Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of the first news reports...
According to a news release sent out Thursday morning, State Police say forensic evidence found during the investigation into the disappearance and death of the Roanoke County Virginia Tech student Harrington, confirmed the link to the Fairfax case.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...ngton_case_and_2005_fairfax_abduction/108967/

Forensic evidence it could be fibers maybe, but my guess is they tested the rape kit and found a DNA match with DNA on Morgan's shirt. Fibers would not be in a data base, DNA will.

I haven't seen it mentioned in recent days, there are reports that all available security videos are being reexamined since this latest development.

Forensic evidence could be anything from dna to finger prints, to shoe prints to a piece of rope that identically matches at both crimes, it could be excat same manner of attack, the exact same illegal drug at both (same batch).

Also keep in mind, the suspect in the 2005 case is listed as wanted in connection with Morgan's dissappearance; they haven't said her murder.

What else could it be but DNA? I don't understand. If they are linking the cases it has to be some solid evidence such as DNA.

Whatever the evidence is came from the tee shirt, I don't think it was a fingerprint. It was either touch DNA or body fluids/DNA.

In this article, they're talking about the Cville Serial Rapist.....but they already have 500 voluntary swaps of people from that case here!!! Glad we know they did try that in that case.

"Along the way to the conviction, the case triggered a scandal of sorts that Virginia State Police may be hoping to avoid in the Morgan Harrington investigation. In 2003, after eight of his victims described their assailant as a black man, and after a composite was released— which would later prove to look almost nothing like Washington’s mugshot— Charlottesville police began asking African American men in Charlottesville to voluntarily submit to a “buccal swab,” in which a DNA sample is collected from inside the mouth.
More than 500 men eventually got swabbed, such a broad net that critics cried foul— including one man who sued a Charlottesville detective for $15,000— claiming it was impossible to know for sure whether the attacker was actually African American, or if he might have some other dark-skinned ancestry, such as Middle Eastern or Latino, among others.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear/#more-35437

In this article, they're talking about the Cville Serial Rapist.....but they already have 500 voluntary swaps of people from that case here!!! Glad we know they did try that in that case.

"Along the way to the conviction, the case triggered a scandal of sorts that Virginia State Police may be hoping to avoid in the Morgan Harrington investigation. In 2003, after eight of his victims described their assailant as a black man, and after a composite was released— which would later prove to look almost nothing like Washington’s mugshot— Charlottesville police began asking African American men in Charlottesville to voluntarily submit to a “buccal swab,” in which a DNA sample is collected from inside the mouth.
More than 500 men eventually got swabbed, such a broad net that critics cried foul— including one man who sued a Charlottesville detective for $15,000— claiming it was impossible to know for sure whether the attacker was actually African American, or if he might have some other dark-skinned ancestry, such as Middle Eastern or Latino, among others.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear/#more-35437

If another case had a White suspect, should all Whites volunteer their DNA?

Plus, this suspect could be foreign anyways. First, they should determine which country he is likely from, and then consider possible motives. Maybe they already know, but political correctness prevents them from saying anything against a foreigner.

The beautiful, shiny, loving Morgan Dana Harrington was a true original. She brought much joy and fun to family and friends for 20 years. Her light and potential were extinguished when she was abducted from a Metallica concert 10/17/09 in Charlottesville Virginia. Morgan’s skeletonized body was found at Anchorage Farm, Albemarle County on 1/26/10. The person(s) responsible remain at large, presumably still in the Charlottesville area. We ask that any information that might help in the investigation of this case be directed to: Virginia State Police tip line (434) 352-3467.
http://findmorgan.com/

The beautiful, shiny, loving Morgan Dana Harrington was a true original. She brought much joy and fun to family and friends for 20 years. Her light and potential were extinguished when she was abducted from a Metallica concert 10/17/09 in Charlottesville Virginia. Morgan’s skeletonized body was found at Anchorage Farm, Albemarle County on 1/26/10. The person(s) responsible remain at large, presumably still in the Charlottesville area. We ask that any information that might help in the investigation of this case be directed to: Virginia State Police tip line (434) 352-3467.
http://findmorgan.com/

Thank you. The person who did this to Morgan is dangerous and will strike again.
He needs to be caught asap.

Eveln24, I agree. He is evil incarnate -- every parent's worst nightmare.

Yes, I think they should. If people want to volunteer it to help, why not?

A huge DNA database would only violate everyone's privacy. The government cannot be trusted with such sensitive personal info. Plus, DNA could be used to frame people too easily.

A huge DNA database would only violate everyone's privacy. The government cannot be trusted with such sensitive personal info. Plus, DNA could be used to frame people too easily.

I understand that's your opinion, but if people wanted to freely give it, that's not a violation. Consent is given...and not everyone has the same concerns as you with the government or framing...no offense.

