VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone who is doing so much and generating so many great ideas.

I worked on the poster and started in on the collage app like CB suggested. I can't stay awake anylonger, but, I will DEFINITELY finish these 2 tasks tomorrow.

I did email David from Huffington Post, the author of the terrific article on our Grateful Doe. Hopefully we get his attention, and he sees what we all see.

GREYMETAL - Can you please confirm you have reached out to either the ME or LE or NCMEC regarding your tips. I always assumed that you did, but, now I am wondering. Maybe I missed it. Please let us know that the authorities are aware of Jason/Jay. If you haven't done this, I would be happy to do so.

Tricia, the co-owner of Websleuths has contacted me, and she would like to help, she posted on the Facts Thread. Please be sure to read her post there. She is highly experienced and has great sources in media and different agencies I am sure, so, any suggestions can be made to her directly as she requested.

Night all

A friend of mine and I have been following this case for years. I have shared all this current info on my Facebook page. I was at that particular dead show back in 1995, so this kid has a place in my heart. Thanks for everything you all are doing.

I am using hashtags #GratefulDoe #DoYouKnowMe #SouthCarolina and linking to the GratefulDoe FB page and/or here.

I'm blown away!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was looking at GD's profile on Namus, and the ME had his height at 68 in which is 5'6". Has anyone checked the others in the pics for heights to compare to see if it is comparable?

I'm sorry, can anyone tell me who Jason is? Not meaning the Grateful Dead person.

it was a lot easier in the 1990s to get fake ID, including a fake SS#. I knew people who did so.
All of the info is here Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

It is heart breaking </3

That's what I thought too GDFamily :)
So if he worked at McDonald's he needed a SSN
If he was missing from Canada at a young age he wouldn't seem Canadian as a teen/young adult but he still wouldn't have a SSN
Assuming Jay is GDoe he's definitely not Canadian
But if he's not our doe, the Canadian route could be likely.
I believe your Jay is our doe. I live in Minneapolis and have close friends in St Louis, MO. I'm sooo tempted to take a trip to Champaign and immerse myself in this completely.

These folks are all way to nicely dressed to be part of the rainbow family... IMO

Sure you guys have already done this, but Classmates.com for Myrtle Beach?

I think this has been done, someone earlier mentioned they ordered a Yearbook from a specific school to look through.

And they posted a profile or a listing for him? Or tried to contact some classmates from the period they think he attended?

Maybe a young journalist from a college in MB would be interested in pursuing this case? You could contact a professor and put it out there.

Hi walker. I think the well dressed photo is said to be at a church event when Jason was living in Champaign IL briefly crashing with some college students. I get the impression from descriptions by those who knew that Jason that he was normally dressed much more casually.

Okay, so I'm in the process of making a post about this on tumblr. What should I include? Also, I'm allowed to post the pictures of "Jay", right?

I was thinking about giving a brief explanation of the case, then write about "Jay" and why we think he's an interesting lead. I'm also going to link to either this thread or the reddit (or both?) so people can read up on it and, if interested, get the full details about the case and "Jay". Then I'll leave links to who they can contact in case they know anything; what should those links be? The e-mail that was set up for sure (what is it, btw?), greymetal's handles here on WS and on reddit... What else?

Okay, so I'm in the process of making a post about this on tumblr. What should I include? Also, I'm allowed to post the pictures of "Jay", right?

I was thinking about giving a brief explanation of the case, then write about "Jay" and why we think he's an interesting lead. I'm also going to link to either this thread or the reddit (or both?) so people can read up on it and, if interested, get the full details about the case and "Jay". Then I'll leave links to who they can contact in case they know anything; what should those links be? The e-mail that was set up for sure (what is it, btw?), greymetal's handles here on WS and on reddit... What else?

I think that's a great start! I'm not sure about the email... I really have no idea. I also am unfamiliar with how tumblr works. Thank you so much for posting!!

I was looking at GD's profile on Namus, and the ME had his height at 68 in which is 5'6". Has anyone checked the others in the pics for heights to compare to see if it is comparable?

I have received confirmation that the other person in the photo was 6'3". I guess that would put "Jason" about the correct height as GD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose