VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

Wait, I thought it said she told her brother, and he told the ex-husband, no?

You are correct, Leyla told her brother, and her brother told her ex:

Namiranian's brother says he spoke to her the Sunday before she vanished, according to the Richmond Times Dispatch. The paper reports that Namiranian's brother told her ex-husband that she was planning to meet up with a man she met online. Namiranian's ex-husband, Babak Namiranian, in Washington state had called her brother in Italy, informing him of her disappearance, according to the paper.

Given the information we currently have, I don't think her ex is involved in her disappearance. Right now the internet mystery man is at the top of my suspect list. :moo:

I did misread that. I do doubt the ex husband is involved.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...and-missing-midlothian-womans-fat-ar-1838708/

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Missing Midlothian woman's father comes to Richmond

Chesterfield County police spokeswoman Elizabeth Caroon said Thursday that the investigation was ongoing but would not discuss its progress or say whether investigators were talking with Leyla's father.

"We're not going to confirm any contact that we may have had with the family," Caroon said.

There is a photo gallery for Leyla at the link.

I hope the man that this woman met online and then (I assume) in person didn't do something bad to her. It seems very strange that she didn't call in to work that she wouldn't be there, or tell anyone that she was going somewhere. I have a bad feeling about this. I just pray that she is OK but it doesn't sound likely. (Unless she had a mental breakdown or something.)

Her work place arranged for her father to come out here from Italy!! That shows the kind of person she is and that they are going above and beyond to help her!!!

Her workplace is about 2 miles from my house. It's a very nice area. Though it appears we know she made it home from work last Wednesday.

A quick map with her home and business location noted. Her home neighborhood looks like a nice place to live! This is my first map making so I hope it works.
I found two home addresses for her in Midlothian *Chesterfield* VA. The address on KERRI COVE CT #301 may be an old address. Listed it on the map as well.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...=0.15402,0.328217&iwloc=0004bd868c43836b72e4f

In doing an address search for her - I found her listed (likely her, but could be another Leyla) at several TX addresses. I had read that she has family (a sister?) in TX.

New picture from the newest Time Dispatch article.
r0413-miss-namiranian-2jpg

What a beautiful and warm smile!

Her ex-husband has numerous addresses listed in TX as well. He has had the Midlothian, VA address under his name. I can also see that he has listed a WA address.

She lives down the street from us. I have not seen any police activity, search parties or anything like that. I think her father flying in will help to keep the investigation alive.

It is possible that someone she knew gained her trust via online and pretending to be someone else.

New picture from the newest Time Dispatch article.
r0413-miss-namiranian-2jpg

What a beautiful and warm smile!

Thanks redsky, it's nice to see a smiling pic of Leyla! She looks so serious in her DL pic (which they used for the initial articles), but this looks more like the warm, wonderful lady being described in the media.

It's interesting that she is apparently divorced from her ex-husband but has apparently kept his name. I've seen this happen before, but usually it is due to mutual children. Does she have children? (sorry if I missed pertinent info)

I don't find it odd that she might mention to her ex that she was meeting someone online, especially if they are on good terms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back