VA - Multiple people injured after mass shooting during Huguenot High School’s graduation ceremony, Richmond, 6 June 2023

ssnva1

Reaction score
I probably posted the title wrong so please fix Mods if needed.

Local to me. Just terrible.

Shooting following Huguenot HS graduation ceremony
N Laurel Street and Franklin, Richmond, VA
At least seven shot, one still in critical condition, two have died from injuries
Two suspects in custody
The graduation scheduled for later was cancelled
More to come at 9PM News Conf

Early Footage 13 News

WTVR News ten victims, Floyd Ave, Nissan Sentra, two detained Monroe Park, one victim is 17 yr old, multiple different caliber weapons

LE Press Release Fox News and Mayor of Richmond speaks, Superintendent, Lt Gov speaks
WTVR CBS 6 News Update

9PM Update adult male and teen male victims passed from injuries, believe 19 yr old male suspect may have known the victims, multiple handguns recovered, off duty police working event, asking for video from families for evidence
multiple victims with gun fire injuries 14 yr old child
9 yr old girl hit by car, panic attacks
1 shooting victim in critical condition 30 something male

Hearts and prayers go out to families, victims, and others
Enough is enough!
JMO

Last edited:
I wanted to say "another one????? wth??" when I saw this thread.

But I recently attended a granddaughter's high school graduation and had to go thru a metal scanner to get in...while carrying my purse. The scanner beeped crazily as it does when I go to the airport and the usual culprit is my belly ring that I refuse to get rid of even tho I'm a grandma. Security guards asked "do you have a gun in your purse?"

I said no of course not and they waved me in. Later it hit me in the packed stadium...did they ask everyone that set the metal detector off if they had a gun and they all said no without searching them?

I can't believe human beings have devolved to this excruciating horrible behavior towards other human beings.

These days I understand why my own grandma would say the whole world is going to you know where in a handbasket.

I wanted to say "another one????? wth??" when I saw this thread.

But I recently attended a granddaughter's high school graduation and had to go thru a metal scanner to get in...while carrying my purse. The scanner beeped crazily as it does when I go to the airport and the usual culprit is my belly ring that I refuse to get rid of even tho I'm a grandma. Security guards asked "do you have a gun in your purse?"

I said no of course not and they waved me in. Later it hit me in the packed stadium...did they ask everyone that set the metal detector off if they had a gun and they all said no without searching them?

I can't believe human beings have devolved to this excruciating horrible behavior towards other human beings.

These days I understand why my own grandma would say the whole world is going to you know where in a handbasket.

I went to a dance recital yesterday in DFW area, hundreds of families in large auditorium
No metal detectors, I did not see a single security guard or cop
It did not enter my mind that we would have been sitting ducks

JMO

I probably posted the title wrong so please fix Mods if needed.

Local to me. Just terrible.

I'm so so sorry to hear this.

A tragedy, as always. And, there's never an end to these.

Are your Family and Friends okay?

JMVHO.

Last edited:
I went to a dance recital yesterday in DFW area, hundreds of families in large auditorium

JMO
Security guards at large gatherings often don't dress as security guards. Blending into the crowd is their goal.

JMO

JMO
It is scary to have to think about that, isn't it?
I am fortunate that I don't worry about that kind of thing. It is such a rare occurence here in Canada. Can it happen? Of course, I think the difference (at least so far) is that we don't have everyone armed to the teeth. I worry about the young school kids that have to go through shooter drills. This must be terrifying.

These incidents are all about creating terror, collecting injustices, or, trying to garner 'fame'. I hope this doesn't deter all of us from enjoying everyday life.

My thoughts are with everyone at that graduation ceremony and all of the people that care about them.

“An attorney for a man who pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in a 2023 shooting after a Richmond high school graduation has filed a motion seeking to withdraw the guilty plea on the grounds that he failed to accurately inform the accused gunman of his legal options.

Amari Pollard pleaded guilty in February in the June 6 shooting death of 18-year-old Shawn Jackson after the Huguenot High School graduation at the Altria Theater in Richmond. The plea came after Judge W. Reilly Marchant ruled the Pollard’s actions did not meet the legal threshold for a plea of self-defense.

Pollard’s attorney, Jason Anthony, now says he made a mistake when he advised Pollard on how to move forward after Marchant’s ruling.”

“In the moment, I failed to inform the client as to what the defense options were, even when (he) asked me directly,” Anthony told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Monday. “I let Mr. Pollard down.”

“An attorney for a man who pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in a 2023 shooting after a Richmond high school graduation has filed a motion seeking to withdraw the guilty plea on the grounds that he failed to accurately inform the accused gunman of his legal options.

Amari Pollard pleaded guilty in February in the June 6 shooting death of 18-year-old Shawn Jackson after the Huguenot High School graduation at the Altria Theater in Richmond. The plea came after Judge W. Reilly Marchant ruled the Pollard’s actions did not meet the legal threshold for a plea of self-defense.

Pollard’s attorney, Jason Anthony, now says he made a mistake when he advised Pollard on how to move forward after Marchant’s ruling.”

“In the moment, I failed to inform the client as to what the defense options were, even when (he) asked me directly,” Anthony told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Monday. “I let Mr. Pollard down.”
Well this is interesting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316