VA - Paul Warner Powell due to die in Va. electric chair 6/14/2009

This really p*ss*s me off. This guy should have been taken out a long time ago. He doesn't deserve one more minute of breath. UGH!

Thanks for the update! I came on to check what happened!
It seems from what I read, that the 'double jeopardy' fine-print may have caused the stay?

Thanks also, to believe09, for your detailed explanation about how the prosecutor managed to get him the 'second time round'! :)

YW-:)

FWIW I think the stay was as a result of the other appeal that is making its way through the court...it actually has a prayer if I have the right motion because in it he pointed out that his counsel did not file a motion to have the prosecutions evidence of attempted rape (the fact that Stacey's zipper was partially down and the fact that her room was in disarray) thrown out which would leave the only proof of the aggravator his own letter...therefore it would be uncorroborated. I believe there was also incorrect information on his priors that were given to the jury...

At the risk of being biased, I do not think that double jeopardy came into play here because the prosecution completely threw out the charges from the first conviction and started from scratch. The gray area for me came when the second jury was told of the prior conviction but could not be told of the successful appeal of the conviction...again if I have my story straight.

It will be an interesting show down-Powell plays dirty for sure, but I pray whatever happens he never, ever walks the streets again.

Almost time to take the trash out.......

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/18/virginia.killer.letter/index.html?hpt=T2

The murderer of a 16-year-old girl faces electrocution Thursday after a letter bragging about his crimes got him a cell on Virginia's death row.
Attorneys for Paul Warner Powell plan no further appeals, and Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell has denied clemency. The U.S. Supreme Court in January refused to block the execution. The execution is set for 9 p.m. ET Thursday.

More at link.

Thursday is a good day to take out the trash. My sister lives down the road from the prison. Every time they pull that lever for another electrocution her lights dim.

I hope his execution goes through. This monster is one of the reasons that I do believe in the Death Penalty. I say Good riddance to bad rubbish. Have a horrible trip to hell you .

Thursday is a good day to take out the trash. My sister lives down the road from the prison. Every time they pull that lever for another electrocution her lights dim.

Call me wicked, but THAT is cool!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back