Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone found a link to a baby registry for the couple. Wasn't clear to me from when though, but she used her maiden name. So it can't be too recent. (Idk if we can post the link but it's not hard to find).

She has been using her maiden name for quite a while. Maybe for safety reasons with both of them being in the Police/Fire/Rescue professional fields. So there is no way to determine when it applied.

I live about an hour away but wanted to reply to a few "locals" questions. The weather is nice, beautiful in fact. The past few days it has been very cold at night (30s). Daytime around 71.

Yes there are bears and mountain lions.

The two women who were murdered in Shenandoah park in the mid 90s- I believe it was thought to be a gay hate crime. The park is huge btw.

Many of you are correct- there ARE lots of parks around NoVa. But that shouldn't mean that someone won't drive a bit for the beautiful scenery.

This is a stretch and by no means a theory: Lots of guys I've spoken to on dating apps/sites suggest meeting at a park. Including that park where her car was found. I've always said no to that because I assume they are married and want to hide. But it made me wonder if she was meeting someone.

This is a stretch and by no means a theory: Lots of guys I've spoken to on dating apps/sites suggest meeting at a park. Including that park where her car was found. I've always said no to that because I assume they are married and want to hide. But it made me wonder if she was meeting someone.

I am engaged now but I did some online dating back in the day (meet my fiancé through work) and there is NO WAY I am meeting with someone I meet online in the SNP. Maybe after we are actually dating for a while we can go. It is just too isolated.

She was an EMT (IIRC), maybe she went there to meet a person she did not want to be seeing with in the NOVA area? Could be.

I live about an hour away but wanted to reply to a few "locals" questions. The weather is nice, beautiful in fact. The past few days it has been very cold at night (30s). Daytime around 71.

Yes there are bears and mountain lions.

The two women who were murdered in Shenandoah park in the mid 90s- I believe it was thought to be a gay hate crime. The park is huge btw.

Many of you are correct- there ARE lots of parks around NoVa. But that shouldn't mean that someone won't drive a bit for the beautiful scenery.

Like Erin Corwin?

A local church has posted their support. Could be the church of the family. Her father has posted several messages of hope referencing his faith.

St. Paul UMC (Woodbridge, VA) has announced it will hold a prayer vigil service at 7:30pm this evening, Monday, April 18th in the Sanctuary. All are welcome to join in prayer for Nicole, her family, and the continued search.

Prayers that she is found and is ok

For the locals, is there any sort of public transportation that goes to or very near where her car was found?
Where I am we do, it goes right to the top of the mountain. Anything further east would be like Greyhound etc.

For the locals, is there any sort of public transportation that goes to or very near where her car was found?
Where I am we do, it goes right to the top of the mountain. Anything further east would be like Greyhound etc.

No public transportation. One of the rules they have is you have to be prepared for this hikes, the rangers will not give you a ride back to your camp or vehicles unless there is an emergency.

We went to Big Meadows one year and ask the lady at the visitor center for a moderate trail. :D I almost gave up haha it was not moderate, but quite difficult. Once you are in the trail you have to push through.

There is no way to get in and out of the park other than a car.

When you use this example, please notice that the husband reported her missing almost 24 hours later, after his last contact with her. In THIS case with Nicole, her father started looking for her, NOT the husband. And there has been constant references to the "last contact" from Nicole being with her father, TWO days prior to her husband getting involved. There has been NO reference at all to ANY communication the husband had with his wife AT ALL. None. If you read the wedding website, posted and written by the couple, it states that she was very hesitant to become involved with him. He is older by several years, I believe, and her initial concerns, may prove to be a woman's intuition. I am also VERY concerned about the details slowly coming forth in this case. I am local and have been detailing this since the moment it hit FB. thank you for your time all here!

He is 35 to her 31. He is leading the searches for his wife, and you're overstating her hesitancy on the wedding blog. She said she wasn't interested initially, but he won her over. If you read the comments on multiple sites, it appears they were separated. It doesn't sound like her father was aware that there was anything amiss until the fire department called someone in her family (likely her husband) to ask for her whereabouts.

Video clip on scene. Reporter sleeveless and it's sunny. Also looks like the tree canopy is still absent.
[video=twitter;722135441068187648]https://twitter.com/whsvisabel/status/722135441068187648[/video]

She has been using her maiden name for quite a while. Maybe for safety reasons with both of them being in the Police/Fire/Rescue professional fields. So there is no way to determine when it applied.
Where do you see this? All department rosters have her husband's last name, and she has no social media presence after she deleted them last year.

There would be none that goes directly into the park. Unless it was chartered.

Leaving the car outside and entering on foot is very unlikely. The Skyline Drive is 105 miles long. It is unheard from people to leave the car out and walk to a trail.

I downloaded a map and the closest entrance to that trail is Thornton Gap (10 miles away from where her car was found, approx. 2 hours from Woodbridge). If she entered the park thru Front Royal it would be also around 2 hours drive, because the skyline has a speed limit of 35 (and you go up and down from mountains and sometimes there is fog.)

There is a parking lot for White Oak Canyon and Cedar Run in Syria, VA off of Weakley Hollow Road. You do not have to actually enter the park at one of the Skyline Drive entrances to access the lower White Oak Canyon Trail or Old Rag trail from the foothills of the park. As a matter of fact the main parking lot for Old Rag Hike doesn't take you through Skyline Drive at all.

Here is the google map of the Lower White Oak Canyon parking lot, this is where I believe her car was found..not positive about that though.

white Oak.jpg

From WTOP

"Nicole Clardy Mittendorff’s cream-colored Mini Cooper was discovered Saturday night in a remote parking lot in the Madison County portion of the national park, near the White Oak Canyon Trail." BBM

So the car was found inside the park. She (or whomever was driving the vehicle) must have entered through one of the 4 entrances. I am not positive however there are cameras at the entrances.

From WTOP

"Nicole Clardy Mittendorff’s cream-colored Mini Cooper was discovered Saturday night in a remote parking lot in the Madison County portion of the national park, near the White Oak Canyon Trail." BBM

So the car was found inside the park. She (or whomever was driving the vehicle) must have entered through one of the 4 entrances. I am not positive however there are cameras at the entrances.

Not if she parked in the parking lots on the foothill side of the park which I believe to be the case. Please see my post above.

Not if she parked in the parking lots on the foothill side of the park which I believe to be the case. Please see my post above.

You might be right. If the car was there, she never went though any of the entrances = no footage.

That parking lot is really hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member