Found Deceased VA - Robert Bailey, 69, drove away from a family's member home in Suffolk, didn't arrive home to Newport News, 31 Dec 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Bailey-Image.jpg

Bailey-Truck-Image.jpg

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Police are currently looking for an elderly man who has been missing since New Year’s Eve.

According to Suffolk police, 69-year-old Tobert Bailey was last seen leaving the home of a family member in the Chuckatuck area of Suffolk on December 31. When he left, Bailey told witnesses he was heading back to his home in Newport News.

It is unknown if Mr. Bailey made it back to his Newport News home that night. Police say detectives have been to his home and spoken with neighbors and did not find him.

Bailey was seen driving a light blue 1998 Dodge Ram with Virginia tags of VLH-4021.

Suffolk to Newport News is about 38 miles.

It's been a long time, hopefully Tobert is somewhere safe. Where could he be?

Oh my goodness. I hope he didn't end up in the water somewhere. I'm sure that someone might have seen a broken guard rail. I wonder if he has dementia. I'd hope that they'd put that out there.

On January 2, 2022, Robert Bailey, age 69, was reported missing by family members.

Name appears to be Robert Bailey, family are referring to him as Robert as well. MSM had a typo.

Oh my goodness. I hope he didn't end up in the water somewhere. I'm sure that someone might have seen a broken guard rail. I wonder if he has dementia. I'd hope that they'd put that out there.

We have the same thoughts. I hope I'm wrong but I hope they are thoroughly searching the water. This map is just a general idea since we don't have exact addresses, but if he went home via US 258 S/Hwy 17S from Chuckatuck toward his home in Newport News, this would be the view starting out on the bridge. I'm not sure anyone would notice guardrail damage, especially if he flipped over somehow. There are also wetlands at the base that could be hiding a wrecked vehicle:

1674001065018.png

1674001116522.png

If he went the other way via I 664 this is the start of the bridge:

1674001794683.png

Those bridges remind me sooo much of an Adventures with Purpose search that I watched on youtube one time. They did find the vehicle off the bridge in that case. I have a bad feeling about this case and am praying I am wrong.

We have the same thoughts. I hope I'm wrong but I hope they are thoroughly searching the water. This map is just a general idea since we don't have exact addresses, but if he went home via US 258 S/Hwy 17S from Chuckatuck toward his home in Newport News, this would be the view starting out on the bridge. I'm not sure anyone would notice guardrail damage, especially if he flipped over somehow. There are also wetlands at the base that could be hiding a wrecked vehicle:

View attachment 396009

View attachment 396010

If he went the other way via I 664 this is the start of the bridge:

View attachment 396018

Those bridges remind me sooo much of an Adventures with Purpose search that I watched on youtube one time. They did find the vehicle off the bridge in that case. I have a bad feeling about this case and am praying I am wrong.
I'm actually from around the area. I wonder what time he left the relatives house. He could have also crossed a smaller bridge on route 17 before crossing either the James River Bridge or the Monitor Merrimac. I'd imagine that the MM bridge might have cameras on it too. We need a timeline here.

I'm actually from around the area. I wonder what time he left the relatives house. He could have also crossed a smaller bridge on route 17 before crossing either the James River Bridge or the Monitor Merrimac. I'd imagine that the MM bridge might have cameras on it too. We need a timeline here.

I read Niece "SJ" comments he was last seen leaving at 9:30pm on NYE heading home. Oh all those bridges really worry me!

Thanks for the update. Has anyone said if he might have had some kind of medical incident, or will they need to do an autopsy first?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back