VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking since the beginning. I definitely see where he looks guilty. What frightens me is what if he's some scared guy that ran because he knows how things "typically" go in these cases and is innocent. I hope LE has a big smoking gun, because he's already been convicted by the media and a lot of us, me included. I am Caucasian if that matters and this is 100% JMO.

Welcome Lorij1968!

The way I see it is:

1) JM was the last person seen on videotape with HG the night she disappeared. At least one eyewitness corroborated this.

2) Most importantly, LE has some type of evidence linking HG to JM.

3) All LE wants is to question him about that night.

4) He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. :twocents:

IMHO

I'm feeling a pang of sadness for his grandmother. This has to be terribly difficult for his family.

Why is he already tried and convicted by so many? We haven't seen or hear of a single shred of hard evidence. This worries me.

Really? You don't think there's any evidence, here? Seriously?

There is no passport/latex gloves connection! Just WS speculation on a passport, and the gloves most likely belonged to LE, as they were not in evidence bags and were being casually handled.
I think Stone's was joking[emoji6]

He's not a kid, but for some reason my impression of him is of a childlike mentality.

I feel like JM will talk at some point. Once he's confronted with evidence, even if it's not conclusive enough to call for a murder charge...well, he may not realize that. To him, anything decently incriminating they get on him and throw in his face will probably scare him into thinking they've nailed him, even if they still need more info from him...we see this often with LE interrogations. Think about when you were a kid, and tried to get away with something and felt guilty about it. You were probably hyper-sensitive to anything Mom, Dad, or teacher said pertaining to what you did, because all you could think about is what you were trying to get away with. If that makes sense.

I feel like that was a really strange post. But this guy just doesn't strike me as the type to keep quiet forever. Very few perps can do that.

Scared guy has to realize how guilty it makes him look for running though, imo. If he's innocent but scared, he should lawyer up. I can't give anyone a pass because he might be scared because of how he may think things "typically" go... that's just me, no excuses for fleeing when you have info that may help find a missing person. I'm white too, and all this is jmo as well.

I know there are different legal consequences, but in the overall scheme of things....he was hiding in VA, he was hiding in TX. Regardless of where he physically planted himself, he was running and hiding. I get the sense that people think it's worse because he crossed the State line, but IMO, hiding is hiding--where it happens doesn't really make that much of a difference.

Because it took JM so long to decide to run even though the surveillance videos were all over the news very early on, I wonder if he's not fully responsible for her disappearance. Also, his going to the station lawyering up makes me think that he was scared because he got her more intoxicated right before she disappeared. Suppose after drinking with her, he dropped her off on a street corner that she thought was near the party she was trying to find. He leaves her there, and at that corner the rapist of the other victims snatches her. Maybe there's someone else involved. Have they found his roommates? I'd like to know what they know about JM whereabouts that night. When did he come home etc etc. Where did he say he was going when he went out that night?

It's possible that a parking pass is required, and they ran his DL for the pass.

I would think now that summer is over, the campers would be much fewer than the past couple of months. Also, the link from CNN stated that someone reported a suspicious person camping and the officer ran the license plate on his car and it came back wanted. The person who reported it probably found it odd that someone would come all the way to Galveston from VA to go camping with what ******I can only assume***** would be not the usual "hardcore" camper type equipment? I doubt he thought this out and was equipped with the normal "gear", so to speak. Again, JMO.

Really? You don't think there's any evidence, here? Seriously?

Anything besides circumstantial evidence and the fact that they were on video together in a bar? Where is the hard evidence that she got in his car, went to his apartment etc? Or his DNA on her body? See what I'm getting at?

You are totally right. See below:

You know, maybe I;m wrong about him not talking. There was a reason Longo did what he did at his pressers. He was profiling, IMO and likely trying to pressure the suspect based on what he knew about him.

I stated earlier the fact that JM did show up at the police station and then left without speaking to police, evidences conflict and that the pressure was getting to him. That probably wouldn;t be the case if he was a stone cold sociopath. (And you don;t have to be a psychopath or sociopath to murder a stranger, BTW).

So maybe that shows he has some feelings. Maybe it shows those feelings can be worked on so he feels the urge to talk.

In many of these cases of murders/abductions/rapes, LE is eventually able to get perps to talk. In fact, I've learned that Miranda is kind of a joke. Most criminals do talk. And LE are trained in getting them to. We happen to see the cases where there are not confessions, because those cases stretch on and become bigger news as they are typically not solved quickly.

JM worked at a hospital, he has a a lot of seemingly nice friends, he volunteers with kids playing football, right? He has a a grandma who loves him. Maybe all of that will work in Hannah's favor and he can be made to talk.

I've seen in various cases over the years that a lot of crooks eventually confess because they hold onto what they;ve done and are burdened by it. Yeah, they know they're going to prison, but it's like they can;t bear the burden of what they;ve done.

What I've wrestled with is this. I'm in the camp that he's not the brightest bulb in the box. That's derogatory, I know, but to say he's slow doesn't sound any better to me. If the man is innocent, his intelligence level (if it is lower) leaves him open to the possibility of false confession or just implicating himself. Now, he may be highly intelligent, but many of his acquaintances have indicated otherwise.

Can his DNA be officially be taken now, or do they have to wait for a conviction?

Most importantly, LE has some type of evidence linking HG to JM.

IMHO

Would let say a hair of hers found in his car or on his clothing be enough for the charge? Even though there is video which suggests JLM had his arm around her?

Maybe he setup camp in an area of the park where it's not allowed.

I haven't read any specifics about who called in the suspicious person report. It is a small community made up of mainly beach homes. A lot of people go there to fish. It could have been a fisherman who tried to converse with him and thought he acted strangely. If I recall there is basically one main store on the peninsula where someone would go to buy supplies and get gas. This is the south, we talk to everybody. I can imagine someone asking him where he was from or trying to strike up a conversation and thinking he was evasive.

Not to mention, this story has not only been on the national news, it has been mentioned every day on the local news here along with his picture. If he had out of state tags on his car and hasn't altered his appearance much, I can see a resident putting two and together and thinking they should call in a tip.

Me, too, & same scenario. :( I really hope someone steps up for his dog. His dog is innocent & doesn't deserve to die b/c JM has been incarcerated.
It happens a lot, sadly. I always worry about the animals left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most people posting about popcorn are not serious. I am worried it could be in a Houston pound It wouldnt live long. Somethingcould be done for it through the family lawyer.

I am still hung up on the video when JM is first spotted in the mall, before he crosses over. If you stop it at the very beginning over and over and watch slowly, you can see it looks like he is just standing still at the edge of the frame, talking on the phone. He appears to hang up the phone and then WG walks out...then, they are both watching Hannah. It is still weird to me...but I know WG has been ruled out. Something still looks weird about that video almost like someone had phoned him saying, "Here she comes...she is the girl walking alone in the sparkle shirt." ...who knows...would love to see phone records to find out who he is talking to at that very moment!!!

Check this video of Sal's and JM. I think it starts earlier than some other clips I've seen- it looks like JM hi-fives one of the girls when the video first starts.

http://m.wdbj7.com/news/web-extra-s...alking-by-charlottesville-pizza-shop/28124738

Sorry if this is a repeat of info..I'm not up to date on the threads. Video of JM after arrest on WUSA9 (CBS affiliate in DC) commercial showed he still had dreads

Would let say a hair of hers found in his car or on his clothing be enough for the charge? Even though there is video which suggests JLM had his arm around her?

I would hope not. Meaning no. Given the latest charge which implies a sexual offence. I think they have something concrete. That's just my opinion.

But I think maybe he doesn't fit the narcissistic profile as much as they do? Alot of his friends and family claim otherwise. People commit horrible crimes. Some regret them. Not all are sociopaths/pyschopaths.

He doesn't seem to fit the same profile as them, that's for sure. He seems to be the type of guy who f-s up and wonders the next morning, what got into him. He has impulse issues and isn't proving to be the smartest criminal in the books. Wrong place, wrong time for both of them. Shame.

Can his DNA be officially be taken now, or do they have to wait for a conviction?

It can be taken on arrest in Virginia (at least that's what I read somewhere). I'm going to assume Texas could do the DNA swab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125