VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not a city I have ever lived in that didn't have a problem with crime. When I leave this area, I'm sure I'll move to another city that also has a crime problem.

In anything it's always so easy to point out where people go wrong. It's even easier to jump in with what you (meaning anyone) would have done right from the beginning and how much better your way would have been. Everyone does it. It's alot more challenging to give people credit for what they are doing. It's also a lot more productive, since when people know that they have support they do a lot better than they do when they know that everyone hates them or thinks they're doing a terrible job.

If pigsticker is an officer, I can't blame him/her for being annoyed with some of what is posted here, I would be too.

No, I'm not a police officer - here or anywhere else. Nor are any of my relatives. I do know many people, and some are or are affiliated with the police. No, I don't know pigsticker either (well, I might, but since I have no idea who it is - I'm going with I don't know them at all). I'd actually make a pretty horrible officer since I'm not a very tolerant person at all.

Since not all the information about this murder is known, not one of us can sit in judgement saying how horrible they're doing their jobs because realistically none of us know. I had hoped there'd be an arrest sooner, but it's evident that this isn't a simple open and shut thing. If it had happened to someone in my family, I'd like to think that I'd be patient as well, not having ever been in that situation though I can't say.

What I do know for sure is constantly saying how bad the Portsmouth Police are hasn't solved anything yet, nor will it ever.

It is sad it sometimes takes the police so long to arrive to a call however heres another dose of reality for you...calls are given priority based on information the dispatcher gets from the caller, the call goes out asap however if the police are tied up on other calls for service they cant magically appear. Nevermind the fact that most shifts are understaffed and God forbid its shift change then you have units from one area trying to cover their area plus the area that just got off...sorry if thats harsh but thats just how it is...

Pigsticker, I wasn't complaining about them taking fifteen minutes. I was just telling what happened. I realize there are things going on in the city that may take precedence. I was commenting on the lack of professionalism, respect or experience that the two officers that were sent showed. I realize that a couple idiots doesn't make the whole dept. idiots but I'm not going to pretend I have confidence in them when I don't.

I admire your loyalty pigsticker. Being a police officer is not a job I would want or want anyone in my family to have. It's dangerous (whether you're pulling a car over for speeding or making a drug bust).

Personally, I would like to think I could hold the PD to a higher standard than the average Joe Blow.

Mmmmbrownies, thanks for bringing up Newport News. I was thinking the same thing but didn't have anything concrete like a link to post to back it up.

BigMike,
I got a chill when you mentioned the name Joe Evans. My older sister dated one of his brothers. The story I always heard (and it probably originated with Joe) was that he didn't do it. He did go to jail though but I think it might have been for drugs.

Another thing pigsticker, I don't need you or anyone else to give me a dose of reality. You don't know me. Just believe me when I say that I know what reality is. It's smacked me in the face too many times not to know. I may have spoken poorly about the PPD but I've tried to be polite to you.

I have a very good and realistic reason to view the PPD the way I do. I posted it but then deleted it because it's very personal and I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why I feel the way I do about them.

I hope you're right. I hope they're on the case and they're gonna figure it out. Go PPD!!:Banane47:

How much investigative training have you had? How many forensic schools have you been too? How many crimes have you investigated? How many crimes have you prosecuted in a court of law? I havent had time to read all you posts however I am curious as too what you have done to expose whats wrong in the investigation...

Pigsticker- and I have to say the "what's in a name" Shakespeare line applies here. Perhaps you SHOULD take the time to read my posts, if you are the genius sleuth you are portraying, you would already know the answer to your own questions. :doh:

I can tell you that your peers, and the LE that you are taking it upon yourself to speak for, do not appreciate the combative posture you are taking. You are perpetuating myths for some, which is counterproductive.
So again, I quote..
.."He doth protest too much.."

Another thing pigsticker, I don't need you or anyone else to give me a dose of reality. You don't know me. Just believe me when I say that I know what reality is. It's smacked me in the face too many times not to know. I may have spoken poorly about the PPD but I've tried to be polite to you.

I have a very good and realistic reason to view the PPD the way I do. I posted it but then deleted it because it's very personal and I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to why I feel the way I do about them.

I hope you're right. I hope they're on the case and they're gonna figure it out. Go PPD!!:Banane47:
LB-
you do not owe Pig or anyone else an explanation, good for you.
You have been an advocate for this child from the first day,and she is lucky, as we are, for your commitment to answers and justice.
My very deepest love and respect for you :)

Ohh I bet it's going to happen. lol

If the PPD is so damn great, why has this child's murder gone cold?

Why hasn't there been an arrest?

Why has it taken a rumored 8 weeks to get back the DNA?

I think we can all see pigsticker just wants to fight. Let's all be bigger people than that and just ignore him/her. I would hate for a longtime WSer to get a time out or banned because someone wants to pick a fight and get the thread off topic. We are here to discuss Meghan and find out what happened to her. Unfortunately pigsticker wants to take everyones attention, time and effort away from her and have it for him/herself. Personally I find this attention seeking indefensible and hope everyone joins me in ignoring him/her. We need to get back to finding out what happened to Meghan.

OK so back to the DNA. I heard, through the grapevine, it was a very bloody crime? Do we know if it was done? and when it will be back if it was done? I know who I think did it but I guess he was cleared. Are there any other POI's yet??

I WOULD NOT call him cleared. The DNA does not match the , I understand it was an extremely bloody crime scene

So do you think it was a hit he arranged? She was set to testify against him the next day right? I wonder if he got one of his military buddies to do this for him.

Men are the know it all's on these threads. :doh:

Um, not to throw gas on the fire and fan the flames... but I'm a man, and I do read everything I write twice to make sure that it's minimally offensive, as factual as I can find, and I try pretty hard to avoid a know-it-all-*advertiser censored**hole attitude. I even check spelling and grammar. :)

Don't let the name fool you - everyone likes brownies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid