not to discuss Longwood but the thoughts were Longwood had nothing to do with the crime.

That might have been the point. However , that's not the way it was stated and not the way I , or most , took it.

So sayeth " The Dawg ".

Guess where I rode to today? On my way to put Christmas flowers on my mother's and father's grave, I decide to tour Poorhouse Road. Interesting fact, saw lots of cows, dairy farms, chicken farms, & houses spaced far apart until I get to the area where Sam ran in the ditch. Lots of houses there. My belief is this, he was on the wrong road; he was lost. The next road on 460 takes you back to Farmville the back way. Emma and her local girlfriend would know that road because it goes to the high school.

That might have been the point. However , that's not the way it was stated and not the way I , or most , took it.

So sayeth " The Dawg ".
Well, I talked to the young lady via private message. So I did get what Pink was saying.
It offended her highly cause she has the "spirt of longwood" in her heart.

So sayeth the "PEACE"

Well, I talked to the young lady via private message. So I did get what Pink was saying.
It offended her highly cause she has the "spirt of longwood" in her heart.

So sayeth the "PEACE"

What is "The Spirit of Longwood" and why does avoiding stepping on a Chi dropping help to "keep it alive"?

Guess where I rode to today? On my way to put Christmas flowers on my mother's and father's grave, I decide to tour Poorhouse Road. Interesting fact, saw lots of cows, dairy farms, chicken farms, & houses spaced far apart until I get to the area where Sam ran in the ditch. Lots of houses there. My belief is this, he was on the wrong road; he was lost. The next road on 460 takes you back to Farmville the back way. Emma and her local girlfriend would know that road because it goes to the high school.

I'm with you on that. I still don't have any really good explanation of why he was there in the first place. My guess about the place he got stuck is that either he finally found what looked to be a good place to turn around or it seemed that he was running into someplace that was more populated than he wanted. I live about an hour away, but I keep thinking about taking a trip down to Farmville for a little look see.

What is "The Spirit of Longwood" and why does avoiding stepping on a Chi dropping help to "keep it alive"?
I believe all students have the spirit of Longwood. It is their school.
Nothing to do with droppings.
Kinda funny saw a college kid today with his LU tie on and thought of you. Thought to my self "oh my, wonder why he is wearing that wicked tie, does he knows what it means"
If you do not have school pride then I believe you should find another school.

My oldest daughter graduated top of her class. She was honored during graduation. She was picked because she was outstanding according to her professors. I am proud to say she landed a great job after graduation when her friends from other schools were begging to flip burgers.
She took care of a sick parent, worked 3 jobs and walked away from LU not owing a dime. She made her own luck. She was determined and she has a great love for LU.

Something else I would like to share. Everyone wonders why Debra allowed a stranger in her home. I have allowed one than one to live under my roof and have allowed my children to do the same.

Let’s see I have had a student from Serbia, 2 students from Germany, 2 from Russia, 1 from China, 1 from Mexico and 1 from Greece.
I did not lock my bedroom door when I went to sleep.
It never crossed my mind they would hurt me or my family.
My girls have also exchanged homes in other countries.
As the matter of fact my youngest is considering doing an exchange with a college in Greece.
Maybe I am too trusting, maybe Debra was too.

The spirit of Longwood is the pride you have for your school.

As my daughter's said, some ppl are just too old to relate to college kids and their thinking.
I believe I fit this category.

Respect maybe.....Do not step on your school.
Just a saying...................Maybe, kinda like step on a crack and break your mother's back?

There's a very interesting New York Times article on an academic symposium on blackmetal here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/arts/music/15metal.html?th&emc=th
You need to be registered, or at least you used to need that. I am anyway, so I'm not 100% sure of that, but it's free, easy, and allows you access to lots of interesting archival articles.

"But perhaps the day’s most profound lecture came from Mr. Scott, who spoke in priestly cadences about black metal as part of the ritual of confession.

“The black metal event is a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption,” he said. It is, he added, “a cleaning up of the mess of others.” He invoked the old English tradition of sin eating by means of burial cakes, in which a loaf of bread was put on a funeral bier or a corpse, and a paid member of the community would eat the bread, representing sin, to absolve and comfort the deceased.

“Black metal has become the sin eater,” he intoned. “It is engaged in transgressive behavior to be rid of it.”"

Something else I would like to share. Everyone wonders why Debra allowed a stranger in her home. I have allowed one than one to live under my roof and have allowed my children to do the same.

Let’s see I have had a student from Serbia, 2 students from Germany, 2 from Russia, 1 from China, 1 from Mexico and 1 from Greece.
I did not lock my bedroom door when I went to sleep.
It never crossed my mind they would hurt me or my family.
My girls have also exchanged homes in other countries.
As the matter of fact my youngest is considering doing an exchange with a college in Greece.
Maybe I am too trusting, maybe Debra was too.

We've had several exchange students too. But... none of them came completely self-identified with an obsession for horror and gore. They didn't walk in wearing shirts about "serial killin'" One could say that Debra Kelley should have had some idea what she was getting into, and made a choice to ignore the signs. Even embrace them. It is an interesting special circumstance to think about, at the least, don't you think?

There's a very interesting New York Times article on an academic symposium on blackmetal here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/arts/music/15metal.html?th&emc=th
You need to be registered, or at least you used to need that. I am anyway, so I'm not 100% sure of that, but it's free, easy, and allows you access to lots of interesting archival articles.

"But perhaps the day’s most profound lecture came from Mr. Scott, who spoke in priestly cadences about black metal as part of the ritual of confession.

“The black metal event is a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption,” he said. It is, he added, “a cleaning up of the mess of others.” He invoked the old English tradition of sin eating by means of burial cakes, in which a loaf of bread was put on a funeral bier or a corpse, and a paid member of the community would eat the bread, representing sin, to absolve and comfort the deceased.

“Black metal has become the sin eater,” he intoned. “It is engaged in transgressive behavior to be rid of it.”"

I never in amillion years would have ever imagined I'd see "academic symposium" and black metal in the same sentence....

We've had several exchange students too. But... none of them came completely self-identified with an obsession for horror and gore. They didn't walk in wearing shirts about "serial killin'" One could say that Debra Kelley should have had some idea what she was getting into, and made a choice to ignore the signs. Even embrace them. It is an interesting special circumstance to think about, at the least, don't you think?

I don't think so...in both cases it's strangers staying at your house...where do you draw the line?...what kind of shirts are acceptable?....the difference is schools are involved with exchange students,at least they're not strangers you meet online...

I believe all students have the spirit of Longwood. It is their school.
Nothing to do with droppings.
Kinda funny saw a college kid today with his LU tie on and thought of you. Thought to my self "oh my, wonder why he is wearing that wicked tie, does he knows what it means"
If you do not have school pride then I believe you should find another school.

My oldest daughter graduated top of her class. She was honored during graduation. She was picked because she was outstanding according to her professors. I am proud to say she landed a great job after graduation when her friends from other schools were begging to flip burgers.
She took care of a sick parent, worked 3 jobs and walked away from LU not owing a dime. She made her own luck. She was determined and she has a great love for LU.

Sounds like she is on a good track.

And nothing wrong with pride in your school.

But the school is named after a plantation where human beings were kept in slavery and parts of it were built on the unmarked graves of slaves.

And is it pride in their school that leads people to continue hundred year old traditions employing symbols representing lynchings and cross burnings? Come on now.

Personally I think it is either willful ignorance or something worse...

And as far as "step on a crack, break your mother's back"...Read this: http://www.csicop.org/superstition/library/cracks/

I don't think so...in both cases it's strangers staying at your house...where do you draw the line?...what kind of shirts are acceptable?....the difference is schools are involved with exchange students,at least they're not strangers you meet online...

Indeed, that latter difference is crucial. But on the other point, I don't know exactly where you draw the line, but whatever, Sam's presentation was well beyond it. I think it would make me go, Whoa, hold on here, Sven, let's call the exchange program.

Indeed, that latter difference is crucial. But on the other point, I don't know exactly where you draw the line, but whatever, Sam's presentation was well beyond it. I think it would make me go, Whoa, hold on here, Sven, let's call the exchange program.

My daughter is 15.

A. There is no way any adult male I don't know is staying my house no matter how she tells me she knows him.
B. I manage her Internet access and she has no privacy in this area.
C. Didn't anyone look at this guy's MySpace and note the song "I Kill People for Real"?

I actually think that Dr. Kelly herself had become somewhat numbed to violent content in movies and horrorcore music to the point that she didn't even think about this.

I don't even remember if this link has been posted, but it gives insight as to when a couple of the bodie's condition when found. " There's some indication that there might be more to the story than just horror-enthralled rapper gone mad. Reports say that two of the bodies were in advanced stages of decomposition. Did McCroskey have a partner at first, one whom he may have violently turned on? Did he separate his victims and let some live longer? It appears the murders occurred sometime between Tuesday night and Thursday morning; Mark Niederbrock was last seen Wednesday evening, and by Thursday McCroskey was answering the front door by himself." quoted from the link...http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=105

My daughter is 15.

A. There is no way any adult male I don't know is staying my house no matter how she tells me she knows him.
B. I manage her Internet access and she has no privacy in this area.
C. Didn't anyone look at this guy's MySpace and note the song "I Kill People for Real"?

I actually think that Dr. Kelly herself had become somewhat numbed to violent content in movies and horrorcore music to the point that she didn't even think about this.

This makes me think more about Emma. I wonder if she held an unusual position of control in the family dynamic.

I know this little girl, Ivy. She's about 13 now. When she was 10 and hanging out with my foster daughter, I used to hear stories about her from the other little girls--about how, at sleepovers, she would force them to sleep in scanty clothing, in front of the air conditioner in summer, or open window in winter, so that they were freezing and couldn't sleep all night. And on and on. Somewhat comical stories, since Ivy was just 10. (Wonder what she's up to these days....)

A personality like that can cow a lot of people who are of normal dominance themselves but are more submissive than this über-dominator.

I wonder if Emma might have been exercising that aspect of her personality on Sam, never dreaming that he had such potential for rage rising out of his submissiveness.

Purely speculation on my part, imo, imho, jmo, etc. (as GXM says).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2