Morgan Harrington Nine Month Anniversary

Dan and Gil Harrington's nightmare began nine months ago when their 20-year-old daughter went missing from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville. Her remains were discovered three months later on a farm in Albemarle County, but her killer is still loose.

Saturday, the Harringtons paid a visit to her memorial and discussed the most recent developments in the ongoing murder investigation.

The Harringtons say they are encouraged by the most recent development in the investigation; a forensic connection between their daughter's death and an unsolved abduction and sexual assault in Fairfax back in 2005. Dan said, "I really do think that's a huge leap in the progress of the case."

More at link...

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=12826804

Dan Harrington, Morgan Harrington’s father, said it was unlikely that a person from outside the area would have just happened upon the pasture where she was found.

“How does a person from Northern Virginia know about 15th Street?” Dan Harrington asked. “It’s not a place you happen to find.”

Corinne Geller, state police spokeswoman, said earlier this month that authorities believe the per-son who left Morgan Harrington’s body had ties to Albemarle.

State police released a composite sketch of the Fairfax assailant, who is described as a black man with a medium build who is about 6 feet tall. At the time of the 2005 attack, he had black hair with a beard and mustache.

Geller said Saturday that the state police have received about 75 tips since the sketch was publi-cized.

Gil Harrington, Morgan Harrington’s mother, said that her conversations with state police have given her hope.

“I’m feeling from the language I hear that they are confident that given time, they will tighten this up and have a resolution,” she said.

More at link...

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n...ect_2_were_involved_in_daughters_death/58293/

I understand that's your opinion, but if people wanted to freely give it, that's not a violation. Consent is given...and not everyone has the same concerns as you with the government or framing...no offense.

(moderator snip) For example, what if your genetic predisposition to a certain illness were used to deny you health coverage or employment? Or what if someone in public life has a genetic link to a notorious criminal? The government could use the info to blackmail them. What if they used the info to (for example) identify the descendants of Confederate soldiers & then blacklist them from employment? The role of government is not to function as the universal super-nanny, nor can it be trusted as such.

For example, what if your genetic predisposition to a certain illness were used to deny you health coverage or employment? Or what if someone in public life has a genetic link to a notorious criminal? The government could use the info to blackmail them. What if they used the info to (for example) identify the descendants of Confederate soldiers & then blacklist them from employment? The role of government is not to function as the universal super-nanny, nor can it be trusted as such.

LOL. I'll just say I respectfully disagree. It's still opinion, not facts, we're debating. Let's get back to Morgan - this is getting off topic. I can create a thread in the Jury Room if you'd like to banter further =)

I wonder what makes Morgan's Mom think there was more than one perpetrator?

I wonder what makes Morgan's Mom think there was more than one perpetrator?

JMO: various details suggest different locations, and therefore different stages of the crime, and make it seem more likely that a group may have been involved. As with the Manson Family, members of a group may have provided assistance to the actual perp(s) such as acting as look-outs, helping dispose of body & evidence, planting MH's possessions in different locations, perpetrating arson on the nearby house and possibly threatening the lives of witnesses.

JMO: Whoever planted the tee shirt believed that no possible evidence taken from the shirt would lead to the perps: no drug traces, no rope fibers, no hair, no fingerprints, no other DNA evidence, nothing traceable or incriminating at all. Therefore, at the place at which MH became separated from the tee shirt, no crime occurred.

One possible scenario: she was lured to some sublet in the run-down student area for a small gathering, where she switched her tee shirt. Let's call this location #1.

MH was still safe & no problems occurred until she was abducted from location #1 by some person(s) who had no strong association with that location.

However, the other persons present at location #1 that night share responsibility for the crime since they have not reported MH's presence there that evening (as far as we know).

At least in the time frame 9:20pm - 9:40pm, MH could not have been abducted from near the RV Lot where her bag and cell were found, because she would have still been wearing that tee shirt. Contact with the actual perps and their vehicle at that point would have resulted in the risk of DNA on the tee shirt.

The group was also sure that the bag & all of its contents and the cell contained no traceable DNA or other forensic evidence. Maybe these items were also taken from location #1.

Let's say the scene of the actual murder was location #2. The tee shirt, bag and cell phone may never have been present at location #2.

Location #2 may have been Anchorage Farm. However, this quote may hint otherwise.

Corinne Geller, state police spokeswoman, said earlier this month that authorities believe the person who left Morgan Harrington’s body had ties to Albemarle.

From link: http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n...ect_2_were_involved_in_daughters_death/58293/

I really think it is a lone rapist/killer. He acted alone in the rape, he most likely did the same with Morgan. One person could have abducted Morgan and left her body where ever he wanted. He could have made her walk and killed her at the spot she was found. Crimes like that are commited by lone killers all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosebud79922