Identified! VA - Lorton, Male remains, 30s-40s, Jul'10 - Manuel Mireles-Garcia

On a side note, this company is also on Furnace Road in Lorton:

http://www.bodetech.com/

They're actually located right in between where both bodies were found. Weird, huh?

I don't know. I work with a lot of refugees and resettled persons who come to America from all over the globe. I agree that different cultures have different styles of dress and some prefer more vibrant clothing, but I still just think these seem like the clothes of a younger person. Just a hunch, and I could be wrong.

Not necessarily young. Other cultures have different ideas of what's age appropriate and Ive seen Middle Eastern men dress fairly colorfully at times, when they're being casual or "sporty."

The evil eye charm is seen throughout the Middle East, not just Turkey. You see it in just about every country, including Israel. It's a charm against the evil eye and is used all around the Mediterranean. You'd also see it used in Gypsy culture.

The 2nd body that they found isn't really all that close to the first one. It's 2 miles away, but more importantly it's on the other side not just of I-95 but also Route 1. The first body was found in an area that's by the old Lorton prison grounds, most of which has been converted into parkland, and would be deserted at night. The 2nd body was found in an area that goes into neighborhoods closer to the Potomac River.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 1st body was a hit and run - his body was found not too far from where Furnace Road branches off of Lorton Road. I see people bicycle along Lorton Road all the time, and it's narrow and winding. There are narrow, deep ditches along either side. It wouldn't be hard to get winged by someone on either road, and stagger a bit only to die. Then again, yeah it could be a dump job but why wouldn't they go a little deeper into the woods?

I have to agree that this is likely a hit and run, as it is on a dark road that has very little on it besides a couple of waste management sites and a couple of businesses and houses. It is a cut through for many though to get from Route 1 to 123 and neighborhoods off of Furnace & Lorton Roads.

Interesting about the business located there. That is not one I knew about.

Interesting, in looking at my posts from the other thread, that these are the brothers that I mentioned as possibly connecting these two cases.

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at this thread and what I found curious was their reference to the deceased being a man of European descent, with the other possible mixes.

when I think of European I think of someone who was actually from Europe as opposed to white people in general who trace their ancestry to Europe. I'd be curious to know what they meant by "European".

as for the mixture of race/ancestry there are tons of east Asians in the UK and the next largest group (I think) are in the Netherlands from their former colonies in the east and in Suriname.

Hispanics as we know them are uncommon in Europe outside of Spain where some have moved for better job prospects and common language.

Another mix of European and other blood is in Brazil.

Little late with a reply, I know, but I just thought I'd attempt to clarify the European thing!

In Anthropology today, we are taught that it is more 'politically correct' to use the terms European-, African- and Asian-descent. The Caucasian/Negroid/Mongoloid terms are only mentioned in a 'don't even think about referring to people in this way' kind of way. If that makes any sense at all...

So European = anyone 'white' whose ancestry therefore makes them European. African is fairly self-explainatory, and Asian includes anyone from the Indian sub-continent also. Hope that helps in future!

(Also, we are not meant to say 'race' any more... We are meant to say 'ancestral affinity' or 'ancestral origin'.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back