VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, JA! Tssiemer your opinions and comments are very much appreciated. I know you suffered the loss of a loved one by the hands of someone evil. I don't know your full story, but I do know you have survived something most of us will never experience! We are grateful you are here supporting Nicole and her family. :heartbeat:

I appreciate that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did NK have many friends?
I haven't read too much about that, but from her social media accounts before they went private, it seemed that she had at least a few. I don't know what the situation was at Virginia Tech. Since DE was the person who took her to the hospital, I presumed he was one of her closest friends there, though it could have just been because he had a car.

I'm not convinced that DE was a math tutor for NK. I think that the belief that DE was her math tutor came from a friend of NK and is based on this statement:
Keepers’s friend XXXXX, 18, said Keepers had a boyfriend at the time she last spoke with her and had never mentioned Eisenhauer in any other context other than as someone who helped her with her math work.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8d4732-c8f6-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

I'm not yet sure that the friend's statement equates to NK having trouble with math and DE being her math tutor. "Helped her with her math work" could mean something other than being her tutor. Maybe they were in a math class together and belonged to the same study group, for example. DE might have been NK's math tutor, but maybe not. Here are other reasons that I question him being her tutor:

She went on to testify that she’d graduated among the top 15% of her class at Hammond High School in Columbia, Maryland. She described her interests as math, science and theater.

http://myfox8.com/2016/02/08/studen...rison-after-girls-body-found-in-surry-county/

Keepers played junior varsity soccer at Hammond High School but wasn’t a standout athlete like Eisenhauer. Her interests seemed more diverse as she joined the math team and Model United Nations and became a member of the National Honor Society and the National Science Honor Society, according to her LinkedIn profile.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Nat...s-to-possible-motives.html?ci=stream&lp=12&p=
“Natalie was always a very sweet person who was extremely dedicated to her school work and the theater program at Hammond. She regularly informally tutored underclassmen in math and science and everyone I’ve heard from who knew her were extremely shocked to hear about this story.”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/natal...virginia-facebook-page-virginia-tech-student/

That doesn't sound like someone who would do poorly in math. Anyone can need a tutor, of course, but it seems unlikely to me that someone who was interested in math, was on her H.S. math team, and tutored others in math during H.S. would need a math tutor during her first year at VT.

On a different subject, I don't know why I didn't catch the following earlier. I knew about DE high-fiving/shaking hands with other runners as they crossed the finish line, but I somehow missed the other interesting comments by another runner at VT who also knew DE when he was in H.S.:

Heydrick also said Eisenhauer was quirky. He would stand at the finish line shaking the hand of every runner who crossed the line, swear that races were not the mileage claimed and often exaggerate the speed and distance he would run, Heydrick recalled. He said Eisenhauer had a small circle of friends.

Very interesting.

@considering Great post! That last quote is, indeed, very interesting! He sounds extremely insecure.

DE helping her with math could have been the reason they gave people (i.e. -NK's boyfriend) as the reason why they were meeting when in fact they were discussing the murder.

Does anyone know what time NK was found & brought in for questioning on 1/30?

NL's body was found about 4:00 pm on 1/30. Just trying to piece things together.

http://wsls.com/2016/01/31/police-make-second-arrest-in-death-of-13-year-old-nicole-lovell/

On Saturday afternoon (Jan. 30), the four-day search for the missing 13-year-old Blacksburg girl came to an end. At approximately 4 p.m. Saturday, Virginia State Police located Nicole’s remains near Route 89, in Surry County, N.C. With the assistance of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, FBI Charlotte, N.C., Field Office, and the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office, her remains arrived early Sunday morning (Jan. 31) at the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke, Va., for autopsy and examination.

Does anyone know what time NK was found & brought in for questioning on 1/30?

NL's body was found about 4:00 pm on 1/30. Just trying to piece things together.

http://wsls.com/2016/01/31/police-make-second-arrest-in-death-of-13-year-old-nicole-lovell/

On Saturday afternoon (Jan. 30), the four-day search for the missing 13-year-old Blacksburg girl came to an end. At approximately 4 p.m. Saturday, Virginia State Police located Nicole’s remains near Route 89, in Surry County, N.C. With the assistance of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, FBI Charlotte, N.C., Field Office, and the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office, her remains arrived early Sunday morning (Jan. 31) at the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke, Va., for autopsy and examination.

I found this...the article is set up in kind of a timeline form...not sure how accurate, though:

Saturday, Jan. 30

Early that morning, Eisenhauer was arrested in his Virginia Tech dorm room. He was charged with a felony count of abduction.

4:00 p.m.
Later that day, Virginia State Police locate the remains of Nicole about 80 miles south of her home. ...

Sunday, Jan. 31

Keepers was arrested that morning and charged with a felony count of improper disposal of a dead body and a misdemeanor count of accessory after the fact in the commission of a felony.

That same morning, Nicole’s remains were transported to the medical examiner's office in Roanoke, Virginia. ...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/timeline-alleged-abduction-slaying-13-year-virginia-girl/story?id=36686517

DE helping her with math could have been the reason they gave people (i.e. -NK's boyfriend) as the reason why they were meeting when in fact they were discussing the murder.

Speaking of the boyfriend...did she tell him after the murder or did she just go there to hide out? Did LE also bring him in for questioning?

Not real sure of the reputation of this source, so take with a grain of salt...but I hadn't seen these details (quoted below) spelled out quite this way before:

Details of How Virginia Tech Students Allegedly Plotted the Murder of 13-Year-Old Emerge in Court

...Details of the Alleged Plan Emerge

Keepers, 19, apparently told police only part of the story when she was first questioned on Jan. 31. Pettitt said Keepers first told police that Eisenhauer told her that he had killed Nicole and had put her body in the trunk of his Lexus. Keepers told investigators that she had been with him when he went to Walmart to get cleaning supplies while Nicole’s body was still in the trunk, Pettitt said.

Pettitt also said that Keepers told investigators where in her dorm room they could find the suitcase containing the cleaning supplies and the “Minions” blanket that police had said was with Nicole when she went missing. Keepers also told police where in rural North Carolina they could find Nicole’s body, Pettitt said.

Pettitt said that after Keepers was read her rights, however, she became emotional and then admitted to helping plan the alleged murder. According to Pettitt, Keepers told investigators that she and Eisenhauer, 18, had planned it over a meal at a cookout restaurant in Blacksburg, Virginia, where Nicole lived and where they went to school. She said that she and Eisenhauer had bought a shovel together before Nicole’s death, Pettitt said....

http://www.mycentraloregon.com/2016...ed-the-murder-of-13-year-old-emerge-in-court/

Speaking of the boyfriend...did she tell him after the murder or did she just go there to hide out? Did LE also bring him in for questioning?

Don't think we've heard anything about the boyfriend being questioned, though of course he may have been.

I wonder if he may have been the source of some of the "tips" LE received and followed...

Thanks for looking! NK was brought for questioning on 1/30 though, and booked just after midnight on 1/31. Still searching for the time...

Thanks for looking! NK was brought for questioning on 1/30 though, and booked just after midnight on 1/31. Still searching for the time...

Why do you feel sure she was questioned on the 30th? Because of the time stamp on booking photo (early a.m. on 31st?)?

ETA: And time on the charging documents.

I think you are right, but odd that several MSM reports mention her being found at her boyfriend's on 31st. Guess they were surmising, going by the arrest date only, not taking into account the "wee hours" factor?

An updated scanner, used for the first time in this investigation, helped police create a 3-D model of what they believe to be the crime scene in Montgomery County.

Snipped!

Just two weeks ago, police used that capability in a remote area of the Jefferson National Forest.

Now thanks to the scanner, that area of woods, where police say Nicole Lovell met her death, will live forever.

http://wsls.com/2016/02/18/police-explain-scanning-equipment-used-in-lovell-investigation/

While hunting for days/times on the subject BUF was asking about, I ran across one source that said FBI was the LE that questioned Natalie, at least in part. I didn't link it at first, but I will now, as I think it is an allowable source. But curious -- I know we've known that FBI was working in the case early, but do y'all remember hearing elsewhere that FBI was questioning Natalie?

...During the hearing, Montgomery County Commonwealth Attorney Mary Pettitt stated Keepers not only admitted to being part of the plot to kill Lovell, but told investigators where to find the girl's body and key pieces of evidence, ABC News reported. Pettitt said Keepers told the FBI where a blanket Lovell had at the time of her abduction was.

Pettitt also revealed how Keepers told investigators she and David Eisenhauer, an 18-year-old engineering student at Virginia Tech, bought a shovel and cleaning supplies together while Lovell was dead in his car....

...It was at that Tuesday news conference where Pettitt revealed "preliminary tests" indicated Lovell died from being stabbed....

http://www.universityherald.com/art...d-to-investigators-she-planned-the-murder.htm

My thinking is that NK did reveal the location of the body...but I am wondering if maybe investigators had already located Nicole by then.

All the reports indicate NK told police where to find the body, which is how they were able to find the body so quickly.

While hunting for days/times on the subject BUF was asking about, I ran across one source that said FBI was the LE that questioned Natalie, at least in part. I didn't link it at first, but I will now, as I think it is an allowable source. But curious -- I know we've known that FBI was working in the case early, but do y'all remember hearing elsewhere that FBI was questioning Natalie?

http://www.universityherald.com/art...d-to-investigators-she-planned-the-murder.htm

My thinking is that NK did reveal the location of the body...but I am wondering if maybe investigators had already located Nicole by then.

I don't have a source for that, but I have heard that the FBI has reached out to NK's high school friends, including FB contacts.

I think you may be right! It would be a good excuse to other people as to why she (NK) was spending time with DE. I'm still not convinced that NK actually had some other boyfriend, but if she really did, telling him that DE was helping her with some difficult math would be a good cover story. I just think if she actually had a boyfriend at VA Tech she wouldn't have been spending so much of her free time with DE or getting caught up and involved in a murder plot. JMO.

And while it seems she had a strong interest in math, because she joined the math club in high school and wanted to pursue a degree in engineering, she may not have had a particularly strong aptitude for math in general and that is why she began struggling at the college level. Still no reason to troll a 13 yr old and plot and participate in their murder! IDK.

I think you may be right! It would be a good excuse to other people as to why she (NK) was spending time with DE. I'm still not convinced that NK actually had some other boyfriend, but if she really did, telling him that DE was helping her with some difficult math would be a good cover story. I just think if she actually had a boyfriend at VA Tech she wouldn't have been spending so much of her free time with DE or getting caught up and involved in a murder plot. JMO.

And while it seems she had a strong interest in math, because she joined the math club in high school and wanted to pursue a degree in engineering, she may not have had a particularly strong aptitude for math in general and that is why she began struggling at the college level. Still no reason to troll a 13 yr old and plot and participate in their murder! IDK.

Kids that age (NK and DE's age) usually still have some of that insecurity that starts in the early teens. So, boyfriends and girlfriends are usually pretty jealous and would not be okay with their girlfriend spending time with someone of the opposite sex without a reason. I think maybe NK did encounter some trouble with math when she started college and maybe she did ask for help from DE. So it may have been true in the beginning. But evolved into what it ended up as. Because don't think that they were plotting the murder and still working on math at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member