VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the officers on the link I provided do not realize their audio is being fed live as they converse between each other. I just heard one of them say that the woman that called him in to the Galveston County police did so because she recognized him from the TV reports. (I hope that is okay to post). I'm rather surprised that no one has let these guys know their are being broadcast live, they seem to think they are not hookedup to the feed yet.
link please?

A tad off? I havent read or heard anything referencing that....so imo no.
A sexual predator................... very likely, imo.

No lol I have not read anything like that either but the dude is worried about his jump suit.
the gentle giant description and being socially awkward makes me think maybe someone should have been watching this dude.
He has a lot of charges over the years he obviously has no respect for rules and marches to his own drum.

Just imagine for a second that you are that young woman who was raped and you've been reading everyone's descriptions of a "gentle giant".

Oh I think we will hear a lot more!

In regards to the article from Daily Mail about JLM previously being accused of rape - I have seen a few posters (in previous threads) expressing their doubt about the credibility of DM. Saying things like "I wouldn't put any trust in DM" etc. I didn't ask back then but now I do want to know what lead you to form that opinion? They seem to have these big headlines before most other media do ... JMO.

1. How did LJ keep getting charges against him dropped?

2. WG must be having a tough time dealing with this.

No lol I have not read anything like that either but the dude is worried about his jump suit.
the gentle giant description and being socially awkward makes me think maybe someone should have been watching this dude.
He has a lot of charges over the years he obviously has no respect for rules and marches to his own drum.

lol, :blushing: I wasn't able to see or hear the court appearance, now I get it. :)

One poster on the last thread said he would have had to supply DNA in 2009 when he was charged with assault-is this true? At what point in VA do suspects have to submit to DNA, if anyone knows, while I go look it up...

Also, Imo, Hannah being aware of the danger of being "lost" and intoxicated, as per her tweet about the girl she helped to a bus, is puzzling considering what her actions and movements were on the night she disappeared. What on earth compelled her to leave her friends and walk around alone, I guess we will never know.

ETA: it appears VA can take DNA at time of arrest, either for all crimes or all "serious" crimes, depending where you read, but does not define serious. So JM may have been in the system for a while, thus eliminating him from Morgan, etc. Or he may not have been. So there, clear as mud.

didn't they say charges were dropped for lack of EVIDENCE.

Maybe he CANT then there would be no dna then he would get upset and go ballistic.

could be why there was the INTENT to defile charge.

So, THAT was an extradition hearing???? confused. Is there more to come? JMO

I would also like to know if one is required to give DNA when arrested in VA for an assault charge. This might help to exonerate him from possible involvement in similar attacks/abductions that occurred in the area.

DNA is not required for assault cases but it certainly can be taken at any time, even prior to arrest. So I am going to assume they have his DNA now. They would have easily obtained it from their search of his home already, if not then, they surely have it now.

The Supreme Court has ruled criminal suspects can be subjected to a police DNA test after arrest -- before trial and conviction -- a privacy-versus-public-safety dispute that could have wide-reaching implications in the rapidly evolving technology surrounding criminal procedure.

"When officers make an arrest supported by probable cause to hold for a serious offense and they bring the suspect to the station to be detained in custody, taking and analyzing a cheek swab of the arrestee's DNA is, like fingerprinting and photographing, a legitimate police booking procedure that is reasonable under the Fourth Amendment," the majority wrote.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/03/justice/supreme-court-dna-tests/

This whole forums is a bit TL;DR for me, along with most others..

The hasty revision notes (please, don't test me) I've taken are:

- JM has been arrested in Texas where he was sleeping on the beach
- Hannah has still not been found
- The main downside about being in the UK and sleeping while everything happens is that by the time I'm ready to search for up to date news the only media with reports from the last few hours is the Daily MailFail!

Yes! Welcome to my world over here in Aus! I always return to new charges, breaking news etc and 3 new threads lol

In regards to the article from Daily Mail about JLM previously being accused of rape - I have seen a few posters (in previous threads) expressing their doubt about the credibility of DM. Saying things like "I wouldn't put any trust in DM" etc. I didn't ask back then but now I do want to know what lead you to form that opinion? They seem to have these big headlines before most other media do ... JMO.

Daily Mail is well known to be sensationalist, to publish before checking rumours, to publish lies about stars, BUT having said that, they do actually dig deep to get their sensationalist news and they do send people out there to do their homework and some news is definitely discovered first on Daily Mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocj