Match! VA - Haymarket, WhtFem 468UFVA, 13-21, Feb'82 *Cynthia Gastelle*

I am so glad this girl was ID'd . Great job! I am shocked or stunned really. It just seemed like she was never going to be and then she was !

I wonder if she is a victim of john crutchley.

I hope their is a way to investigate her murder now that we know who she is. It somehow seems wrong for her to been waiting for her name back all these years and have that be the end things.

YAY! that's fantastic.

It's so nice to see sleuthers hard work to help send someone home and give someone back their name.

Great job, Zinc, Chaddy and Carlk!!:woohoo:!

Incredible story and incredible work, guys!!!!

Congratulations on solving a case. Never let it be said that websleuths is just about entertainment. Websleuthers actually do solve cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys should feel very proud. Thanks to you, the wondering of a family is finally over.

Now, hopefully, they can find out what happened to this poor girl.

Way to go guys! Events like this are why I love this place so much. Keep on bringing them home! :rocker:

Great Job! Congratulations to all of you!

Another article

Cynthia Joan Gastelle homicide: Remains ID'd as woman missing 32 years

2011329200045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Cynthia Joan Gastelle, 18, was reported her missing on April 3, 1980. (Photo: Prince William County Police Dept.)

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/06/cynthia-joan-gastelle-homicide-remains-id-d-as-woman-missing-32-years-76911.html

Maybe someone could do an age progression on Mike.

Gastelle+Case.jpg

Now police are investigating the case as a homicide. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 866-411-TIPS.

Mike may not even be a suspect-LE probably needs to simply rule him out or have him help with others she may have been hanging out with.

I was watching an episode of Forensic Files, on Saturday night. It was about a Murder in VA Beach VA. Any who, the investigator who spoke about the murder was Paul Yoakam, the one who was in charge of this case. It was to put a face with a name.

Thank you, Carl and chaddylex. I am profoundly grateful that you two stepped up and made contact with investigators. I doubt we'll ever find out whether it was in fact Carl's initial phone call almost a year and a half ago that led them to finally collect Cynthia Joan Gastelle's family's DNA after 30 years, but I can't say I care much at the moment.

Zinc, know I am a little late with this thank you, but hey since you stepped up to the plate so long after this girl was missing why can't I? You are a hero. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back