Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Umbrella? Umbrella?

Who takes an umbrella to a concert? I don't think they will even let you in to a concert with one. Since it was rainy, was she USING the umbrella? ie was it OPEN? Why would you take an umbrella on a cold rainy night and not a jacket? wth?

This is the first I have heard of an umbrella. These items sound planted - like the tshirt IMO.

:eek: Umbrella? Umbrella?

Who takes an umbrella to a concert? I don't think they will even let you in to a concert with one. Since it was rainy, was she USING the umbrella? ie was it OPEN? Why would you take an umbrella on a cold rainy night and not a jacket? wth?

This is the first I have heard of an umbrella. These items sound planted - like the tshirt IMO.

a lot of times in concerts it gets really hot inside as there's a lot of people, movement and body heat. to wear a coat it would be too hot, and one would have to leave it somewhere risking it getting stolen. when i've went to concerts i've always left my coat in the car and only brought in bare essentials. i don't think morgan planned to be outside as much as she was that night.

umbrella? that's a first i've heard mention as well, then again it's been awhile.
maybe the umbrella wasn't morgans? or it's possible it's morgan's yet likely was just never mentioned.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/274992

Could have been a compact umbrella and carried easily in her pocketbook?

5301457.jpg

From Link above

I am praying this will be the break that solves this case! Please somebody - do the right thing!!!

Thank you, for posting the article, Japandaaa.

From the link:

Gil Harrington said she wonders now whether her daughter's killer or killers kept the necklace as a trophy of the crime.

My thoughts are that the killer(s) kept the necklace.

I think so too, and I think it was kept as a trophy since he didn't take the other jewelry. It sounds like the gold ring had at least a half ounce of gold in it and it doesn't make any sense for him to leave it behind, or the bracelet, if he was taking jewelry for its financial value.

As to whether or not her killer has killed other people, I was reading about Tommy Pitera, an incarcerated Bonanno family foot soldier and there was debate as to whether or not he was a bona fide serial killer or if most of his murders were him just doing his "job," for lack of a more appropriate term for what Mafia people do for a living. Pitera kept souvenirs from his victims which often included jewelry, which is apparently considered a common trait of serial killers.

Just throwin' this out there...

Looking at the pic of the necklace - it doesn't appear to have a heavy duty clasp and if there was a struggle in keeping her in the car or at some other point...he could have grabbed it and it would have probably broken or become unhooked.

I expect he did keep it as a trophy... But then again, it's a possibility that the necklace could have fallen off in his car or maybe even somewhere else there on the farm or elsewhere...

Just throwin' this out there...

Looking at the pic of the necklace - it doesn't appear to have a heavy duty clasp and if there was a struggle in keeping her in the car or at some other point...he could have grabbed it and it would have probably broken or become unhooked.

I expect he did keep it as a trophy... But then again, it's a possibility that the necklace could have fallen off in his car or maybe even somewhere else there on the farm or elsewhere...

True. And if it fell off at or nearby the arena, someone would've likely picked it up and kept it, not realizing how it ended up there, considering the mass of humanity there would be at a rock concert, a university campus, and city of Charlottesville all rolled into one.

It would be nice to know if those ball players Morgan walked with for a bit noticed if she still had on the necklace at that time.

If, by chance, someone did pick it up and keep it - not realizing at the time or not even finding out until weeks later...I would expect that some people might panic at the thought of having it and be afraid of implication in Morgan's disappearance/death and be afraid to come forward with it - and maybe trashed it...

readthehook.com has a new article which compiles a lot of the latest information released during the media tour. Just released tonight

What gets me the most..... is how so many people knew that Morgan was not her self or acting normal. How tragic.... I do not know if i agree with the killer most likely did not drive by the houses. This is a person who with his first victim took her in a ver populated area "by a grocery store" and took her to a playground close to an apartment building????? If he was willing to do that IMO why not drive down a farm driveway at night?????JMO

also what I thought was interesting was that they mention the bloodhounds lost her scent at The Food Of AllNations Grocery store. We know in the first attack he took his victim from a grocery store. makes me wonder if he was at the Food OF All Nations Store waiting for a victim???? And maybe she did not get in the car on her own?????

Thank you Hoosll. That article was very informative, hopefully this brings in new leads. He needs to be caught, as I believe he will do this again.

The FBI is incompetent.

I sent my fingerprints to the FBI in early January because a clean criminal background check from the FBI is a requirement for a work visa for a job I've been offered in South Korea.

After waiting for weeks, I called the FBI yesterday to find out when I could expect the CBC to arrive (so I can make flight and other travel plans) and they informed me that they were unable to match my fingerprints I sent them to my fingerprints on file. If they couldn't tell who I am from two sets of prints of all ten fingers with my name and address on the form and envelope, how on Earth are they going to be able to match the DNA of the perp who attacked Morgan and the other lady in Virginia even if they have his DNA on record, which they may or may not have?

I hope the Harrington's have a good private detective working the case, because the FBI is just another clumsy government agency not unlike Fannie Mae, the Department of Education, the IRS, and all the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99