Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I do not understand your post? What were you talking about in reference to the 15 yr old?? Sorry if I sound ignorant. TIA

Just that we have spent alot of time theorizing about MH setting up a meeting with a secret guy outside ,and to me she doesn't need to do a thing like that. A 15yr. old girl who isn't usually allowed out to meet up with guys may seize a big oppurtunity like a night of freedom at a concert to do so.

ETA: and this begs the question, what made her so combative? from the report of her being excited and good spirited when she arrived at the concert to being combative, cursing, kicking, yelling. What happened in between?

As the one "witness" stated - MH seemed more excited about the concert than her friends did.

Maybe these friends didn't want to really attend the concert but tickets had been purchased and felt they had to appease their friend?

Maybe the weather had something to do with how the others weren't as excited?

This is why I'm thinking there could be some underlying tension between MH and at least one of the people who were with her.

So something is possibly going on -
1) whether there were words between these two or
2)possibly one ignoring MH or
3)MH noticing her friend(s) weren't having as good of a time as she thought they should...

MH allegedly kisses the one girl on the cheek, gets up and leaves her crew. I can actually see her doing this and saying something to that girl of like, "I'm gonna chill for a bit", especially if there is something going on.

Some point after this MH supposedly falls, is supposedly seen in a restroom and then somehow MH ends up outside the arena.

Reports of a girl being loud, mouthy, cursing and combative (to an extent). And reports of her covering a lot of ground - Arena to parking lot to RV lot to bridge...

Possibly upset with a friend...the fall could have been embarrassing to her...maybe even disorienting her somewhat or makes her even more PO'ed... Maybe MH just said the heck with it. Friend was being a "downer" and not as hyped about the concert...I've fell and messed up my face...screw it...

Gets outside and realizes she's locked out, doesn't have her keys to her car...she gets even more mad. With the coldness and yukky weather it's kind of snapped her back to reality...And maybe she realizes at some point it's her fault for getting herself locked out...

But what I don't get is her moving away from a relatively safe area - that being the arena and walking to places where she may not be helped if needed. Then again, she may have felt that false sense of security of being in a college town and basically in or around campus. If someone were following her or she felt was attempting to do her harm...why would she go further away from the JPJ instead of running back towards the arena? A place where she knew people were...where her car was...

Okay...I'm rambling...sorry...just kind of thinking out loud...

Originally Posted by sarah7855

ETA: and this begs the question, what made her so combative? from the report of her being excited and good spirited when she arrived at the concert to being combative, cursing, kicking, yelling. What happened in between?.

Well, are we certain that the "combative" girl seen was actually Morgan? Was it ever determined for certain that it was not this "Dee" person who strongly resembled Morgan?

If it truly was Morgan, then I have the same question. I have not read anything that suggested to me that Morgan would be the type of girl to act out this way in public. She seems to come from a very mannered, polite, gracious upbringing. The only way I see her acting out this way would be due to some sort of altered state a la (a) possible head injury or (b) intoxication of some sort.

Thoughts?

Answers to your questions:

1) At this point, as per all the police reports and releases, this is not considered a plausable scenario at this time. There hasn't even been any circumstantial evidence to lead authorities to believe this is even a possible scenario at this time. (I do reserve the right to change my mind on this if LE does stumble across information to the contrary, cuz quite frankly, I know some of the things i have done myself, and I am sure my family ould swear I would NEVER have even considered it a possibility.)

2) Biggest problem here: The arena has a NO RE-ENTRY rule. Not only would she have NOT been able to re-enter on a ticket stub, whomever went to give it to her would also have been denied re-entry. Once she was out of the building, barring purchasing another ticket, she was SOL.... and very sadly so on this night.

3) Again, see answer for question 2. I have a feeling that if they were stoned, they would have actually been more willing to try to get to her versus not (most anyone who has at some point in time partaken in mary jane's essence knows how convoluted your thoughts and ideas can become at that moment :blushing:)

4) From the arena to her home was well over an hour trip. That would have been an expensive cab ride, even for Donlad Trump, with the gas prices and the cab rates these days.

For #2, could her friends possibly have tossed the keys to her from either the roped off outside smoking section, or near a door somewhere? That way they wouldn't have to "exit" the arena and they could still get her keys.

#3 i agree with you that if they were smoking pot, they most likely would have been more sympathetic towards Morgan, and at least got her the keys if not also brainstormed ways to get her back in.

#4 a cab trip would have cost probably as much as a flight. Why would she take a cab when her own car was there? I would never even think of taking a cab anywhere if my own car was there.

I agree with you on these things. #1 however i forget what that was about..

I too feel that there was something going on between MH and at least one of the friends.

The guy who parked beside them said that MH seemed really excited about the concert - more so than those she was with.

Then in later reports she seemed mouthy / combative (allegedly kicking that guy in the leg when he wouldn't walk with her)...

I don't think this concert was a "ruse" to meet someone and take off with that person - if so, why would her car have been driven?

And if she was there to meet someone why didn't she wait for that person outside the venue or just inside the door until that person got there?

If she had alternate plans - then why did she make so many re-entry attempts?

Just throwing this out there...

BBM

Combining the guy's claiming that he parked next to MH & Co and said she was very excited about the concert and seeing Metallica, if it is true, along with Morgan having the tickets on the fridge for 6 months, Morgan actually going to out and buying a new outfit for the concert, it does sound like this was something she was really looking forward to.

Her attempts to try and get back inside the concert show that she did want to get back inside and likely it was never her plan to get stuck outside and not get back in.

As for her meeting up with someone, everyone has cell phones almost nowadays and they could have met up inside the venue if they wanted and she had plans to meet up with someone.

Has it been proven that the guy who claims she kicked him is telling the truth? There are a lot of blonde girls that could fit her description.

Something must have happened between her and her friends. I can't imagine why at least one of them wouldn't accompany her to the bathroom or for a smoke. Who lets a friend go somewhere in a huge venue alone? That's just wrong. Also, it's supposed that the 4 of them went there together, Morgan and her roommate Amy, who picked up Sarah, and then the boyfriend of one of the friends.

... they wouldn't let her back in. That would piss me off.

yes, but why leave in the first place? If the no re-entry policy is as strict as it's reported to be, then there must be signs all over the place. She had to have known she was going outside and wouldn't be let back in, so why be mad at them for not allowing her re-entry? And I don't agree with "maybe she accidentially went out a side door". I don't see a side door being that accessible from the general restroom/smoking/concession public area. This is all MOO.

Well, are we certain that the "combative" girl seen was actually Morgan? Was it ever determined for certain that it was not this "Dee" person who strongly resembled Morgan?

If it truly was Morgan, then I have the same question. I have not read anything that suggested to me that Morgan would be the type of girl to act out this way in public. She seems to come from a very mannered, polite, gracious upbringing. The only way I see her acting out this way would be due to some sort of altered state a la (a) possible head injury or (b) intoxication of some sort.

Thoughts?

I'd have to say that at least some of these earlier sightings couldn't be DS "Dee" as she was seen and is on video inside the arena while Metallica was playing.

I haven't heard whether DS was inside the arena though while the opening 2 bands were playing, but would suspect she was inside the arena the entire time of the concert since nothing has been said otherwise.

Reports of a girl being loud, mouthy, cursing and combative (to an extent). And reports of her covering a lot of ground - Arena to parking lot to RV lot to bridge...

Possibly upset with a friend...the fall could have been embarrassing to her...maybe even disorienting her somewhat or makes her even more PO'ed... Maybe MH just said the heck with it. Friend was being a "downer" and not as hyped about the concert...I've fell and messed up my face...screw it...

Gets outside and realizes she's locked out, doesn't have her keys to her car...she gets even more mad. With the coldness and yukky weather it's kind of snapped her back to reality...And maybe she realizes at some point it's her fault for getting herself locked out...

But what I don't get is her moving away from a relatively safe area - that being the arena and walking to places where she may not be helped if needed. Then again, she may have felt that false sense of security of being in a college town and basically in or around campus. If someone were following her or she felt was attempting to do her harm...why would she go further away from the JPJ instead of running back towards the arena? A place where she knew people were...where her car was...

Okay...I'm rambling...sorry...just kind of thinking out loud...
Respectfully Snipped..

If was a way to verify the combative girl actually was Morgan, and not some random that looks like..
I agree the distance she covered is pretty far.
The only reasons i can see her leaving the zone of the arena is if someone there was making her feel unsafe..
She might travel away from whatever is making her feel unsafe and in the opposite direction.
I wish we knew what was said between her and the BB players, there had to be some context of convo other than just "hi". Did she ask how to get somewhere, ask them for directions? For the time? To use their phones?

What i don't understand is why didn't one of her friends go with her to the bathroom? That is something i would never let a friend do alone in a huge venue like JPJ. Its not like they were at a small bar. People usually stick to the buddy system at concerts like these, heck a lot even do at regular bars. Her friends didn't seem to care she was going to the bathroom alone, which leads me to believe they were to intoxicated to care, or they got in a fight, or they just were plain ignorant towards Morgan (which goes along with not caring about their friend). There was 4 of them who went together. One could have went with Morgan while the other stayed with her boyfriend.

Something happened during Morgan's trip to the restroom and to smoke.
What ever happened made her end up outside the arena.. Maybe she forgot she didn't have her car keys on her, as others have mentioned.

Could she have just bought another ticket to get back inside? Once outside it is possible something else happened to her to make her leave the "safety zone" of the arena. Perhaps someone outside there was making her feel uncomfortable which caused her to travel farther away from what we would consider safe.

She travels farther away from what is bothering her, we see her go towards the RV lot which looks dimly lit and isolated, then the last sightings, #5 near where her purse was found, or #6 on the bridge and or supposed hitchhiking.

If her cell phone was working and her friends actually cared, i'm sure she wouldn't be missing today.

I really do think there was some hostility between Morgan and at least one of the friends there.. They should have used the buddy system. I can't imagine just accepting that your friend is locked outside and not even bothering to try to help her get back in. Especially being they were "9" and all the carp. Such good friends wouldn't act like that unless there were tensions. I would be an emotional wreck if a good friend went missing on my watch. I wouldn't be able to focus on schoolwork, i would be too busy blaming myself, helping with the case, until there was closure.

What was really said on the phone call to the friends? Even if Morgan did tell them not to worry about her, they should have worried about her anyway. They just accepted that she would find a ride home hours away while they take her car back? That's ridiculous.

Has her roommate Amy spoken out at all? We've seen Sarah speak nonchalant in a video already.

Thoughts?

BBM. No, I'm not certain. I'm just going off the same info everyone else is, which is why I kept emphasizing "if this is true" and the like. We don't have a lot of confirmed info at all in this case, but seems like more and more "sources say" and "unconfirmed reports" and "tips" have been coming out lately.

Regarding your second point, I totally agree. In addition to everything you said, my impression from her room decor, pics that I've seen and statements from her parents is that she seems to be a laid back person. Of course, this is just judging a book by its cover and my impression only. This could very well be wrong, but it is my impression. To be honest, I was kind of shocked reading the reports of a mad, yelling, cursing, aggressive, kicking girl that is being reported as MH. She just doesn't SEEM that way.

I agree that either being intoxicated or having a head injury could make her act out, but so could an unexpected (I feel this would make it much worse) fight with one of your lifelong best friends at a concert you've been waiting months for. Who knows? maybe the mystery guy that was with them was one of the other girls' boyfriends or even a new crush, and that girl thought MH was flirting with him or something. We do have reports of her kissing a friend on the cheek, maybe she was in a touchy feely mood and the friend misinterpreted it? so the friend freaks out and starts a fight, possibly a physical one, and MH is adamant and angry and possibly injured. That friend has her keys and won't give them back, or MH forgets she has her keys. Maybe the other friend even gets involved too, and that pushes Morgan over the edge and she decides she has to leave. Explains why she doesn't have her keys and the friends didn't return them to her, explains why she would leave, explains being combative and mad, why we haven't heard from the friends (particularly the guy that LE won't identify), etc, etc. I really am not great at putting together theories, so this is really just my opinion. I just can't shake the feeling that there was a fight that evening. It would explain a lot of stuff, but unfortunately it doesn't explain what happened to her... my guess is that maybe she was aggressive or started a fight with a violent person, and was attacked outside. :(

yes, but why leave in the first place? If the no re-entry policy is as strict as it's reported to be, then there must be signs all over the place. She had to have known she was going outside and wouldn't be let back in, so why be mad at them for not allowing her re-entry? And I don't agree with "maybe she accidentially went out a side door". I don't see a side door being that accessible from the general restroom/smoking/concession public area. This is all MOO.

That's the thing...why was MH outside in the first place?

Something/Someone had to get her out there
1) Just so PO'ed about something (and ended up cutting her nose off to spite her face???)...
2) Someone lured her out with the ploy of getting her backstage
3) Disoriented from her fall
4) Meeting someone else
5) Being asked to leave venue
6) Wanted to get something out of her car
7) Wanted to make a purchase???

I'm sure others can think of several other reasons why she could have been outside.

MH is a Leo -

http://theastrologyroom.com/guides/zodiac-symbols-and-their-meanings

LEO

Element: Fire
Ruling Planet: The Sun

Symbol: The Lion. A curving line represents the lion’s mane, the symbolic animal belonging to this sunny, summer sign. Some important Leo characteristics are feline in nature – the proud, graceful bearing; the need for rest followed by intense activity; the sensual love of pleasure and playful qualities. The lion’s roar, too, can be easily imagined when an angry Leo finally lets off steam.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/zodiac-signs-and-meanings.html

Leo - The Lion
July 23 – August 22
The zodiac signs and meanings of Leo is about expanse, power and exuberance. Leo’s are natural born leaders, and they will let you know it as they have a tendency to be high-minded and vocal about their opinions. That’s okay, because if you observe, the Leo is usually correct in his/her statements. Leo’s have a savvy way of analyzing a situation and executing swift judgment with a beneficial outcome. It comes from being a leader. They are brave, intuitive, and also head-strong and willful. Beneath their dynamic persona lies a generous, loving, sensitive nature that they do not easily share with others. They might be a bit bossy, but those who know them understand this comes from a source need to do good, not (usually) from an inflated ego.

I know many Leo's and they like to be "out there" - front and center of attention. They want to be noticed. They ones I know - they have a pretty tight reign on their temper - but you know when they are mad. It's only when they get pushed to a certain point that the "roar" becomes great. They also want to be known as the "leader" - although the ones I know would never admit to that. Most like the spotlight and usually have some talent that makes them shine above others in their group - from singing, to playing an instrument to acting to writing to drawing/painting - whatever their talent may be.

I think most will find the description of a Leo to fit MH rather well.

Her attempts to try and get back inside the concert show that she did want to get back inside and likely it was never her plan to get stuck outside and not get back in.

Respectfully snipped. Maybe this is where she realized that the friend had her keys and she wanted to get back inside to retrieve them? can't do it, friend won't bring them, so she calls one of them and says "Fine, I'll just get a ride". There could have been more to this call, possibly Morgan asking for her keys, friend saying no, etc. We also don't know the mood of this call. If true that she was yelling and cursing outside, I'd bet that the call also had the same tone.

That's the thing...why was MH outside in the first place?

Something/Someone had to get her out there
1) Just so PO'ed about something (and ended up cutting her nose off to spite her face???)...
2) Someone lured her out with the ploy of getting her backstage
3) Disoriented from her fall
4) Meeting someone else
5) Being asked to leave venue
6) Wanted to get something out of her car
7) Wanted to make a purchase???

I'm sure others can think of several other reasons why she could have been outside.

Respecfully snipped and BBM. I hadn't thought of that one at all!! Great point! maybe there was a fight or she was being out of hand or something (it could be lots of things) and she was the only one asked to leave? That'd make me furious too. Maybe she didn't have time to get her keys as they were escorting her out, or in the heat of the moment she forgot them. Once outside, she starts trying to get back in with no luck.

Wow, this is a whole new angle to think about. I just wish with all my being that this would lead to what might have happened to her. We can figure out why she left all day long, but still doesn't help solve the real problem: where is she??

I can't get the quote to work. Sorry! This is in response to the question about why not get a cab home.

My car broke down in Charlottesville one night and I lived halfway between Charlottesville and JMU. I called every cab company and none of them would take me that far. I am guessing that even if she tried to get a cab it wouldn't have taken her to JMU.

We have friends who went to the concert with MH...

One of those friends drove MH's car from JMU to C'ville and that friend also drove MH's car back to JMU.

Somehow DH believed that MH's car was at JMU the entire time and was never in C'ville. How did DH come by that impression? Did one of the girls tell him that thinking they could be in trouble for driving MH's car? Or did DH just come up with that impression and the girl(s) left him believing that Sarah drove her car or that the mystery guy drove?

Either way...why wouldn't someone in that group correct DH's way of thinking about MH's car when they knew full well whose car was at the JPJ. IMO if they allowed DH just to think this - then isn't that lying by omission?

So if these people allowed certain things to be believed...then why would they divulge the entire nature of that phone call to MH???

And I agree with Sarah7855... IF MH was "in a mood"...and interacting with people in the nature they have described - you can bet she was not in a good mood on that phone call...and that there were a few choice words interjected...that a calm I'll find a ride home was anything but calm...

Respecfully snipped and BBM. I hadn't thought of that one at all!! Great point! maybe there was a fight or she was being out of hand or something (it could be lots of things) and she was the only one asked to leave? That'd make me furious too. Maybe she didn't have time to get her keys as they were escorting her out, or in the heat of the moment she forgot them. Once outside, she starts trying to get back in with no luck.

Wow, this is a whole new angle to think about. I just wish with all my being that this would lead to what might have happened to her. We can figure out why she left all day long, but still doesn't help solve the real problem: where is she??

I have also been wondering if she was asked to leave the arena. Since LE has seemed reluctant to let out any info. that proves MH was in an altered state, it's something they probably would be keeping quiet about.

On the JPJ Arena Web site, the information page says this under the heading "Guest Conduct":

"In order to maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere, John Paul Jones Arena asks that guests be courteous to those around them and abide by Arena policies. Guests who use offensive or abusive language, behave in an unruly manner, or appear to be intoxicated are subject to removal."

http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/about.asp

I know that JPJ has a no re-entry policy and I fully understand that.

If she had been asked to leave - that may be a reason as to why they wouldn't let her back in. MH may have thought that she could go to another door and with her good looks, charm and good graces get back in somehow...

And maybe that would work with some security people sometimes...

However, IF MH had been asked to leave for some reason I would have to guess that security communicated to not let her back in - would account for her going to various doors. And if that report by the man who MH allegedly kicked is right - that MH was being loud and possibly being denied re-entry, then it would seem to me that it's possible that MH was asked to leave the venue due to her behavior.

MOO...and just throwing this out there

IMO, if she had been asked to leave the venue by security, LE would know that by now. Surely they have, by this time, interviewed the security staff.

If she had been asked to leave - that may be a reason as to why they wouldn't let her back in. MH may have thought that she could go to another door and with her good looks, charm and good graces get back in somehow...

However, IF MH had been asked to leave for some reason I would have to guess that security communicated to not let her back in - would account for her going to various doors. And if that report by the man who MH allegedly kicked is right - that MH was being loud and possibly being denied re-entry, then it would seem to me that it's possible that MH was asked to leave the venue due to her behavior.

I totally agree with your entire post. I think this is a very real possibility of why she left the concert in the first place. Thanks for throwing this out there! :clap:

Wow, I would hate to the the person responsible at JPJ if they find out that not only was she denied re-entry, but she was also kicked out of the place. Woe is the person responsible for that. Check out the tapes of the Metallica show and tell me who is engaging in offensive language? The main act. Kick them out!

IMO, if she had been asked to leave the venue by security, LE would know that by now. Surely they have, by this time, interviewed the security staff.

but would they share that info with the public? they seem to be releasing very little information at all. I am sure that if this happened, then of course they would know about it, but it doesn't mean we would know about it. Why they aren't releasing much info, I really don't know. It seems to be much less than in most cases. I just pray that there's a very good reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member