VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere among these threads the Rainbow Family was brought up. I don't know how well it was researched though. I know that I didn't dig into researching it at all, but, that's what I am about to do right now, thanks to you!

OMG

Guys

I knew I recognized that tatoo before.

It is the SYMBOL OF THE RAINBOW FAMILY. MANY MEMBERS OF THE GROUP HAVE SIMILAR CRUDE TATS. They are mostly done by other members as a rite of passage.

Please check out the background symbol here

http://www.starsrainbowrideboard.org/welcomehome_mirror/rainbow/

"I'm really not sure what to add about the fact that Jason was wearing a tour shirt and that deadheads look down upon that sort of thing. I haven't ran across any mention of that in the research I have done so far. "

I commented about this in another thread. Based on my personal knowlege of GD and GD fans, I did not think it likely that someone who had bought a tour tshirt would be a groupie, or anyone who was travelling town to town to follow their tour. Based on the deadheads I knew, and my experiences at shows, hardcore travelling fans would not have bought or been wearing a tour tshirt. More likely, the UID would have seen as many shows as they could within their state, or within a few hours travel. They would save their stubs and would buy the commercially produced GD promotional items, such as tour tshirts, but they would not be diehard travelling deadheads.

I'm not sure I get the Rainbow thing.... it just seems the UID would be too young to be going to those types of 'reunions'- unless their parents had been a part of it, which then would beg why UID wasn't in touch with those parents since they appear to share a lot in common.

Crude star tats are pretty common. My boyfriend in high school gave himself one, and he most certainly did not like the GD or belong to the Rainbow group.

I do agree it's likely that the UID may have been estranged from their family, because in my experience, I knew a lot of people who were estranged from their families who went to GD concerts, even though they never toured or travelled with them. Of course, they also went to tons of other band's concerts as well. It just seems like a lot of people I knew who attended GD concerts had not been in touch with their families for years. The GD attracted that for some reason.

It is my belief that all roads need to be checked into as to who Jason Doe is.

Was he a member of the 12 tribes? Why not follow that avenue through until that lead runs dry and it's proven not to be or proven to be?

Was he a member of the Rainbow Family? Same thing...follow it until we reach a dead end.

Avid Grateful Dead Fan vs someone who just "hopped on tour" & "new to the scene".

We need put every little piece of evidence under a microscope and evaluate it.

I agree. And part of that is people posting their experiences with those things and those groups, especially when there are no facts available.

Not meant to discourage looking into those possiblities- just meant as guidance.

Here is my theory. I do not have as much information as you all do. I am somewhat new to this case. However, I do have a pretty wide knowledge both personally and professionally in cases such as these.

My thoughts are that JD and this mystery are a confluence of events that all heave led to 15 years later still not knowing whom it may be.

I believe that sometime prior to the summer of 95 JD became in contact with a group such as the Raninbow Family. I am under the impression that the crude tattoo on his arm is th Rainbow Family symbol (As referenced in the link above).

When the tour started Jason "got on the bus". Literally and figuretively. Based on his lack of money, id, and clothing, he must have had some means of being taken care of. Another interesting fact is that he was wearing jeans. The RFK shows were incredibly hot. To wear just jeans that whole time would be incredily uncomfortable! I believe he was part of a traveling group such as the Rainbow Family. Something went south. I believe that the Carolines in the note hold the key to his belongings.

Usually when one would join a group like this they would call their families and basically check out of society. The rainbow family and 12 tribes type groups are cults. There is no way around it. The 12 Tribes actually were investigated a few years back for child endangerment. They had kids under 18 with them who ran away. Enough parents got upset and it raised red flags with law enforcement. This "checking out" coupled with the route he was taking to where he was going suggests to me that possibly he was from a rural part of the south. There is a chance that where he was from they would not have access to as much information or television etc.

The fact that no one was looking for him may suggest he was "Away" for a bit of time. People basically gave up on him.

Now the question arises, if he was part of the Rainbow Family, how come no one came forward? The RF may have been worried based on the age released 16-22?. They possibly did not want to associate themselves with having a minor as part of their group. There is also a chance that something went bad in this group. When you have a group of people usually on drugs, who travel the country, there is a dark underbelly.

It was mentiond that he bought "20" tickets from a man? Does anyone have more information on this? If he was hoping to scalp tickets and bought that many tickets it would suggest that he was familar with the scene?

The condition of the note suggests to me that it was relatively new? It is possible that whereever he was before he started hitch hiking was where the note was written. It is possibe that after this note was written, with out belongings, id, money, etc he was forced to head home? This is made stronger by the fact that he had a lighter. If he had a lighter where were his cigarettes? If he could afford tickets where was his wallet? If it was 90+ degrees where were his shorts?

Something happened to Jason that made him leave his path. Something happened that made him "hop off tour". It would be one thing if he perished on his way to another show. Based on him having nothing on him suggests, again, something went wrong and he had to head home. If this was a planned return trip I feel he would have had his belongings. It is also plausible that somehow he was taken advantage of. Sometimes newer people to these groups are like the foot soliders. They have to do things on tour to make money ie. sell things (tickets), vend food etc. I once spoke with a member of the RF family who was "forced" to sell drugs and give the money back to the group. He was arrested and his family had no idea he was in jail. They only found out where he was when he tried to access his bank account in hopes of paying an attorney. I have also spoken with people in this group who have had their identities taken ie. ids burned, social secruity card ripped up, etc. This makes them almost endentured to the group.

In looking at the note from the Caroline's, I believe it was written by Caroline T and that the phone number is her's as well. There is an arrow from the phone number to her name, indicating to me that's her number. This may have been said before; it's been a while since I've read about Jason D.

It's hard for me to believe that he had nothing...he had a new shirt and Levi jeans. While they may not be the most expensive jeans, they certainly weren't the cheapest back in the 90's.

GDFamily said:

It was mentiond that he bought "20" tickets from a man? Does anyone have more information on this? If he was hoping to scalp tickets and bought that many tickets it would suggest that he was familiar with the scene?
What actually happened was a man in Pennsylvania purchased 20 tickets for the shows that Jason Doe attended. The man (scalper) does not recall anyone he sold the tickets to. The 2 stubs found in Jason's pockets did come from the lot of tickets this man scalped at these shows.

Right. He did not buy 20 tickets, he bought 2. And, he likely had a lighter but no cigarettes because the lighter was for smoking pot. Every one of my exes' friends carried a lighter, and none of them smoked cigarettes. I recall several times them being quite happy about finding a joint or the remains of one on the ground. Luckily, they had a lighter on them.

Is there anything in the autopsy that says if he was tested for drugs? Any info on what else was found in the vehicle? And, did the driver have any money on him? It's possible UID gave the last of his money to the driver for gas, etc.

He was tested for drugs and alcohol and didn't have either of them in his system.

ETA: It is unknown what the driver of the van had on him.

Right. He did not buy 20 tickets, he bought 2. And, he likely had a lighter but no cigarettes because the lighter was for smoking pot. Every one of my exes' friends carried a lighter, and none of them smoked cigarettes. I recall several times them being quite happy about finding a joint or the remains of one on the ground. Luckily, they had a lighter on them.

Is there anything in the autopsy that says if he was tested for drugs? Any info on what else was found in the vehicle? And, did the driver have any money on him? It's possible UID gave the last of his money to the driver for gas, etc.

I have seen things like this before , this story in particular with the picture has been circulating well before 1995 , with minor changes but the base remains the same , Caroline t and o are from the wharf rats which is a recovery oriented org that has aa/na style meetings at dead shows, Caroline has given her number to most likely thousands of people. Stories like this on grateful dead tour are often ginned up by law enforcement looking for someone or as a trap in general for those with unpaid court costs or fines or bench warrants for one thing or another. This particular story is heavily doubted by the community. I have seen things about the twelve tribes posted on some other threads and I can tell you with out a doubt this guy was not TT if there was ever a this guy. Members of the twelve tribes do not go into the concert at all it is severely against their religion to do so. Addressing the rainbow family, first this is not a cult as has been said , the rainbow family is simply people who camp for a month at a time in the woods. To brand them a cult would be impossible as there are so many varying opinions on everything from god to ways to build an outdoor bathroom. If this is real, I would look at the possibility of this being a shunned amish person that did not go home at the end of his year away from his home church group , therefore no one would be looking for him. While on tour I have met several people on their year away from home and out in the world. The setup of dead tour is easier for some of these folks to survive in . I highly doubt the validity of this story though and maybe that is just being too jaded from too many years on tour and in a way I hope you did not waste any of your time on a paper tiger.

Wow , you seem uneducated about both the rainbow family and the twelve tribes , the stories you were told I am sure are creative "it wasn't my fault" stories.
#1, the only monies the rainbow family has is that which is donated freely. I have been going to gatherings since I was a child and no one has ever forced anyone to do anything lol, it would be impossible , far too many opinions flying around and it truly is worse than herding cats. I have been in a position to organize small events at gatherings and in order to get anything done it is usually the person who decided to take on the responsibility instead of the committee because they argue about it until the event is finished.
The twelve tribes surely do not use new members for recruitment. New members cannot be trusted enough and have not been trained well enough, and the raid you speak of on Island Pond and at the basin farm was regarding their own children and child labor laws and discipline practices (spanking with balloon sticks). Not runaways as stated. No ID does not surprise me for someone on tour. this is general practice among many.

Hi my name is Rob. I was very involved in the Grateful Dead culture. I recently just came across this forum quite by chance. I am also a clinical psychologist. In my work especially in graduate school I spent a great deal of time with the Dead's culture. Exploring how and why people seemingly disappear or drop out of society. Quite literally there are countless people whom are like Jason went on tour and vanished. Most living, some not.

I am have been eerily fascinated by this case. And have spent most of the day reading up on it.

That picture while very promising is not Jason. The gentlemen in that picture is not wearing two necklaces. It is highly doubtful especially on dead tour to just find necklaces nd put them on. This picture was just taken days before Jason perished. I find it hard to believe this man would have purchased two necklaces AFTER the show and then hitchhiked to Virgina

I can also maybe offer some other insights...

I would focus on sending out the seat location of Jason. As deadheads we always keep our stubs and remember where we sat. Generally during set break we would talk to our neighbor etc. This may bea lead. My guess is since he had 2 stubs one would have been one of the Carolines.

If this young man was "on tour" he would have met people.

I would suggest perusing these avenues.

In the mid 90's on Dead tour there was a group called the 12 Tribes. They are a transient cult that basically would show up at Dead shows in a large bus and recruit kids. Mostly kids who were on tour to escape problems at home. The Dead were a great band but the transient nature of their tours allowed people to follow them if for no other reason to get away. There is a chance Jason may have been a member of this group. When you joined a group like this you basically called your loved ones (some did some did not) and told them to forget about you. This may be a reason why no one was looking for him?

The fact that Jason had no money, no bags, etc would lead me to believe that he was part of this group of people who followed the band around with no real plan. It seems that he was not with a group of friends. This is obvious by the fact no one seemed to know he was gone. Another interesting fact. Is that amongst Deadheads wearing a shirt of that tour to shows was somewhat looked down upon. I know its strange but the dead lot had their own culture and social more's. The fact that Jason was wearing a shirt from 1995 and that tour to me suggests again, that he just "hopped on tour".

The note that Jason had to me is very strange. It had been mentioned that it may have been from a hotel room? If two girls left a note on a hotel room door it would stand to reason that Jason was the one who booked the hotel room and in turn was paying for it. Based on his lack of material goods and money I do not think it was a hotel room. I don’t think it could have been left on a car. If memory serves me correctly after the RFK show it had rained pretty heavily. A note left on a car would have been ruined. There is a chance as I see it that Jason may be a "friend" or a traveling partner as opposed to John Does' real name. It was not unusual for large groups of people to stay in hotel rooms or places of lodging all together on tour in a flop house type of arrangement.

One last thing. Are we sure that Jason was picked up hitch hiking? Most times after shows it was no uncommon for people to bum a ride from someone who was at the show. The driver of the van may have been with Jason at the show. They may have met at the show and then Jason was given a ride. It seems like a strange set of events that a dead head was hitch hiking on the side of the road and just happened to get picked up by another dead head in a VW Bus none the less.

Based on my several hours of reading and having done a lot of research on situations such as these. I feel that John Doe somehow informed his parents that he was running away or dropped out of society. The fact that someone that young has no friends looking for him, no parents looking for him, no relatives looking for him is shocking. He also at some point had enough $$$ to buy a $35 brand new tour shirt. Yet, he was found with nothing? Strange. Those shirts were sold during the summer on 95 on tour. So to start his journey he must have had at least some disposable income.

In my professional estimation. Those who know of John Doe and love him. Have no idea he has perished. If he was say 20 years old. Even if his parents had died, until the age of 18 he would have had a legal custodian. If JD was older the theory of dead parents not knowing his had perished might hold more weight. What is likely is that JD joined some group like the 12 Tribes and was forced to basically renounce his parents and old life. I believe something went wrong as many times it did on tour. He was left with nothing and trying to make it home when he died.
the twelve tribes are not a transient cult, yes they are a cult but no they are NOT transient, they have 3 chains of restaurants and several farms to provide for those outlets , they also remodel homes and are involved in refurbishing homes in upstate NY , they are involved in real estate dealings and their base of operations is in Vermont , at Island Pond and Basin Farm in Radcliffe , they have several permanent locations across the world including Australia and several places throughout Europe. They also own a retail clothing chain and they have soap and furniture factories. I agree with you that there is plenty of bad stuff to say about the TT but you can say plenty that is not pretty about them without being inaccurate. My knowledge base on the TT is quite large and if you have questions just ask me I will be glad to answer and expose any negative that does exist. I will say that the raids you referred to in another post were fairly unsuccessful for the state. All of the children that were put into state custody were returned to their parents and the TT and only two from that group of kids have left the group to live outside of it. They are also raising their own children in the TT. The TT do have a big brown bus that follows the dead tour to recruit members . This does not make them a transient group. Please be accurate in your descriptions of these groups. As an ex member of the TT who made the mistake when I was young and sometimes not so bright I am most likely qualified to answer your questions about what it is that they do. As a person raised around the Rainbow family I have never known there to be an official symbol of the family. The only rule is your a member if you have a belly button . (and even people without one) . The rainbow family is so unorganized that I am not sure that they would be prepared to force anyone to do anything. After 40 years of being in and around rainbow I can answer your questions both positive and negative about them too.
The rainbow family does not engage in recruitment at all.

Let me try and understand this, are you saying that you do not believe the story of Jason Doe/Grateful Dead Fan? You do not believe he is an actual person who was killed in a car accident and that we are all here just spinning our wheels trying to identify a body that actually does not exist or am I reading your post wrong? Thank you.

I have seen things like this before , this story in particular with the picture has been circulating well before 1995 , with minor changes but the base remains the same , Caroline t and o are from the wharf rats which is a recovery oriented org that has aa/na style meetings at dead shows, Caroline has given her number to most likely thousands of people. Stories like this on grateful dead tour are often ginned up by law enforcement looking for someone or as a trap in general for those with unpaid court costs or fines or bench warrants for one thing or another. This particular story is heavily doubted by the community. I have seen things about the twelve tribes posted on some other threads and I can tell you with out a doubt this guy was not TT if there was ever a this guy. Members of the twelve tribes do not go into the concert at all it is severely against their religion to do so. Addressing the rainbow family, first this is not a cult as has been said , the rainbow family is simply people who camp for a month at a time in the woods. To brand them a cult would be impossible as there are so many varying opinions on everything from god to ways to build an outdoor bathroom. If this is real, I would look at the possibility of this being a shunned amish person that did not go home at the end of his year away from his home church group , therefore no one would be looking for him. While on tour I have met several people on their year away from home and out in the world. The setup of dead tour is easier for some of these folks to survive in . I highly doubt the validity of this story though and maybe that is just being too jaded from too many years on tour and in a way I hope you did not waste any of your time on a paper tiger.

Not to get too far off topic MamaCassidy. But I am actually working on a paper now with three students. We are following the band Phish around for a few nights.

The TT have been at every show, in their bus, handing out flyers and what not. I have spoken with three members of the group. Two whom have claimed to run away, ran out of drugs, and hopped on the bus. A graduate student also interviewed a member, a young adult, who was handing out literature. When asked about the basic tenants of the literature he was passing out, could not. He later admitted to passing out information in hopes of obtaining a free ride to the next concert. Turns out he was a 22 year old run away from Paramus, NJ.

I would also be happy to provide documented, academic papers on the RF and TT that strongly refute most of your claims.

To pontificate that you think this story is somehow false quite frankly is as naive and unrealistic as the basic tenants of your groups. Mama, I actually was involved with law enforcement on many of those raids. There are actually several child endangerment cases and other type charges in various states of the legal system across the nation.

I look forward to the Phish show tomorrow so I may take pictures...

http://www.twelvetribes.com/controversies/island-pond-raid-video.html
http://www.nasw.org/users/nbazilchuk/Articles/islandpond.htm
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Yellow_deli
http://www.thekingdomhistorical.com...0-the-raid-on-island-pond-25-years-later.html
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=10734093
Yoneq must have passed away if new people are recruiting. To recruit you would HAVE to know the theology to convince others that their theology was wrong. It also makes it allot easier to join when the person recruiting you has been there for 20 years.
I know how the twelve tribes works down to just exactly how much toilet paper is allowed per person and new people are immediately sent to a permanent installation off of the tour. I know because that happened to me. You can scream about them spanking with balloon sticks all day long and I would be your biggest cheerleader, that is part of the reason why I left. Complain about brainwashing till the day is long , because they do that, about open rebukes and arranged marriages and "apprentice programs" for kids under 13 , please complain away. There is enough bad about the TT to fill volumes so please stick to the facts. You do not have to gin up garbage that simply is not true . Got Spelt? I still cannot bring myself to eat that stuff and yeah the turkey and cheese melt at the common ground is AMAZING
Rainbow Family has no theology other than a group oham at main circle, there would be no means of recruitment due to the way things are set up. There is no prophet and nothing to teach other than the principles of barter and leave nothing behind but footprints(trivia question, which member of the grateful dead put out those bumper stickers?) The only thing the family offers is 3 meals a day and cigarettes from the nice folks at nick at night and free coffee from cowboy. They have committees that are argument fests and a kids play area. Shantasina lets everyone know when 6^ is comin down the trail and A camp which is not even part of the actual rainbow family where alcohol is consumed because alcohol is not allowed into the gathering.I was raised this way GDF, I know it inside and out, even the trolls from A camp that station themselves along main trail in order to try to get people to give away camping equipment or money. I now stay at places like the westin when I go to shows sir and I no longer attend gatherings because my daughter has her own interests that do not reflect mine and at 40 I am simply tired of buying floor space for 5 bucks from someone and sleeping on the floor. I do know one thing though GDF tour has not changed for the young. Be it phish and I have seen them a couple of hundred times too , or the dead or panic or any of the other jam bands out there , the day remains the same , vendor setup is at 7:30 am people come to the show from 9 am on and all the craziness and all of the fun and all of the not so fun goes on all day long. If you get injured you go see the TT to get patched up, if you run out of money you ask a t shirt salesman fort a job and leave your belongings as collateral and hope the cops are not in a bad mood that day.
and yes I thought my view on this was quite clear , as for mr doe , that is widely believed in the community to be a complete ruse and this story has been circulating around the parking lots before 1995

I don't see anything to suggest a tie to Twelve Tribes other than undoubtedly he had the opportunity to see TT outside the shows. He wasn't carrying any literature from them. I would suspect that if he were there with the TT or intended to join up with them, he would have left on the bus rather than be left to hitchhike back to the group. That being said, TT maintains a group in Asheville, NC. I guess there would be no harm in calling them in hopes that they have some information. From looking at a picture of the Asheville group, it appears that a large percentage of their current residents would have been children or not even born in 1995.

Just how is this helping to solve Jason Doe's case? That is what this forum is for, thank you.

It's all good and fine if some think his story is a ruse, but, we here at Websleuths have grown to love this person known to us as Jason Doe AKA Grateful Dead Fan and we intend to keep on looking for his identity even though there are some who believe we are wasting time on a paper tiger.

http://www.twelvetribes.com/controversies/island-pond-raid-video.html
http://www.nasw.org/users/nbazilchuk/Articles/islandpond.htm
http://wapedia.mobi/en/Yellow_deli
http://www.thekingdomhistorical.com...0-the-raid-on-island-pond-25-years-later.html
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=10734093
Yoneq must have passed away if new people are recruiting. To recruit you would HAVE to know the theology to convince others that their theology was wrong. It also makes it allot easier to join when the person recruiting you has been there for 20 years.
I know how the twelve tribes works down to just exactly how much toilet paper is allowed per person and new people are immediately sent to a permanent installation off of the tour. I know because that happened to me. You can scream about them spanking with balloon sticks all day long and I would be your biggest cheerleader, that is part of the reason why I left. Complain about brainwashing till the day is long , because they do that, about open rebukes and arranged marriages and "apprentice programs" for kids under 13 , please complain away. There is enough bad about the TT to fill volumes so please stick to the facts. You do not have to gin up garbage that simply is not true . Got Spelt? I still cannot bring myself to eat that stuff and yeah the turkey and cheese melt at the common ground is AMAZING
Rainbow Family has no theology other than a group oham at main circle, there would be no means of recruitment due to the way things are set up. There is no prophet and nothing to teach other than the principles of barter and leave nothing behind but footprints(trivia question, which member of the grateful dead put out those bumper stickers?) The only thing the family offers is 3 meals a day and cigarettes from the nice folks at nick at night and free coffee from cowboy. They have committees that are argument fests and a kids play area. Shantasina lets everyone know when 6^ is comin down the trail and A camp which is not even part of the actual rainbow family where alcohol is consumed because alcohol is not allowed into the gathering.I was raised this way GDF, I know it inside and out, even the trolls from A camp that station themselves along main trail in order to try to get people to give away camping equipment or money. I now stay at places like the westin when I go to shows sir and I no longer attend gatherings because my daughter has her own interests that do not reflect mine and at 40 I am simply tired of buying floor space for 5 bucks from someone and sleeping on the floor. I do know one thing though GDF tour has not changed for the young. Be it phish and I have seen them a couple of hundred times too , or the dead or panic or any of the other jam bands out there , the day remains the same , vendor setup is at 7:30 am people come to the show from 9 am on and all the craziness and all of the fun and all of the not so fun goes on all day long. If you get injured you go see the TT to get patched up, if you run out of money you ask a t shirt salesman fort a job and leave your belongings as collateral and hope the cops are not in a bad mood that day.
and yes I thought my view on this was quite clear , as for mr doe , that is widely believed in the community to be a complete ruse and this story has been circulating around the parking lots before 1995

Twelve Tribes has been the "usual suspect" whenever a young fan, particularly a Deadhead, comes up missing. Two more recent examples were William "Mike" Hogan, who went missing from Rutland, VT (where TT does have members). His body was later found close to where he was last seen. During the years he was missing, there was speculation that he was all over the country with the TT, which obviously was not the case. TT also came up when Patrick Welsh went missing in NYC a few years ago while Ratdog was playing in town. (Ratdog is the band led by Grateful Dead guitarist, Bob Weir). His body was eventually found in the Hudson River. Again, no connection in fact to Twelve Tribes. Of course, that doesn't mean that others haven't joined the TT after attending a Dead concert.
As far as questionable unidentified dead people attempted to be linked to the Grateful Dead, there is the fellow on the Doe Network with the Virgo tattoo who was allegedly struck by a car outside a Grateful Dead concert in Atlanta on July 20, 1995 and died almost a year later. The Grateful Dead's last concert ever was on July 9 in Chicago. There was no GD show in Atlanta on July 20.
Regarding the Rainbow issue, I'd be interested in seeing whatever documentation there is linking the star tattoo to Rainbow. I went to one Rainbow Gathering and while plenty of people had tattoos, I don't recall seeing the star tattoos. I guess you could check with Shanta Seena and see if they know anything about "Jason", but it's my impression that the Rainbow "organization" is rather loose and that it's unlikely there is anything close to a membership roster or whatever to try to track down some young kid from 15 years ago that may have hung around a couple gatherings. Also, it's my impression that folks involved with Rainbow typically use nicknames and tend not to talk much about their connections to conventional society.

Not to get too far off topic MamaCassidy. But I am actually working on a paper now with three students. We are following the band Phish around for a few nights.

The TT have been at every show, in their bus, handing out flyers and what not. I have spoken with three members of the group. Two whom have claimed to run away, ran out of drugs, and hopped on the bus. A graduate student also interviewed a member, a young adult, who was handing out literature. When asked about the basic tenants of the literature he was passing out, could not. He later admitted to passing out information in hopes of obtaining a free ride to the next concert. Turns out he was a 22 year old run away from Paramus, NJ.

I would also be happy to provide documented, academic papers on the RF and TT that strongly refute most of your claims.

To pontificate that you think this story is somehow false quite frankly is as naive and unrealistic as the basic tenants of your groups. Mama, I actually was involved with law enforcement on many of those raids. There are actually several child endangerment cases and other type charges in various states of the legal system across the nation.

I look forward to the Phish show tomorrow so I may take pictures...

Academic papers mean little to me because they are usually as inaccurate as the students that write them. The only way anyone could ever be accurate about the TT is if you were a member. The TT will lie to you constantly as to what they are about face to face. They do not wish for you to know the truth about their flawed philosophy and during the training to recruit they are taught how to lie to academics that are interviewing them. This is something they deal with often and have procedure for. The only thing they have ever been honest about in public is those raids at Island Pond because they WON against the state. Three of my best friends are kids that were removed in those raids and are still part of the community. I respect their choice and I do not agree with their tenants , the rainbow family has no tenants of faith . The members of the TT are strictly prohibited from going inside the show, they say the music destroys the soul and the people going inside to hear the music need a spiritually therapeutic lifestyle to recover from the addiction to satan that the music causes. They also say that Yoneq is a super prophet and that he is the only one who knows how to get to heaven. And I must tell you that during the winter in Vermont at that bath house on the basin farm , that the cold shot that you MUST do according to Yoneq at the end of your shower when you have to walk back to the house through the snow is NO FUN.
Eugene Spriggs is a commercial genius. That I will give him he knows how to legally get away with slave labor and have people give him that labor gladly because making him millions is to them being saved, as we all know the food and retail industry has a high turnover rate and thats why recruitment is so important to keep everything staffed. The actual translation for the word Yoneq is sucker and that I was. I am glad I left before I had a marriage arranged for me ,Inspired Betrothal just does not work for me as I am far too opinionated. Honesty would be appreciated from you GDF , go spend a month AT a rainbow gathering and then tell me what you see, if you are strong willed enough go to Basin Farm and spend a weekend with the TT (both are free) and tell me what it is that you see before you start pontificating on the very little you know about how these things work I WAS THERE I KNOW WHAT THEY DO I DID IT AND KNOW PEOPLE THAT STILL DO the only way you will ever find out the truth about the TT is to talk to ex members or go see it for yourself , LE does not like to admit a loss ever GDF and you guys LOST the case on those Island pond raids now that its been a long time just admit it.
My love for the grateful dead was greater than my devotion to Yoneq enough so that I named my kid Cassidy Delilah and that is part of the reason I just could not stay with them because I missed the music so darn much . After I left I married and divorced ect....but one thing remains , the music.

Thanks for the informative post, Mama! (and thanks for not naming your daughter Bertha ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby-Doo