VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience (have never lived in VA) your license does not necessarily expire on your birthday, unless you got it on your birthday (mine does not). Maybe when you turn 18 or 21 it automatically expires because you need a new one to reflect that you are legally an adult or can legally drink. But after that.. not everybody has a license that expires on their birthday.

JMO, IDK why he would be getting a new license. Parttimesleuther listed all the possible reasons I could think of above.
I wondered about this too, as I live in a state where expiration is relative to date-of-issuance. Virginia is such that it expires on birthday, regardless of when it was issued. HTH!

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/drivers/#renewing.asp

View attachment 59654 not sure there is a lot of resemblance, but here goes: On left is LE sketch of rapist linked to MH case. On right is photo from JM wanted poster.

I highly doubt those the the same person for one reason . JLM is a very big person , football lineman , that would be a very distinguishable feature.

6'2 270 is a big person and I am sure that would have been noted.

BBM:

It was an hour long derailment here that meant pretty much nothing. :)

Gee, thanks. Glad I took time out of my day on my work break to conduct these high tech forensic glove experiments.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Maybe I'm just a more moral and community minded person than this lovely, teddy bear, committed Christian that is no where to be found and refusing to help police.

Maybe you wouldn't be in the same situation.

He may have left his license in the vehicle that got towed.

I highly doubt those the the same person for one reason . JLM is a very big person , football lineman , that would be a very distinguishable feature.

6'2 270 is a big person and I am sure that would have been noted.

I agree that it does not resemble him. However, witness/victim descriptions are notoriously inaccurate, and one poster who is a verified expert in neuroscience went into depth about this a few boards back.

blefuscu asks:
"So why shouldn't he speak to LE and clear his name if he's got nothing to hide?"

Because "anything you say can and will be used AGAINST you in a court of law" — innocent or not. There is no guarantee or expectation that speaking to police will resolve your situation.

I have heard for years this saying, can and will be used against you...but just yesterday on the threads someone posted a youtube video explaining that is will ONLY be used against you...you pretty much cannot use it for your own defense of what you said as that is considered heresay.

I'm sure I'm opening up :worms: but it was a lightbulb going off in my head that what you say cannot be used to help your defense unless YOU got on the stand and repeated it. Which Def Attys aren't likely to do.

:moo:

That is NOT the reason why JM is being sought and not this WG. Wouldn't make a bit of difference if JM came forward. He'd be in as much trouble or more even if he were innocent, and it has nothing to do with color either. You had better believe that LE tracked WG's movements after he was seen on the film and wanted to know what he did afterwards That he is not the last to be with Hannah was also helpful.

JM has the problem that both he and Hannah disappeared off tape after they left at Tempo. So he's the one left holding the proverbial bag and LE can't follow what he did thereafter That's where the problem is. Plus they somehow found out he had a car in the area. So unless JM has an alibi, can prove he left Hannah and the area alone shortly after being with her at Tempo, he has a serious problem. Has nothing to do with cooperation on the part of WG. If WG disappeared into thin air, had a car at the place, LE would be checking him out too. The fact is probably that he left the area and Hannah was then with JM.

The attorney probably told JM that the best thing he could do was not to say anything to LE and lie low.

BBM. But JM preferred to leave the police station by driving in a reckless manner, refusing to pull over and causing a car chase. That is not quite laying low. He gave them a reason to arrest him, all because of that. What the heck was he thinking to commit a driving violation (driving recklessly or speeding and then refusing to pull over) when he had just been told to lay low?

well if he is not warranted for an arrest then he has a right to disappear if he wants to. That is not how the law works. It is up to the police to figure it out. If there is uncooperative witness then its up to them to get evidence else where. I am not even sure he never spoke to any law enforcement. I am pretty sure he did since they mentioned he said he bought her drinks.

He has 2 warrants out for his arrest

Probably because his tags were expired and he didn't want anyone on his butt for that too?

Friday was the day of the search warrant for his car and apartment. His car was taken in for processing. I vaguely recall that there was something hinky about the plates....that they were not on the car, or that they were obstructed, or something like that. JMO

I really think LE's actions are going to turn this case into a "joke" or a "parody".

Thanks for the reminder!
Just as an aside - one of the more frequently posted photos of Hannah is a multi-colored, horizontally stripped shirt-it was probably purchased in UVa's bookstore.
The school's colors are Pantone 294 (blue) and Pantone 145 (orange). It is not currently offered for sale at the online bookstore, so maybe last year's shirt.

Here's a thought. Doesn't the DMV take pictures for passport photos?

I agree that it does not resemble him. However, witness/victim descriptions are notoriously inaccurate, and one poster who is a verified expert in neuroscience went into depth about this a few boards back.

right but you would know if the guy was super sized. You might not get their clothing , or hair , or facial feature, but something you would not miss is the large size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member