VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, at UVA you apply directly into the nursing program and begin in it in your first year or at the latest before you begin your second year. According to the UVA directory she is not a nursing student at all. I think the media article that identified her as a nursing student was mistaken. All of this is relevant if people are trying to link her to POI by virtue of her being a nursing student.

Per getting his DNA (legally) see below....

http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/pageDocuments/I6W7Q3D7RM.pdf

"Surreptitious DNA Sampling
Scenario
You have refused to give police a DNA sample in their familial search. The police subsequently go through your curbed garbage during the night to obtain samples of your DNA from discarded items such as plastic cups or cigarette butts. Can the police forage through your garbage to obtain samples of your DNA?
Legal Rights and Responses
This practice, known as “surreptitious sampling,” is currently legal. There is no expectation of privacy in garbage once it is out on the curb. Courts have found that there is no expectation of privacy in discarded genetic material and that the practice of surreptitious sampling does not violate the Fourth Amendment. The U.S. Constitution does not prohibit the police from searching your garbage because you are deemed to have abandoned it. State constitutions or laws may prohibit the police from doing this."

And although some states don't allow it, per http://www.dnapolicy.org/resources/State_law_summaries_final_all_states.pdf

"Virginia
State laws pertaining to surreptitious DNA testing
Does the law restrict the collection or analysis of DNA or disclosure of results of analysis?
No relevant law identified."

People are accusing others of crimes here without providing sound logic or evidence. This is not a good thing to do. If you are unfamiliar, please look up Richard Jewell, Sunil Tripathi, Salah Barhoum, etc. I am also here to discuss things, but claiming Hannah went to buy drugs or that this person killed her is not appropriate when there is no reason to say this.

rsbm. (Respectfully snipped by me for all you newcomers)

Thank you for this, I completely agree and still feel a sting when the name Sunil Tripathi comes up, as I posted the original missing thread here at WS and felt so horribly awful watching where that went.

Would anyone be able to link me to, or provide some cliffs of the last 12hrs of developments? or I'll never catch up :)

I was just about to ask the same thing. Thanks!!! No way can I catch up through multiple threads and posts! TIA!!!

I just don't know what to think about this case- it was Morgan's disappearance that first introduced me to WS-I was talking to my daughter& her friend today, & I said I didn't want her to go to UVA (I'd like her to go to UNC-CH, but there's Eve Carson)- evil is everywhere.

Only classes mentioned by her on social media were French. She seemed to speak quite well. She was a student in the Arts and Sciences department (according to the info on UVA website) which includes the French degree.

As far as I know how most Bachelors degrees work is during your freshmen and sophomore year you mainly take general education courses (which would be in the Arts and Sciences department) and any prerequisites for your major and then during your junior and senior year you mainly take your major courses.

I keep coming back to how unusual it is for LE to reveal the details they have about LJM (the POI). My assumption is that they want to put immense pressure on him - make his life hell until he cracks and cooperates with them. But they still haven't said he's a suspect. Maybe they feel 99% sure he is directly responsible for Hannah's disappearance, or maybe they think he's innocent of foul play but knows what happened to her to lead to her disappearance. LJM has several arrest records, but as others have pointed out, none are indicative of violence. We also know that LJM is a Jr., and when you search court records for his name, records that do not belong to the Jr. come up. One of those is indecent exposure, and many are alcohol related. So is it extremely far-fetched to wonder if perhaps the pressure is on Jr. because he they are looking for someone he shares a name with?

Chief Longo needs to set the media straight on what color top Hannah was wearing. This article says gold.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bought-drinks-claims-did-NOT-drive-car.html

The top looked green in the photo. Then it was reported to be black. Another said silver and now we have gold.
:gaah:

The top is gold metallic material (most likely spandex) with black triangular shaped insets coming off of the side seams. In a search for a photo from an online retail site some very similar were found, but not yet the exact match.

First post on this site, have been following this case closely. The community here has really come together over this case, I saw multiple search crews canvassing various areas as I was leaving work this morning. Definitely hope we find answers as to what exactly happened to HG.

I work at the hospital and I have interacted with the POI multiple times, all just brief interactions while crossing paths. He is not a nursing assistant, he works in patient transport. He has always been pleasant when I have seen him around. He does seem to work quite a bit as well, I would venture to guess close to full time. FYI, he is on the staff directory with a much better picture than that currently released but I am not sure I am allowed to release a picture from the directory so will not do so. I hope that the evidence from the car and the house provides more information; I would definitely hope that we respect due process and give the POI a chance to clear his name if he is not involved.

THANKS so much for this, and for joining. Please keep us informed as the investigation continues. JMO

GOOD SIMPLE possibilities...

add to them...

* He simply drops her off at 14th & Wertland on his way home to his apartment and she gets hit by a car and then gets taken away and the body and evidence removed.

* He takes her to his place to crash...and someone rapes and kills her and disposes of her body.

Honestly, I think we are back to square one. If they do not get any evidence soon from the apartment or car of Dreads they need to start looking at the only other <modsnip> on tape, WG. If dreads story is true, WG could have easily kept stalking HG. He honestly looks and acts more like a criminal than Dreads.

Attention!

This is the Hannah Elizabeth Graham thread. Any posts regarding Morgan Harrington, should be in Morgan's thread. If there comes a time the cases are connected, we'll work something else out. I am sure LE is looking into this possibility. But here, it's confusing discussing both cases on one thread.

Morgan Harrington
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...5541&highlight=morgan+harrington#post10985541

My post about DNA testing items from the POI had to do with items collected using the warrants, not going through trash.

It's possible that Dread's arm was around Hannah to help her walk and not as a sign of affection. I think he may have saw she was drunk just as the WG did and offered to help her and took advantage of her.

Him potentially having access to drugs (working in a hospital) and that being the reason HG and he met up is a strong possibility to me. I think it's naive btw to think that nowadays it's not possible to get them in a hospital b/c they're locked up and electronically monitored or whatever.

I was a UVA 18 yr old female student at one point in my life... Putting myself back in those shoes, I cannot imagine why she would have (seemingly) rushed to the Downtown Mall on her own at 1am. No one goes there for partying as an undergrad, and it's always been a little creepy at night. Meeting up for drugs is the only logical explanation to me.

As for the POI himself, wow, I'm really perplexed. He's apparently f/b friends with many people with whom I grew up in Cville. People who are very upstanding, and you can also see "Step Up" as a group he's part of on f/b. Supports sexual assault justice and prevention education. I'm just totally shocked and trying to figure out the discrepancy of both the facts (buying her drink, letting her go off alone according to him, etc), the very hard-to-ignore actual potential actions afterwards and these upstanding data points.
Ted Bundy- worked on a rape crisis hotline
Dennis Rader was a family man, a deacon and an animal control officer.
Gacy was a clown
That senator who molested his page. Worked on some committee that fought issues such as this.
Preachers who protest homosexuality who get arrested with male prostitutes....

A Helper, a seemingly caring guy (publicly) or a wolf in sheep's clothing?

I am really beginning to doubt that this POI is guilty of harming her.

This won't be popular, but some have argued that she seemed distressed in her walk around the city. Suicide can't be ruled out.

I agree that she looked stressed/distressed/disconnected. We can only hope that this person of interest can share some insights on her state of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves