VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have inspection stickers and sometimes county tags as well but those are placed on the front glass on the bottom passenger side, not on the passenger glass.

Since it was brought up that JM was a cab driver at one time, what do you think the chance is that he is working with Uber or Lyft? maybe he was picking up HG? THat is why he recognized her and or she recognized him? Does Uber and Lyft use some kind of social settings like pictures or gps?

That would make more sense then. Good observation

Even if that is the case, don't you find it hard to believe that they can't locate him from any other video cameras?

BBM. No, I don't find it hard to believe at all. LE can't find Hannah after a certain point either. The problem is that they cannot find JM or Hannah, either of them after the sighting they have of them together. Not good. If they had footage of JM walking around for the next half hour or so with just a few minutes gap from when he reportedly left Tempo, I don't think LE would be so hot on his trail. They can't trace where he went after Tempo when he left with Hannah. Some reports say they have video on his car, but I've not been able to verify that. The bottom line, is that JM doesn't show up on video after he allegedly left Hannah. Neither does Hannah. So they separately went their own ways, both off video footage? Possible. Yes, but understandably, LE wants to know where he went and try to verify it. Not so easy to lie about these thing these days since there is so much on film. Big problem if you don't show up on film where you said you went and there was a camera right there.

I got the same sense. His attitude at the pressers seems to have been "How much ******* evidence do we need to lock this guy up?"

The DA holds LE accountable. They will not proceed without substantial evidence, in order to protect the judicial process. They don't want to risk a mistrial. It's a frustrating tug of war.

Random thought time:

Can't help but think the Police might want to investigate the two sexual assaults that occurred the same weekend that HG went missing - one of them on the same night at practically the same location where HG texted someone saying she was lost. 14th and Wertland.

Report on sexual assaults:
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26576293/police-investigate-sexual-assault-incidents

Strange? Police have said there is no connection. But if that's the case, then this is probably the biggest coincidence of all time. What if the 'text' sent by HG was an attempt to bait her female friends to come out looking for her. Like I said, just a thought....

(BBM) Hannah disappeared in the early morning hours of Saturday 9/13. The sexual assaults occurred Sunday 9/14 and Monday 9/15. So, they could be related, but they did not occur the same night Hannah vanished.

I agree this is a pretty common tactic -- but why not just arrest him for buying alcohol for an underage person? Isn't that a serious enough offense to hold somebody on for a few days?

I don't believe that LE has stated that he bought her an alcoholic beverage.

Isn't that a sticker - like a registration or inspection sticker -- that's been blurred out? Can any Virginians say whether you all still have those? We don't in my state, but we used to in a state I used to live in.

Yeah we have inspection stickers that go on the windshield. Looks like his was out of date possibly. Anyway, some counties have stickers as well but most have gotten rid of them.

Since it was brought up that JM was a cab driver at one time, what do you think the chance is that he is working with Uber or Lyft? maybe he was picking up HG? THat is why he recognized her and or she recognized him? Does Uber and Lyft use some kind of social settings like pictures or gps?

If an Uber car showed up and it was that orange thing all taped together, I'd have a word with Uber!

The UVA Inter-Sorority Council runs an Informal Recruitment event during 8-22 September. HG was a second-year; making her eligible for recruitment. This is a fantastic lead that should be pursued.

I think she would have mentioned something about rushing, though, on her twitter. When you are going through all that, you are super excited and take a LOT of pictures. I was a sorority girl. I don't know much about the sororities at UVA, but no sorority here would have ever condoned or encouraged a girl to go off on a "mission" alone - whatever a pledge mission is.... I never had any pledge missions? Maybe things are different up there. Any kind of pledging stuff I was involved with would have included "girly" stuff like mascots, founders, the sororities' ideals and creed, or something relating to our philanthropy... Specifically sending a girl off into the night drunk and alone on a mission? Never encountered behavior like that even though I am sure it happens. This is just my experience..... and I do not think this has anything to do with sorority. IMO

(Also, sorority girls go EVERYWHERE together...)

Isn't that a sticker - like a registration or inspection sticker -- that's been blurred out? Can any Virginians say whether you all still have those? We don't in my state, but we used to in a state I used to live in.

Could it be an employee parking permit sticker from the hospital?

How fast was he going? This is the first time I've ever heard of a warrant out for someone's arrest over how fast they were driving. This, along with the story I read last night about the SWAT team raiding the home of the boys who did a Twitter parody of the Mayor of Peoria, have me disappointed about what a police state my homeland has become.

Thank you for the map. Is there by chance a link to a story or report? I was unaware of this.
I can't find any news reports. Check Charlottesvile PD crime reports or news releases. It happened in their jurisdiction not "on ground" of UVA.

Looks like someone shoved a screwdriver or something into passenger side window as if trying to break it.. Looks like chunks of glass missing jmo
At the bottom middle of passenger window

This is what I fear. I am praying that the direct, accusatory, emotional angle that LE is using is strategic, and doesn't backfire. Rather than treading lightly and not letting JM know that they're onto him.

They initially did try and fake him out. They released a video of him and pretended to not know that they had seen him walking with her, pretended that the POI was not on the tape. I guess they were hoping he would come to them after seeing himself on tape. When he didn't happen, they switched to being accusatory and hounding him, maybe hoping he would crack under the pressure So far that too seems to have been ineffective.

I agree this is a pretty common tactic -- but why not just arrest him for buying alcohol for an underage person? Isn't that a serious enough offense to hold somebody on for a few days?

DOn't know. We don't know whether he ordered the drinks, she was carded and had the proper id (albeit fake--a lot of those kids have fake id). She was drunk already or not functioning well, from what reports say. Also who knows what they ordered, maybe not a drink with alcohol. Also, the bartender or wait staff should have carded her unless he ordered a drink with alcohol just for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide