VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Zapped, I conducted my high tech forensic experiment. At your request, I held the black gloves in the strong sunlight, under different angles...they look black to me, no purple sheen imo with these particular gloves.

Did we solve the case, lol?

Full circle. Horrifying incident was LE coming in to seize car and search apartment. The media is joinng LE in firing up the torches and passing out the pitchforks. This sort of thing is inflammatory. Also putting out a wanted poster for reckless driving. Releasing his SSN. Even releasing his name. LE is playing hardball. I just hope they get the evidence because if they don't, it's going to sour a lot of people and for future cases, they are going to find it more difficult to get cooperation.

As I've been posting, I have felt that JM is looking pretty bad, but the way LE is behaving, he is starting to get my sympathy. And I have no time or patience or use for perps. Hate them. But I also believe due process needs to be followed.

Is the horrifying incident being the search and seizure your opinion, or did the landlady say that?

I can't help but continue to notice just how much he looks like MH's suspect. The mustache and all. It's alarmingly similar! Take away those dreads and there you have it. JMO.

I agree and a sketch artist can only be as good as a frightened fighting for your life in the dark victim can describe

If by even a small chance JM is innocent, his life has been pretty much hell on earth for the past few days.

Hey all.
After catching up, I just wanted to put in my opinions and observations.

Employment-
My biggest worry is that he is in healthcare. It is possible he is a contractor, or he may be employed by the hospital. Employees of a hospital have crazy background checks to go through. I've had more than one argument at work, because our contractors do not have to go through nearly as many hurdles as we do. The hospital hires a company that is responsible for filling 'x' amount of vacancies. They hire the employees, and send them to work where there is need. Many of these jobs are for surgical clean up. They are often referred to as Surgical Technicians.. People who are responsible for cleaning up after a surgery. Body parts/blood/bodily fluids/placenta etc.. IF that is the case, A person with two year of experience worries me. It would literally be his job to clean up and sanitize the aftermath of an operation. THAT worries me.

The UVA health center was asked to verify his employment today by one of the news stations and they did verify that he was employed by them (possible that they didn't distinguish between contractors and employees.. but I would think they probably would in this context). He is in patient transport.

"Photo date: 9-19-2014"?
They took a mugshot of him on Friday?

A lot of times when I visit customers, they make me take a picture before taking me any further beyond the front desk. They may do this at some police stations too, but that doesn't mean it's a mug shot per se.

There is no way to accidentally put a SSN on a wanted poster. First of all someone had to deliberately add that information to the poster, and I am sure the poster was checked and looked over and edited and modified multiple times before being released. This was another intentional 'tactic' by LE. What the purpose was...I have no idea.

I was thinking it was "accidently" on purpose...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 2m
Police remove two boxes of black disposable gloves from Jesse Matthew's apartment along with closed cars board box @WTOP

The gloves are interesting but can be totally innocent. They are a common items for use in hospital/medical settings (but not usually black). Many mechanics and hairdressers swear by these gloves to keep their hands clean during messy jobs. As a first responder, we have a box or two plus other scattered throughout the house and even in the glove compartment (although no black ones, the common or white blue ones).

I would like to know the origin of them and what reason he had them/used them. Could they have been bought from an auto supply shop or taken from the hospital? Did JLM often work on his car or painted items (which they are great for). He may have just taken the 2 empty boxes (marked gloves but empty) just to use the boxes. But unless JM talks, we have questions that need to be answered.

Although i am not a fan of him refusing to talk and fleeing, it seems he has support from people who have good things to say about him (including a poster from here who has been here from way before this case got in the news).

If he is innocent, I wish he would just talk to police and clear some issues up. He has people who are speaking up to say he is a good guy (from their interactions and impressions of him). The police have no reason to want to specifically target an innocent man. They want to rule the innocent people out so they can focus on finding the guilty. We all just want to find Hannah and right now he is impeding the investigation with his refusal to cooperate. It's not helping him and if he is innocent, I hate seeing his actions make this all worse than it has to be.

what are they thinking with this wanted poster? is that normal protocol for this??

They are thinking that they have no clue where this guy is, and they are panicked due to it.

He may have been smuggled out of there by some well meaning criminal friends of his, and be halfway to Texas by now.

fwiw, I don't think Sketch looks anything like JM. Identifying facial features that would stand out to a victim (who would describe for sketch artist) are totally off imo. JM's eyes are closely set, Sketch's are not. Nose is different, lips are different. Sketch looks much older (he's wanted for something that occurred several years ago as well so JM would have been even younger).

Anyway, not to get off topic, but I really don't think they look alike.

A very good question. The day before he was said to have come in voluntarily? Possible explanations?

Dunno. It was the day of the search warrants for his car and apartment. Maybe something to do with the car...are there mugshots taken for misdemeanors? JMO

OK, Zapped, I conducted my high tech forensic experiment. At your request, I held the black gloves in the strong sunlight, under different angles...they look black to me, no purple sheen imo with these particular gloves.

Did we solve the case, lol?

The searchers were using flashlights LED maybe ?? So no we didnt..haha

Re: gloves

I don't believe they were anything more than the ones law enforcement took into that apartment themselves to keep from getting their fingerprints all over the place. I have to use gloves a lot in my field and I've had the blue ones, black ones and purple ones but the purple ones are a very bright color, not something you could get confused with black.

I can't help but continue to notice just how much he looks like MH's suspect. The mustache and all. It's alarmingly similar! Take away those dreads and there you have it. JMO.

Yes and he did not have dreads in 2007 from the Taxi picture, so it is logical to believe he did not have them in 2005 when the sketch was made. AND now there is a wanted poster with his social security number and surely someone had to type that up. It is not part of a template.

So perhaps this afternoons DNA came back and he is MH's suspect? OMG!!!!!!! That would explain their wanton disregard for protocol.

:gasp:

I have to ask why his SSN (we call it National Insurance Number in the UK) would be put on a wanted poster in the first place!?

Bizzare (that word again!)

Won't end well either way for JM, unfortunately.

Not so sure this is all "accidental" anymore.

IF he lawyered up they will NOT be able to question him about HG (If he is represented at this point)....

Untrue. Think of the Casey Anthony case when she was arrested. On the highway. She had counsel by then.

They can ask all they want whether represented or not, until he invokes. Then they can't. Each new arrest brings the opportunity to ask him if he will talk this time.

Usually those are salon gloves. I buy them to dye my hair, and my Sister in law has a ton too lol.

You can buy medical-type latex disposable gloves from Walmart to use when doing certain things like cleaning cat litter (just an example). My mom went through an OCD-ish "anti-germ" phase where she would buy those latex gloves LOL!

Can we stop talking about the gloves? If they were evidence, they would have been taken out of the apartment in a paper bag/evidence bag. They are obviously the LE's gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15