VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think you guys are barking up the wrong tree with the mental illness angle. He used to be a top athlete (cville athlete of the year and then college scholarship). He probably got used to being very popular and well liked without doing much effort wise on his own part. He likely did all the same types of things (overly friendly and touchy) but everyone found it cute and girls ate it up because of his status. He is a guy having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that he is older, no longer in the limelight and doing those behaviors is now creepy.

My new theory is that Hannah was drugged and whatever it was interacted with the drugs she was taking plus alcohol and that killed her. I would be shocked if he is a serial anything.

A friend of LJ’s for over nine years described him as a “prowler,” clarifying his use of the word by adding, “which is not to say he was looking for a victim, but looking for a girl who’s already compromised a little bit, maybe improve his chances.”

This type of info seems to me where the "intent to defile" charge would come from. Someone close to him that knows he either commonly tries to take advantage or told a friend he was going to have sex with this drunk girl, etc.

He has a MySpace profile? I bet I still have one out there too.

It's a joke we use to make about UVA and Dave Matthews Band (because they're from c-ville). All these kids smoking weed and listening to Jam bands (we, Richmond, are the, for lack of a better word, the outcasts. Art students/etc). UVA is very prestigious.

He had a snare drum as his background, his close friend was into mainly rock music. For some reason I can't find the myspace again.

Don't be sorry! I love her for who she is! She's a super cool kid who happens to have Autism.

Kids/ppl with Autism have gotten bad (and untrue) reputation's b/c of false statements made about mass murders.

Ditto... a child here as well.

As to the validity of the Coy article: Why would a woman (or 2) experience such boundary issues that they have to ask the guy to stop, and witness the same guy with a young, incapacitated girl, and not SAY or do anything?! Seems off.

Hannah's story has got me thinking. I often go to a bar or a club on a weekend night and I see this all the time, a drunk girl getting led away by what I assume is a friend or boyfriend but occasionally I'll think hmmm hope she's ok. From now on I'll ask. If anything it might make someone think twice about taking advantage of a girl in that state if they realize they have been noticed.

I really think you guys are barking up the wrong tree with the mental illness angle. He used to be a top athlete (cville athlete of the year and then college scholarship). He probably got used to being very popular and well liked without doing much effort wise on his own part. He likely did all the same types of things (overly friendly and touchy) but everyone found it cute and girls ate it up because of his status. He is a guy having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that he is older, no longer in the limelight and doing those behaviors is now creepy.

My new theory is that Hannah was drugged and whatever it was interacted with the drugs she was taking plus alcohol and that killed her. I would be shocked if he is a serial anything.

I'm waiting for someone to bring up brain damage/concusions.

I feel better at speculation on what we know, but not speculating on mental illness.

Also, in the last 1 or 2 threads lol, a poster who is a nursing student said students don't usually go to the mall IIRC. So JM may have assumed HG was of legal drinking age since she was on the mall with other folks. She was also alone. The other girls he was annoying were in a pair or group and they would not have been an easy a target as Hannah.

Does this make sense?

Perfect sense. When I was college age we always rolled with a wingman and on the weekends it was in groups of 3's.

1 of us to hit on the hottie, the second for her slightly less attractive bff and the third for what we termed the nottie. As in not attractive and trying to talk her other two friends out of a night of debauchery.

I believe thats where the term 'taking one for team" came from ...at least in that regard :yeahthat:

Since there were people fishing nearby and he had even had a tent set up, and it obviously wasn't a private beach, it seems surprising he'd think it was odd anyone else was out there?

I might glance at someone if I saw someone driving past, but hitting the breaks enough to throw up sand look at her, and then lean over and stare seems a little more than what anyone I've seen do when they saw someone some place they maybe weren't expecting them.

If I drove past someone doing something unexpected on a beach maybe I'd stop or slow and look, but someone sitting on the bed of their vehicle looking over the water doesn't seem like anything particularly unusual to me.

It sure seems like quite a reaction from someone who was just surprised to find someone else doing essentially what he was. :waitasec:

For all we know, her dog ran up to his car so he jammed on the brakes and gave her a dirty look. The look was enough time for her to identify him.

Or maybe he wasn't staring at her but her dog, and missing Popcorn. :beagle:

Who knows. There's so much we'll never know with this case.

I'm not suggesting it does. I'm sorry if that's how it seems to you. It's just an observation about his behavior, which is not normal and is similar to some who have Aspergers.

Okay. I'm just going to ask: what is normal?

Honestly though, I just wanted to make my statement, wasn't assuming that you were suggesting that. Just wanted to squash it before ppl started speculating that.

This dude seems VERY social from what we know so far.

Some info on GHB

"The drug can take anything from 10 minutes to an hour to take effect, so wait until the first hit kicks in before taking any more. Its strength varies wildly, so always take a small amount first. Because of it's disabling effects, you are exposed to the threat of sexual assault, so be very, very wary of who you're with.

Increasingly, there have been reports of the drug being used as a 'date rape' drug (like Rohypnol), with victims being slipped the drug via alcohol, or in coffee, tea or hot chocolate (it is almost tasteless).

A Home Office report in June 2000 questioned 123 victims of such drug assisted assaults, and found that 70% of the rapists were known to the victim and 12% were given the drug in their home, 10% on a university campus. One in five victims could not remember the assault while around 70% felt physically unable to resist (source: Guardian 22.06.00).

Health risks: unknown at present, although there have been reports of people suffering convulsions and collapsing and a recent fatality in the UK (Oct 97). urban75 has received several reports of users being hospitalised with stomach and breathing problems, although there is almost always other drugs involved.

The drug, which is derived from an American anaesthetic, lowers blood pressure and in some cases people find breathing difficult. Overdosing can lead to a loss of consciousness and coma. It is not recommended that asthmatics or those with any form of respiratory or low blood pressure disorders take this drug. "

More info at link http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/gbh.html

But... WG said she was in distress before she even met up with JM... So...who really knows.

I'm not putting much faith in what WG said. I think he was a creeper and wasn't as concerned for her well-being as he says. I don't think he intended to harm her, but was hoping for an excuse to interact with a young pretty girl. Like I said, she is walking fast and not visibly impaired on the video. Plus he gave a terrible description of JM, which shows he wasn't really that observant lol!!

Nah there is something wrong with him. Watching him in court asking the strange questions he did he seems a bit off. He's not overly friendly he is dangerously aggressive.

Okay. I'm just going to ask: what is normal?

Honestly though, I just wanted to make my statement, wasn't assuming that you were suggesting that. Just wanted to squash it before ppl started speculating that.

This dude seems VERY social from what we know so far.

Overly social, even. Church. Football. Work friends. Roomates.

Thing is--most of it seems superficial. Settings where he ensures he's around others.

The whole perusing clubs by himself thing is strange and I think gives us a more realistic view on his private life.

I'd also like to point out this about dreads...1. They can be for "religious" reasons, and we know JM is religious. 2. Fashion, which they are popular...but in c-ville they're popular because of dave matthews band & "hippie culture." 3. Maybe he just liked them?

In this case maybe 4) trying to not look like a sketch on a wanted poster.

I'm not putting much faith in what WG said. I think he was a creeper and wasn't as concerned for her well-being as he says. I don't think he intended to harm her, but was hoping for an excuse to interact with a young pretty girl. Like I said, she is walking fast and not visibly impaired on the video. Plus he gave a terrible description of JM, which shows he wasn't really that observant lol!!

He was off on the hair and pants. He remembered the big picture though that it was a black guy who put his arm around her and he was correct so he ain't lying. He didn't speak to police until a few days later so his memory may not have been perfect.

I agree .. After working as a waitress at a busy bar/ club, I realized how touchy men (and women!) can be. I experienced groping even after hours when I was sober and went to eat or drink elsewhere with coworkers. I was sober and flipped on them, but saw many intoxicated women who seemed to enjoy the attention from total strangers. Kinda sad really ...

Some people just dont understand that not everyone likes to be touched...and probably never will.

I was waiting tables one night and had just come out of the kitchen with a huge tray with 5 plates of food balanced on one hand, as I was passing another guests table she reached out and grabbed my arm forcing me to stop on a dime. Even though I was moving pretty fast, I somehow managed to avoid dropping any of the dishes.

I did however fasten the lady witha glare before telling her she was damn lucky she didnt cause me to drop the entire tray on her.

She seemed genuinely confused and indignant that I would be angry about a stranger manhandling me and almost causing an expensive accident.

Her reason?

She wanted some more coffee and didnt see her waiter. SMH

I noticed that, too...

why would he have changed clothes during a night at the bars/restaurants...

Not to be sexist... But guys don't usually do that... IMO...

“He came in alone,” she says. “He wasn’t really hanging out with any one group of people. He was dancing some. He was really sweaty. He kept coming out front to bum cigarettes from people who were smoking.”

Maybe he was REALLY sweaty and wasn't getting a favorable response from girls he was trying to hit on after that?

He is a bigger guy, and at least many I know tend to also get even sweatier than others might, including from things that wouldn't even have most others getting sweaty period.

And of course some people, in general, are just more predisposed to getting sweaty easier or sweating more profusely.

If he fell into either of those categories, I wouldn't be as shocked if he had extra clothes with him to change into if needed. Heck, maybe it's a good tactic if he wasn't successful at one bar anyway...change clothes, look different, and you might not be remembered or can have a 'fresh start.' :crazy:

His car looked like it had a lot in it from the images that had been released. And there had been discussion about just how much had been in there clothing wise. Perhaps it's kind of the norm for him?

The fact that they went back to his house a second time to look for clothing again seems like it also kind of fits with perhaps having learned of a second outfit to be looking for that wasn't sought the first time. Because if they knew about it the first time, I'd think they'd have gotten it or looked for it then. Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX