Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
kant--so one of the friends couldnt say: you know what, i dont like metallica ll that much, just wait MH, and ill meet you outside by the front door?, or did they have that group mentality thing, like:if no one else wants to go outside, then why would i?

Kant, I believe the reference to Morgan's parents' "painting pictures" of her was just a figure of speech. I think the "pictures they're painting" are done only with words. And you can see how positively and strongly they speak on TV about their daughter, so these "pictures" do paint a lovely portrait of her.

Hope that makes sense.

Track29, are you referring or is someone else referring to the pictures (the changes in thereof?) where she seems to have become a little more skinny/gaunt/opiate chic in her facial features, from the teenish, semi-baby fat (I'm trying hard not to say anything that will make someone say Dang!) well-fed, faced, look? or was it something else you have referred to?

I don't particularly want to bring this up but I do find myself wondering if Morgan's parents thought spending her senior year in a different high school (not Northside, where the rest of "the nine" apparently stayed enrolled) would somehow enhance her chances of gaining admission to college or otherwise put her on a better path. I know they are still friends, but perhaps not seeing the other "eight" for seven periods a day, every day, at school, seemed like an attractive option for her parents. Just a thought....

Track29-that is one very reasonable possibility. her parents seem to have tried hard to keep her from straying too far off. so that was why i wondered if she went to meet one of their friends, at a party in C-ville, who wasnt exactly "her" friend. but i do not think it was maggie, jenn or amy(did i get that correct?) I dont think it was one of the girls in that prom pic--those girls don't look street smart, at all (imho- and yes, book, its cover, etc, i know).

Track29, are you referring or is someone else referring to the pictures (the changes in thereof?) where she seems to have become a little more skinny/gaunt/opiate chic in her facial features, from the teenish, semi-baby fat (I'm trying hard not to say anything that will make someone say Dang!) well-fed, faced, look? or was it something else you have referred to?

Actually, I think her parents "painting her picture" refers in a figure of speech to their glowing reports -- in words, on TV -- about their daughter. But -- now that you mention it -- there are many other photos -- probably submitted by the parents -- of Morgan when she looked much younger, a little heavier, etc., than the svelte young woman she appears to be in more recent photos. This point has been mentioned earlier on the forum, but I can't recall the name of the poster, so can't give credit to that person, who did point out that the earlier photos of Morgan do cast her in a light that is no longer appropriate but that may be an image her parents still have of her and want to hang onto. Perhaps the more recent photos came from her friends -- e.g., "the Nine." MOO.

Any thoughts?

Appears she was on the bridge after she was at Lanigan field which is where the purse was found. No mention she was having a problem on the bridge after leaving her purse behind.

(snip)
At 9:20, the individuals who encountered M.H. in the Lannigan Field parking area left in vehicles. Currently, there is no information that she left with them. We believe that there are other people in the vicinity either parking or on foot who should have seen M.H. and we need them to step forward.

At 9:30 (approx.) someone fitting M.H.'s description was seen on the Copeley Street bridge near Ivy Road. The last confirmed sighting of someone matching her description was at that location.

ETA: if the bridge sighting is accurate that is. IMO, the bridge sighting doesn't fit. It doesn't make sense she would drop her purse and keep walking to wherever. Sounds like whatever happened happened at Lannigan Field parking.
But we cant only think in a line. Let's say she was walking WITH her purse on the bridge. We dont know for sure that she got separated from her purse before she got to the bridge. I mean, it appears to flow in that sequence b/c of direction, but we dont know that.

If someone snatched her purse at the grassy RV area, she wouldn't likely just keep walking. She'd be holy crap im turning back. Also if someone snatched her purse at the grassy RV area why drop it right there to be found?

Were she and her purse snatched elsewhere and the purse got put there? either by the perp or by an unrelated person finding an opportunity to rifle thru a purse and dispose of it?

Did she toss it on purpose?

She seems more of a potential victim or target for a predator imo than her purse.

Im wondering if the bridge sighting was an error and here's why. The RV people said that they had interaction withj her - limited, yes, but still interaction.

Well, first (for me) the purse somewhat points to the RV area.

The RV area makes sense for grabbing someone. (WERE there RVs there?) (RVs and even moreso, vans)

How much light is on that bridge? Which direction was the person driving when he/she/they saw her on the bridge? Were they driving toward her? or in her direction such that they passed her? Why were they on the bridge at 9:30? leaving? Coming? cruising? picking up? dropping off? what? Did they slow down traffic and get a good look? Was there traffic? or did they do a grazing glancing drive-by look?

IDK *sigh*

I didn't even think about someone slipping something in her drink! But yall are absoloutly right...that is a possibility!

As I think about this though...if she was roofied I would assume that her friends would have noticed a change in her speech pattern while they were on the phone at 8:48pm, unless it was so loud that neither one of them could really hear each other. JMO, of course :)

One thing that I picked up on while watching the Press Conference today was that the detective said he was able to piece together the timeline based on individuals who came forward and through identifying individuals during their investingation....SO THEY HAVE IDENTIFIED PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T COME FORWARD??

I am praying that they have been so tight lipped because they have more information than they let on and maybe even have persons of interest.

The bridge in question (taken at about 8:45 PM)

AldermanBridge.jpg

So, she might have dropped/lost the purse at Lannigan Field before she headed further away from the arena on Copeley Bridge (depending on which way she was going on the bridge), or it could have been later if she returned to the lot.

On another poster's point, Copeley Bridge is over railroad tracks, not water.

I'm not particularly good with pinpointing on maps, but from the Arena to UHall is a couple hundred yards (at most) south, from there to Lannigan is a couple hundred more west (depending on where in the parking lot...if back by the baseball field, it's a bit more), and Copeley Bridge is between UHall and Lannigan, and slightly south of the Lannigan entrance. If M.H. was on Copeley Bridge going south it would be past a student apartment complex and a bank toward a 7-11 and a few other businesses. Turning right at the next intersection would be heading out of town on Ivy Road/250 Business, and there's a Chinese restaurant, then a grocery store, then a small strip shopping center, then not much else (with railroad tracks behind).

Going straight across Ivy road on Copeley would get into faculty and other housing and winding eventually (half a mile?) to central UVA grounds (with the Aquatic and Fitness Center gym where I saw flyers posted and the football stadium).

Turning left from Copeley onto Ivy would take one past a restaurant, the 7-11, a small shopping complex (camera store and a bank?), a UVA parking structure (set back from the road), and then a motel caddy-corner to main UVA grounds. Turning back north on Emmet Street one would go past UHall and get back to the Arena, circumventing a large block. Continuing east on Ivy Road/250 Business/Main Street (crossing Emmet) would be heading into town and would get one to "the Corner," the center of bar/restaurant activity nearest UVA grounds (and close to the Rotunda and the Academical Village) in about 4 blocks, passing a gas station, tennis courts, a practice/intramural field, the president's house, frats and sororities, the Rotunda, an Episcopal church, a bank, a bagel place, and another convenience store. I wasn't out that night, but it's oftentimes very busy there with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.

But if she was spotted on Copeley Bridge heading north (i.e., toward the arena or back to Lannigan Field), then the above is probably irrelevant.
Welcome and thanks for this.:)

All these sightings sound like a bit much for me if she didnt' have a coat; did she? and someone said it was rainy? and she's in freakin heels? and it's not well lit? I mean...

oh my.... I just dont know.

The bridge in question (taken at about 8:45 PM)

AldermanBridge.jpg

thank you ....very telling. That does NOT look inviting if I"m a 20 yr old chick in heels.. alone... at night.... in not-my-home-town.... and no coat....

YIKES -- THAT IS OMINOUS>

wow... you just gave me the super willies. OH. MY. GOD.

I don't particularly want to bring this up but I do find myself wondering if Morgan's parents thought spending her senior year in a different high school (not Northside, where the rest of "the nine" apparently stayed enrolled) would somehow enhance her chances of gaining admission to college or otherwise put her on a better path. I know they are still friends, but perhaps not seeing the other "eight" for seven periods a day, every day, at school, seemed like an attractive option for her parents. Just a thought....

The other high school is not known for their academics...not top level anyway. If she had changed schools for academic reasons there were other private schools to choose from in our specific area - instead of going one county over where she did go her senior year.

Not that LBHS is far away - it's just a hop, skip and a jump from where she lived - but I don't understand why she would change from a Roanoke County school to a Botetourt County school...

thank you ....very telling. That does NOT look inviting if I"m a 20 yr old chick in heels.. alone... at night.... in not-my-home-town.... and no coat....

YIKES -- THAT IS OMINOUS>

wow... you just gave me the super willies. OH. MY. GOD.

I'm sitting here just like you Kant......literal chill bumps. Seeing this image is profound.

Yes........Oh My God!!!!

I didn't even think about someone slipping something in her drink! But yall are absoloutly right...that is a possibility!

As I think about this though...if she was roofied I would assume that her friends would have noticed a change in her speech pattern while they were on the phone at 8:48pm, unless it was so loud that neither one of them could really hear each other. JMO, of course :)

One thing that I picked up on while watching the Press Conference today was that the detective said he was able to piece together the timeline based on individuals who came forward and through identifying individuals during their investingation....SO THEY HAVE IDENTIFIED PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T COME FORWARD??

I am praying that they have been so tight lipped because they have more information than they let on and maybe even have persons of interest.
I know, right?

I keep coming back to that call. Unless LE has proof of it, (per phone records) Im questioning that it happened. But why lie about something that could be checked? OTOH, if she were not outside and got a call you couldnt EXACTLY pinpoint where she was when she received the call. (within a few feet / outside vs inside) And sorry too, but even if a call can be proven as having been placed/received, it does NOT tell us what was said in a spoken conversation. And why place a spoken call if you have a text option that you can read in a loud arena?

Sorry, to the friends, but that's how I feel.

I'm sitting here just like you Kant......literal chill bumps. Seeing this image is profound.

Yes........Oh My God!!!!

I felt creepy here at night and we were in the car!!

We went back and walked from the arena to where the purse was found and then across the bridge. I even got chills during the day.

I would also like to talk a little about the area where the purse was found. I am going to try to walk you through this as if you were coming from the arena.

If you walk towards the area - on the left hand side there is a grassy area and then a line of trees on a bank that overlooks the railroad tracks.

If you continue walking the track is on the right hand side and you continue through the grassy area back to the baseball stadium. This area is complete desolate and there is a lot of construction going on near the stadium. We took a lot of picutres of the stadium and saw lots of dumpsters, big barrels and piles of fresh dirt. There was even a shovel near one of the piles of dirt (that freaked me out a little).

If someone was in this area - no one could hear you if you were screaming. It is far away from everything (unless there were people on the track, I guess). And another important note - there was an emergency box with a blue light and a phone....but it is OUT OF ORDER!

In case you missed the pics of the area...they are here: http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/tracynb/For%20Morgan/

I felt creepy here at night and we were in the car!!

We went back and walked from the arena to where the purse was found and then across the bridge. I even got chills during the day.

Why was she on this bridge in the first place??? None of this makes ANY sense to me. No intelligent woman would walk in an area like this alone....unless she was impaired in some way. I believe this...I feel this...I just know this. The area she would have been walking on is very narrow and in my mind I can just see a vehicle creeping by and the ease with which someone could grab her.

IF and I say IF this is what happened, she never had a chance. All week reading this forum and staying abreast of news and I've never had a feeling like I had a minute ago while viewing your picture.

Im leaning toward someone lacing her drink and basically what you said there in this post. The thing that throws me off is the call that the friends describe and that she didn't seem in distress, just barred re-entry.

Something is missing.

Out of 16,000 people SOMEONE has to have something on cell camera, video something....

Are we for sure, for sure that she got INTO the arena? OR are we left with someone's word? And does that someone/s whose word we are taking, have anything to gain (or hide) by advancing the story that she was indeed in the arena (if she, in fact, was not?) (Just hypothetical for argument's sake.)

OR she DID she really go outside on her own choice.... alone....... IDK.

I wish I could see/hear the friends talk on TV so I could sit here and say, "OMG they are so sincere. I totally believe them now." That would help (me) a lot to wrap my mind around it all. But I dont get what I want or she wouldn't be msising in the first place. so...

moo

well, i have some q's about the timeline, the only thing on the list that is not estimated is the 8:48 call from the friends, so is the rest of it just some grainy
video and the word of some door guy who prolly blocked a lot of people tryin to get in...because if, something else is going on -if the friends were calling and texting her when they noticed that she had been gone too long - the perp could have texted back to them and then took the phone apart to end calls and pings...as far as the friends-any number of things could be going on with that but i do get the general feeling that what ever they were told they believed...and now they are prolly devastated. and i tend to agree about the drug slipped in her drink - but i dont think she was getting money for a scalper because i think it was too late in the show to bother...moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther