Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this perp could be anywhere, but I ran across an interesting article on the "East Coast Rapist"...I don't believe he has been captured yet. A composite drawing of him is at the link, click on Evidence Gallery. I am not sure if there's much similarity between the two or not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/03/15/DI2010031502097.html

Two of those sketches look like the same person in the sketch just released in Morgan's case to me.

I agree, the two sketches look very similar. And to the person(s) who brought up the East Coast Rapist -- I would like to assume that a DNA comparison was done in the 2005 assault. Too much to hope for? What do you think? Also, I wish I knew what the other victims look like, to see if this cretin has a "type" he goes after. I wish we could figure out what he does for a living -- and -- I think, at this point (if they haven't done so already), there should be a group that specifically looks into all cases of missing young women in the east coast area. How do we know this perpetrator wasn't in South Carolina at any point? The truth is, we don't know where he has been. I am not surprised the farmer did not recognize him, because I think he is skillful at altering his look. Also, I think he is adept at sizing up opportunities to keep hidden when committing his heinous deeds -- for example -- finding a remote, hidden area in the dark of night on a rural farm

I do not feel comfortable posting the link in public. But I did email the VSP.

Look up the sex offenders in the Charlottesville area and you should find the person too. My fiance and I things he's a dead ringer for the sketch, and lives near the John Paul Jones arena. He was convicted of a high misdemeanor sexual battery, so his DNA might not be on file.

I bet the police already interviewed and ruled out all the sex offenders in the area, however. But the resemblance, to me, is uncanny.

Just a few thoughts:

They said that they have had the DNA identification for "awhile" and withheld it .... perhaps they were checking DNA databanks in neighboring states

I think this guy would have been pretty obvious at a Metallica concert so I'm wondering if he was in the 7-11 where MH was seen on Ivy Rd and followed her back to JPJ and snatched her, hit her hard enough to stun her, threw her purse out the window and split.

I really would like to think that LE has been canvassing the area around Grady where the t-shirt was found. There are a number of streets in that area that are predominately african-american. POI seems too old to be associated with students but could live/work in the university area.

I'm convinced that the DNA was on the t-shirt.

LE needs to re-emphasize the missing pieces of MH's effects, the necklace, camera, other things that LE have held back. The POI did something with the missing items. If he got rid of the shirt, then he probably got rid of other items, too.

I want the Harringtons to put this guy's face on billboards all over the state.

I think he is long gone from that place, and it scares me deeply to think about where he might be right now. No doubt he's gone underground for a while and/or headed to another state. Somehow he is able to support himself -- I wonder if he has committed various sorts of robberies and/or drug sales for income. If he deals in crime as a way of life, would any of his fellow criminals report him? I hope police up and down the east coast are on the look out for him. I'm going now to look up sex offenders in Charlottesville. And I'm praying he doesn't read sites like this one -- he frightens me.

First page, a little less than half way down -- is it too much to assume he has been checked out?

But wait, the authorities would already have DNA for all sex offenders, right?

IMO, he will not be too nearby. They need to widen the search and get his face all over the place - billboards, newspapers, posters. He most likely has changed his appearance and his routine. Someone who knows him should be able to piece it together - if they are aware. I'm just not sure it is someone with intimate knowledge of the farm and hope they aren't focusing entirely on that.

There have to be other victims of this monster.

Lord, please let him be caught soon.

One with the initials H.R. bears a resemblence with the hairline, nose, etc. His work place is on Grady Ave and he lives south of Charlottesville.

Do you know if a DNA sample is taken from offenders? If so, wouldn't that rule out anyone in the prison system or who has been in prison?

I see some resemblance with that man, too.

I would think if the perpetrator has ever been incarcerated, they would have already matched his DNA to Morgan's t shirt ......... ?

Have LE been able to definitively prove this creep is African American? His features look like he could have some Asian blood in him, maybe even Middle Eastern. Also, something about his hair doesn't look traditionally AA to me.

I'm so relieved there has finally been a break in this case - I was beginning to think it would never be solved. I agree, this creep's picture, and variations on it to account for the passing of five years, need to be distributed all over and not just in Virginia but all over the east coast. I'd be willing to bet he's currently not in Virginia, but in some other east coast state.

I'm thinking/hoping that this person IS a fool enough to be here...another thought I had. If this perp attacked a woman while walking, it kind of goes hand in hand with the thought of him being underage/without a car at the time of the 2005 assault. Now the perp is mobile. =P I have faith that he will be caught soon now that we have something to go on. Great work on the SO's.

I was looking at a few possibles here (Virginia Wanted SOs), and some of them does not seem to have their DNA on file.
It says "DNA: NEEDED".

Off-topic: My apologies for breaking TOS in my last post, everyone is here for Morgan and I didn´t mean to be rude to anyone.

Have LE been able to definitively prove this creep is African American? His features look like he could have some Asian blood in him, maybe even Middle Eastern. Also, something about his hair doesn't look traditionally AA to me.

I'm so relieved there has finally been a break in this case - I was beginning to think it would never be solved. I agree, this creep's picture, and variations on it to account for the passing of five years, need to be distributed all over and not just in Virginia but all over the east coast. I'd be willing to bet he's currently not in Virginia, but in some other east coast state.

If they have his DNA, then they can tell his race - but only through a separate, expensive and very controversial test.

Here's some articles relating to said testing:

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/magazine/16-01/ps_dna

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/10/dnaprint?currentPage=all

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-08-16-dna_x.htm

Hey guys, it seems as though they only collect DNA on sex offenders who were convicted of FELONIES.

The guy I'm looking at, and about whom I informed VSP, was convicted of a high misdemeanor sexual battery, so his DNA might not be on file.

If they have his DNA, then they can tell his race - but only through a separate, expensive and very controversial test.

Here's some articles relating to said testing:

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/magazine/16-01/ps_dna

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2007/10/dnaprint?currentPage=all

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-08-16-dna_x.htm

Thanks SkewedView. If the test for determining race is separate and expensive, I doubt they've done such a test (though hopefully they will now). They probably are saying he is AA based on the testimony of his previous victim, and her impression of him.

So, there isn't any way we can be certain that the DNA of all sex offenders has been taken. Double darn. Thanks for your help all!!

I hope they catch this perp soon. There have been numerous unsolved sexual assaults in our neck of the woods, Fairfax County, in the past five years. Most women were walking from or to the metro or a shopping center, some just coming home from work.

It bothers me that LE said awhile ago that they felt the people in the area, and around the college in particular, had no need to worry.
With this man running around on the loose I damn well bet they do have something to worry about.

This is a repeat sexual offender that just took it up a notch with silencing a witness to his rape.

Thanks SkewedView. If the test for determining race is separate and expensive, I doubt they've done such a test (though hopefully they will now). They probably are saying he is AA based on the testimony of his previous victim, and her impression of him.

I hope they will do that test now especially with him being tied to the murder of Morgan.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member