GUILTY VA - John Allen Muhammad, sniper murders in VA, MD, 2002 *Lee Boyd Malvo re-sentence granted 2022*

AG Curtis Hill leads 15 states supporting Virginia’s sentencing of D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo

June 22, 2019

"Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill is supporting Virginia’s sentencing of D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo. In 2002, Lee Boyd Malvo and a co-conspirator unleashed a wave of terror in the Washington D.C. area — killing 10 people and wounding multiple others in sniper attacks. Malvo, who was 17 at the time he perpetrated these killings, was sentenced by a jury in 2004 to life without parole....

Malvo’s case is now before the U.S. Supreme Court. In support of Virginia’s defense of Malvo’s original sentence, Attorney General Curtis Hill has filed an amicus curiae brief on behalf of Indiana and 14 other states explaining that the Supreme Court’s Eighth Amendment decisions do not require state sentencing bodies to use the magic words “permanent incorrigibility” when sentencing juveniles to life without parole."

AG Curtis Hill leads 15 states supporting Virginia’s sentencing of D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo – World News

Justices' DC Sniper Case Examines Teen Murderers' Sentences

September 24, 2019

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Lee Boyd Malvo, who terrorized the Washington region in 2002 as one-half of a sniper team, is at the center of a case the Supreme Court will hear this fall. But the justices’ eventual ruling probably will mean less for him than for a dozen other inmates who, like the now-34-year-old Malvo, were sentenced to life without parole for murders they committed as teens....

Regardless of the case’s outcome, Malvo isn’t leaving prison anytime soon. He’s serving four life-without-parole sentences in Virginia. He was sentenced to another six life life-without-parole terms for shootings in Maryland. But an appeals court ruled last year that Malvo should be resentenced in Virginia, the decision the Supreme Court will review....

The case is Mathena v. Malvo, 18-217 ."

Justices' DC Sniper Case Examines Teen Murderers' Sentences
---

Mathena v. Malvo, 18-217

Docket for 18-217
---

dc-sniper-victims.jpg

Victims
Keenya Nicole Cook, 21 [2/16/2002 Tacoma, WA]
Jerry Taylor, 60 [3/18/2002 Tucson, AZ]
John Gaeta, 50 [8/1/2002 Hammond, LA] (survived)
Paul LaRuffa, 55 [9/5/2002 Clinton, MD] (survived)
Million A. Waldemariam, 41 [9/21/2002 Atlanta, GA] (no picture)
Claudine Lee Parker, 52 [9/21/2002 Montgomery, AL]
Kellie Adams, 24 [9/21/2002 Montgomery, AL] (survived)
Hong Im Ballenger, 45 [9/23/2002 Baton Rouge, LA]
James Martin, 55 [10/2/2002 Wheaton, MD]
James L. Buchanan, 39 [10/3/2002 Rockville, MD]
Premkumar Walekar, 54 [10/3/2002 Aspen Hill, MD]
Sarah Ramos, 34 [10/3/2002 Norbeck, MD]
Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera, 25 [10/3/2002 Kensington, MD]
Pascal Charlot, 72 [10/3/2002 Washington, DC]
Caroline Seawell, 42 [10/4/2002 Spotsylvania, VA] (survived)
Iran Brown, 13 [10/7/2002 Bowie, MD] (survived)
Dean Harold Meyers, 53 [10/9/2002 Prince William County, VA]
Kenneth Bridges, 53 [10/11/2002 Spotsylvania, VA]
Linda Franklin, 47 [10/14/2002 Fairfax County, VA]
Jeffrey Hopper, 37 [10/19/2002 Ashland, VA] (survived)
Conrad Johnson, 35 [10/22/2002 Aspen Hill, MD]

Last edited:
I just saw a notice that an 8-part series, I, Sniper, will be premiering on Vice channel tomorrow, May 10th at 10:00 p.m. (presumably EST).

I've long been curious about some crimes that were committed in California within the time-frame of their Washington state to back East road trip, and if they were responsible.

High court could determine DC sniper's fate

Almost 20 years after convicted DC sniper Lee Boyd Malvo terrorized Maryland and Virginia in a killing spree that left 10 people dead, Malvo is eligible for parole.

Virginia law no longer allows juvenile's to serve life sentences without parole. Malvo was 17 at the time of the killings. His co-defendant, John Allen Muhammad, was executed seven years after the killing spree.

Malvo is currently serving four life sentences in Virginia and, if paroled, will begin serving six consecutive life sentences in Maryland.

Maryland's Court of Appeals has agreed to examine Malvo's case and will hear arguments in January.

Thanks for the update. I personally hope he never gets out.

As a resident of Maryland I totally agree.
It was not a fun time when this happened, not knowing who was next and being led to believe it was probably a white van. Think about the number of white vans on the road.

As far as I’m concerned he doesn’t deserve a new trial.

I hope he doesn’t escape this time, he was found in ductwork after being placed in interrogation room after arrest.

Jmo

I might’ve missed this, but did they ever identify that one Los Angeles victim killed in February or March 2002?

The court ordered that Malvo be resentenced, but no date has been set.

Malvo is at Red Onion State Prison in Virginia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back