VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Many of the victims in this case were girls from good homes, in good neighborhoods," Neil MacBride, a U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, told reporters at a press conference. "The girls recruited were girls who lived at home with their parents, not always runaways." on Gangs in Northern Virginia http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-membe...rban-teen-prostitution-ring/story?id=16046155.

Not always an international sex trafficking ring -many domestic sex trafficking rings exist. I agree ideally if you are a trafficker..I guess you want society's throw aways, runaways, people who won't be missed or you want to groom a teen into running away with you but are we sure that not even one of those "runaways" or as some people call them "society's throwaways" could just be a missing girl from another jurisdiction who has been abducted, given drugs, addicted and watched so that they can't runaway? Many news stories indicate traffickers move quickly from one area to another. Just google sex trafficking in Northern Virginia or Roanoke or Lynchburg or Henrico County or Virginia Beach. Yes most of the time you are dealing with runaways and those with families that don't care but criminals are known to make dumb decisions and a drunk girl seems like easy prey. Maybe she was transferred early on Saturday morning before the story went public--(thats 24 hours)---who knows whether they would "Liquidate" her or not. "Liquidated" girls can't make money. I still think she is alive and hoping people are not giving up on her.
Wow. This needs to be widely publicized. Even if not the fate of aha nah, although this would be far preferable to what most think happened to her, parents of young women need to be aware. And others on this forum who keep discounting this as even likely to occur irregardless of what happened to Hannah should read this. Sex trafficking in the suburbs is real.

Could be because of his color? Not being funny, maybe he stands out there?

Good question, but I don't believe a policeman will come out to investigate a call just because an African American is standing outside his tent.

I thought it was Matthew??

Oh and fwiw I'm with stones on this! There is no evidence is sex trafficking in this case...and I'm surprised at how many really don't understand state laws or civics on a crime board. Yes open several tabs google is your friend. Link to his prior record please. Last name Mathew.....not Mathews. I see no prior arrest record for him. Link to any violence or hatred of women of exs coming fwd. Do we even know if he is a straight male? These r the questions we should b asking.....this in no way is a case to start posting WE got him, it's a witch hunt I request this stops until DNA evidence is in or trial. Nothing on record to show he is someone who has to rape kill and defile in order to receive sex. There r so many questions NOT being asked here that I figuratively slap a few wrists. And offer caution.

so far all I see is tunnel vision by the va LE,regarding Mathew. He doesn't fit the profile,at all of a SO or muderder. Citizen in good standing, works in sx the OR fgs, used to drive taxi. I truly believe he is innocent...I see not one scintilla of evidence linking him to,this crime. In light of current affairs in MO, I believe he is AA, employed, in good community standing, and terrified which explains his actions. Most of all I am terrified of the witch hunt behavior here in regards to him for this crime. We Hv so,far not one thing linking. Him to her disappearance, let alone the out theory is sex trafficking. Doesn't fit the profile at all, as a matter of fact, so everyone please take a step back. They want to talk to him, they Hv no evidence to date that he defiled or kidnapped anyone. Sev search warrants are sealed for 180 Days and until then we must wait and not be so quick to hang this man. He has nothing that indicates he is the correct POI and he doesn't fit the profile. I suggest the FBI call in a profiler who is worth is weight in gold. Jmmo. Something isn't fitting here for me. Not at all.

I hope youre kidding.

Innocent people dont typically get charged with failure to identify, and giving false information to a police officer....1300 miles away from where they are wanted for class 2 felonies and reckless driving charges that stem from eluding state police.

<mod snip>

You are far from alone in your conclusions. I feel the same way. :)

so far all I see is tunnel vision by the va LE,regarding Mathew. He doesn't fit the profile,at all of a SO or muderder. Citizen in good standing, works in sx the OR fgs, used to drive taxi. I truly believe he is innocent...I see not one scintilla of evidence linking him to,this crime. In light of current affairs in MO, I believe he is AA, employed, in good community standing, and terrified which explains his actions. Most of all I am terrified of the witch hunt behavior here in regards to him for this crime. We Hv so,far not one thing linking. Him to her disappearance, let alone the out theory is sex trafficking. Doesn't fit the profile at all, as a matter of fact, so everyone please take a step back. They want to talk to him, they Hv no evidence to date that he defiled or kidnapped anyone. Sev search warrants are sealed for 180 Days and until then we must wait and not be so quick to hang this man. He has nothing that indicates he is the correct POI and he doesn't fit the profile. I suggest the FBI call in a profiler who is worth is weight in gold. Jmmo. Something isn't fitting here for me. Not at all.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but my local news in Louisville Ky just said they found some of Hannah's clothes in JM's home. I had not heard that anywhere else. Did LE release that info? I was shocked to hear it.

All I have seen was that they went back to retrieve clothing, nothing about Hannah's clothing found there that I have seen. Could that be what you heard possibly?

My sincere condolences to you.

Perps usually have a choice, most often their victims do not.

Very well said. I have a family member that brutally murdered a beautiful young girl and I do blame his parents and his grandparents because that is where a lot of problems started. For me, I cannot automatically see a murderers family members as innocent victims; I am sure MANY of them are but in his case, they absolutely were anything but innocent in my mind.

I care. Families of the perpetrators are also victims. I am unfortunate to know first hand. Ruins their lives also. Big time.

OH YES...it's horrific. I don't think he's innocent even 1%, but I know the pain that the family goes through. While it's not the same pain as Hannah's family's, they both take a loss for sure. Not to mention the harassment and financial burden put on them. Please don't flame me....I am not team Jesse at all! However, his family did not commit this crime!

My sincere condolences to you.

Perps usually have a choice, most often their victims do not.
You are right. Thanks. Also families of perps dont have a choice. I just think a lot of times the crime taints the parents /siblings/children. They/we are also forgotten victims. But believe me, family of the suspect usually have the utmost compassion and guilt for the actual crime victim and family.

Oh and fwiw I'm with stones on this! There is no evidence is sex trafficking in this case...and I'm surprised at how many really don't understand state laws or civics on a crime board. Yes open several tabs google is your friend. Link to his prior record please. Last name Mathew.....not Mathews. I see no prior arrest record for him. Link to any violence or hatred of women of exs coming fwd. Do we even know if he is a straight male? These r the questions we should b asking.....this in no way is a case to start posting WE got him, it's a witch hunt I request this stops until DNA evidence is in or trial. Nothing on record to show he is someone who has to rape kill and defile in order to receive sex. There r so many questions NOT being asked here that I figuratively slap a few wrists. And offer caution.

He has been charged with crimes. They have just been downgraded, expunged or sealed or something like that.

He assaulted a man in 2009. He was a cab driver and he cut a guy off driving and the guy honked his horn and JM got out of his car and so did the guy. The guy took out his cell phone to call police and JM grabbed it from him then assaulted him

There is no passport/latex gloves connection! Just WS speculation on a passport, and the gloves most likely belonged to LE, as they were not in evidence bags and were being casually handled.

There was also a pair of purple latex gloves found during the two-day public search for Hannah. One of the search team members mentioned them in his beautiful blog post:
http://overlookedrva.com/2014/09/22/a-reason-to-hope/

"In our first hour, we came across only one potential piece of evidence – a pair of purple latex gloves that did look suspiciously new – discarded by the side of a road. Alan (the team leader) took a photo, radioed it in, and we moved on."

This really sent shudders up my spine when I read it a few days ago. It was the first thing that overwhelmed me with a sense of dread. I have seen those same purple gloves used by medical personnel in an OR setting. And knowing he transported patients to the OR . . .

:yeahthat:

Maybe THAT attacker is the one that took her?? Maybe it's not JM at all

Sure, maybe. Anything's possible, I guess. Still JM was the last person we know of that saw her before she disappeared... plus he fled to Texas rather than help police with any helpful info that could find her.

Just an FYI but if the bickering keeps up the thread can get shut down. Are we not all here for Hannah. Despite are differing opinions.

A little late to the party, but I assume this guy was camping on the beach in Texas because it is free and legal. He probably camped at one point on his way to from C-ville to Galveston too.

I do not think he was camping on the beach because he was suicidal, or thought it would be pleasant - he was there because he does not have a lot of money. He would have actually been better off in a motel. Yes they ask for your ID but they are not cops. They will not run your ID or anything.

He looked suspicious because he was a single black guy out camping alone in a place that is mainly white and where people who are camping have a certain "look" to them, especially in their dress and appearance. If this guy was wearing street clothes at the beach in Texas that would have looked suspicious.

Again spending even $50 a night at a cheap motel is out of the budget when you're living on the road indefinitely and probably have very little money to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lhaithco