VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoctorZ, let us know how your snow removal efforts are going. I feel for you, I do. :Banane49::cold::coffeeup::idea::couch::book::smile:

It's going I guess. The problem is becoming where to put the snow. I'm glad someone else is aware of the craziness that occurs when it snows in Northern Virginia. I don't know why but people act like it's the end of the world every time we get any snow at all.

I don't think I'll be able to make it to work in the morning, so I can have extra fun watching the Super Bowl tonight.

DoctorZ, You can start building the igloo. Did your team win?

Yeah, things have kind of spread together there. I lived in Monterey for 6 years. Gosh, what an ugly place. I sure am glad I moved to Maine. :rolleyes:

Taking a closer look, I see that Castro Valley is east of San Fran and would not be considered adjacent to Monterey.
It is in Alameda County.

Whereas Castroville falls within Monterey County.
I seem to recall that Salinas was about a 30 minute drive inland from Monterey.
Castro Valley would be a couple of hours north, correct?

In other words, Carmel and Castro Valley (or Castroville for that matter) are worlds apart in terms of cultural and economic conditions.
That said, I wouldn't predict the outcome of a child's development based on those two factors alone.
I'm understanding the picture that Dangrs is painting though.

Now I have a computer virus! Thanks Pax!
J/K!!!
I will say though that you can't go to any website without worrying about a stupid virus!!!!:bananalama:????
:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I so agree with your post claudicici. I've always had heart for the underdog - the fat kid, the random 'different' one, the racial standout, the one with epilepsy or some other status a person has no control over. When I was a child, I could never understand how/why some kids were consistently so mean toward kids who were different in ways of no fault of their own. Today, I'm looking closer at the mean kids - what's going on inside of them, what's 'wrong' with them?

Also imo Public schools didn't/don't handle people with different learning styles with any imagination at all imo. They're the smart ones?
A good book, 'A Mind At A Time' by Mel Levine, M.D.

One thing I heard a horrorcore person say, is that they consist of peeps who were always the one being picked on, the one who never felt they fit in. But I still don't understand why they would choose to build their 'empire' based on evil messages/doings. Did they buy into it themselves? Did they accept they are 'bad'. Is it an I'll show you mentality? Is is anger manifesting itself outwardly forever. Why be stuck at some destructive level when one's talents could be put to good use to help other kids who now are going through what you once went through. Unless, of course, you choose to choose evil, that is, you believe you belong to satan. Why? What is helpful/good about that? They are basically doing what one says was done to them in the first place. Their behavior is not an answer to anything in an earthly sense. Notice me for how 'bad' I am - I'll remain angry and show it through everything I do.
...I forgot to address this,woe....I can only tell you how I feel personally,it's kind of like Halloween ,by "dressing up" as one of them you protect yourself from harm....or the evil eye,by wearing it ,you protect yourself...black eyeliner,same thing...the more "evil" things I have around me the safer I feel....the more I understand something the less scary it becomes...

Thank you your kind response. This morning when I remembered I had posted this, I felt embarrassed that I had gotten all personal.:blushing: Then I remembered that I didn't include the tidbit about the suspected terrorist and his family who lived three doors down from us. I'm not making any of this up. I got to know that family due to the fact that they had similar aged children, but as hard as they tried to keep their children away when we moved in, it became impossible for them to do so. They developed 'a front'. It's a long story but it was my first serious 'hinky' experience, one I did not wish for.

Thinking about my years in VA did bring it all back though. Despite everything, I had lots of experiences, contributed more to my community and felt more among the living than I do now. Weird, I even managed to fit in quite a bit of sightseeing. Even visited Reston a bunch of times - suburban sprawl with a nice mall. I met 'Tuesday Morning' there. :crazy:

thank you for sharing ,woe,don't feel embarrassed about getting personal but I know how you feel,whenever that happens to me I feel the same way....what type of cancer are you fighting?...my parents are both cancer survivors,my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer 5 years ago,they pretty much told us he only had like a 20% chance of surviving and less than a 5% chance for it not to come back within 5 years,well, he doesn't have a stomach anymore but he's been cancer free for 5 years,he's 75 years old,back playing Tennis and singing opera...

hit and run randomness here.

skull+and+bones+ii.bmp

http://hollisterhovey.blogspot.com/2010/01/auctions-skull-and-bones-ballot-box-and.html

glessnerlee.jpg

"Fans of CSI will be familiar with the “miniature killer” story arc, in which Grissom & company are taunted by a serial killer (with, apparently, a LOT of free time) who builds dollhouse-like crime scenes.
CSI’s writers might have gotten the idea from Frances Glessner Lee, a socialite and forensic science amateur who built similar mini-murder rooms. Called the “Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death,” these nineteen dioramas were used as teaching tools at the Harvard Department of Legal Medicine and now reside at Baltimore in the Maryland Medical Examiner’s Office."
http://bioephemera.com/2007/10/20/truth-and-death-in-a-nutshell/

ii_a_216m.jpg

"On September 21, 1986, the decomposing body of a 26-year-old woman was found inside a foul-smelling carpet near I-95 in Greenwich, Connecticut. Blow fly larvae were feeding on, and moving in and around, the body. Pale and dark brown blow fly puparia were recovered, along with 4,000 larvae, for laboratory study."
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/visibleproofs/galleries/cases/insect.html

The last link is from an online exhibit called Visible Proofs: Forensic Views of the Body that documents an actual exhibit that was shown at the U.S. National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, MD a few years ago. Depending on your comfort level with that sort of thing, there may be some shockers there, so use your individual discretion.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/visibleproofs/index.html

"Bones make great witnesses, they speak softly but they never forget and they never lie…."
—Clyde Snow, American forensic anthropologist
Lovely bones....

Blou, that Skull and Bones ballot box is pretty interesting...I am now curious about the story behind it being auctioned.

Taking a closer look, I see that Castro Valley is east of San Fran and would not be considered adjacent to Monterey.
It is in Alameda County.

Whereas Castroville falls within Monterey County.
I seem to recall that Salinas was about a 30 minute drive inland from Monterey.
Castro Valley would be a couple of hours north, correct?

In other words, Carmel and Castro Valley (or Castroville for that matter) are worlds apart in terms of cultural and economic conditions.
That said, I wouldn't predict the outcome of a child's development based on those two factors alone.
I'm understanding the picture that Dangrs is painting though.

This is correct.

I'm not saying the location is THE determining factor, but I find it interesting that both towns have this sort of secret past that no one wants to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500