VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

We just heard from the producers of the show Disappeared. Katelin Akens will be featured on May 7th at 9 pm ET. They want us to continue sending them cases, so please send to my email. themissingaware@gmail.com Please SHARE!! #theawarefoundation

We just heard from the producers of the show Disappeared. Katelin Akens will be featured on May 7th at 9 pm ET. They want us to continue sending them cases, so please send to my email. themissingaware@gmail.com Please SHARE!! #theawarefoundation

I'm so glad that they're doing an episode on her! And if I'm correct, it's the first episode of the new season? So hopefully a lot of people will be seeing it ! Time for some answers Miss Katelin!

OT: for those who are also following Heather Ciccone's case, there's new info.

http://wtvr.com/2017/03/20/heather-ciccone-murder-update/
The Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office will release a press release Tuesday to announce two arrests in the unsolved murder, Crime Insider sources tell Jon Burkett.

That is great news! Been waiting so long to see this headline can't wait for the press release!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT: for those who are also following Heather Ciccone's case, there's new info.

http://wtvr.com/2017/03/20/heather-ciccone-murder-update/
The Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office will release a press release Tuesday to announce two arrests in the unsolved murder, Crime Insider sources tell Jon Burkett.
How wonderful! Looks like LE was keeping everything completely quiet while they pursued the people responsible. I'm glad she's finally getting some justice. This gives me hope for Katelin!

How wonderful! Looks like LE was keeping everything completely quiet while they pursued the people responsible. I'm glad she's finally getting some justice. This gives me hope for Katelin!

Yes, I hope LE can solve Katlin's case soon

Yes, I hope LE can solve Katlin's case soon

I have hope, but MOO, they're not going to have answers until they search a certain persons property. Even then, there's been so much time wasted that most likely any kind of evidence has probably been destroyed 😕

I have hope, but MOO, they're not going to have answers until they search a certain persons property. Even then, there's been so much time wasted that most likely any kind of evidence has probably been destroyed 😕

If what was published recently is true, I don't understand how they cannot get a search warrant. I've seen some issued just because they were Fb friends. What is the burden of probable cause if everything we've learned recently is true? Search the car, the house,and the property for Jiminy's sake! This is so disheartening.

If what was published recently is true, I don't understand how they cannot get a search warrant. I've seen some issued just because they were Fb friends. What is the burden of probable cause if everything we've learned recently is true? Search the car, the house,and the property for Jiminy's sake! This is so disheartening.

Not to get all conspiracy theorist but I do wonder if this certain individual has any political or business clout in the area? I just can't come up with any other logical reason why they still have not secured a search warrant... :thinking:

Disappeared are doing an episode on katelin in a few weeks fingers crossed this helps being her home

Wow this girl is still missing?!

I lived about 15 min away from Springfield Mall when this happened and only saw a very short story in the local Patch about it. Went to the net to investigate further and not many stories to be found. Found it odd that I had not seen any posters or more news stories except that her luggage had been found in a ditch which made me think oh noes! But not much media attention so sadly forgot about it.

Now that I have combed through the fb, webslueths and Internet feel somewhat caught up but still baffled.

When this first happened why did the family not bring more attention to where she was "last seen"? Living in that area as I said all is saw was a short story in the local paper I would have missed had I not been bored and looking for something to read. But no fliers, local news had nothing even local fb had not a peep and I have friends all over nova, I get links to missing people and animals all the time, but not this one.

Most of what I found when I first read this story was the girlfriend or as she was commonly referred to "the roommate" put out there. And as a follow up to that why the misinformation about the girlfriend to begin with?

Whole thing is just weird. I get wanting to keep thing quiet at first in a way but just seems that it was kept too quiet leafing me to wonder. Does LE actually know what happened? Initially reading I didn't doubt SD's story till the luggage thing came out, then was like yep it's him, figured he was charged and that's why locally it dropped off into oblivion. Evidently as Dissappeared is doing an episode I guess not.

Katelin's episode of Disappeared, titled "Flight Risk," will air on the ID Channel this Sunday (May 7) at 9/8c: https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...ason-premiering-with-milestone-100th-episode/

In December 2015, the future couldn’t look brighter for nineteen-year-old Katelin Akens. She has a devoted fiancée in Arizona, a loving family in Central Virginia, and is excited to start beauty school in the coming days. But then, during a quick trip back east to meet her brand new nephew, everything changes. On route to the airport, Katelin makes an unexpected stop at a local shopping mall…and vanishes. News of Katelin’s disappearance devastates her family and rocks their peaceful community. Determined to solve the mystery, police investigate Katelin’s loved ones at length and start to suspect that someone close to Katelin may know more than they’re saying.

I'm so glad Disappeared is stepping in. I wonder how they get involved? Does family or LE have to invite them or can they just grab any case they want? Nonetheless I'm glad our girl will get some airtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad Disappeared is stepping in. I wonder how they get involved?

This is speculative, but I think this time around The AWARE Foundation made them aware of this case, based on their post here: https://www.facebook.com/theawarefoundation/posts/791811444303958

It looks like The AWARE Foundation has been working with Katelin's family to raise awareness of her disappearance; they held an event together at the local Hobby Lobby last July, distributing flyers, etc. (It's briefly mentioned in this article.)

I think you have to contact disappeared and can do so through the website, although it may look like the family haven't done much I belive they have tried most things as there disposal and have found it very hard to get attention on this case.
the crime daily show did a piece on it but seemed to me like they just painted katelin in a bad light I've followed this case from beginning and have read and been told a lot of things that have been done to try bring her home I'm a big fan on disappeared and hope they do the case justice and finally bring katelin home
#findkatelin

I do not have cable therefore I cannot watch Katelin's Disappeared episode. Will someone please update if there is anything new? Thank you!!

I am watching. Lots of pictures. I don't remember the fine details, so I am not sure what is new information.

New things, to me, said on Disappeared... Mom, or was it Aunt, knew Heather from work????
And the little tryst with the other couple right before she went missing.

Talking about step dad now. He refused to take LDT.

Disappeared...the detective just said stepdad's vehicle never appeared on any mall security cameras or any other security cameras from airport or metro station.
I thought previous reports stated LE verified he was in the area of the mall that day?
And now stepdad refused to take polygraph so they got a search warrant to search his property, I don't remember this, does anyone else?

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back