GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

I think we would have had more charges by now if (a) they were abducted or (b) God forbid Sunny was sexually abused.

I'm sure they have done DNA on sunny and while both parents may not be her biological parents, I'm confident at least one of them is or we would have seen kidnapping charges.

l.jpg

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/38a7e7faac421baa12c4c9c3df897309/l.jpg

Sorry I forgot the link Salem...

We called the Gloucester County Sheriff's Office to check on how the Gore's little girl is doing. The office reports that she is currently in stable condition.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/mother-not-home-when-child-died

I love your post ,always.

I was not using the Shannon and Brian reported developmental issue as a reason for my theory. I was only coming up with reason as to why they would hide the children.
OXO

I do not believe the children had any developmental delays at all until their parents caused them. Either during birth without proper care or at home without proper care,or being fed and stimulated emotionally.

Shannon was able to hold jobs ,pay bills, drive a car. They had a dog to didnt they?
What makes it so hard for her to at least give the child the same level of attention as the DOG? Why was the dog better cared for? What does that tell us?

I just wanted to clarify the incest part before it grew legs of it's own. :)

I have heard some very ignorant things from some very educated people. It is my first daughter that has Down syndrome. With my second daughter I had complications. She was early, I almost bled to death and she was in the NICU for a couple days.

A family friend who is a teacher, a wonderful lady who adores my kids.... asked me if the lack of oxygen at birth caused Down syndrome in my second child too. :waitasec:

She knew how to recognize it... she had children in her class with Down syndrome... she just had no idea what CAUSED it apparently. :waitasec:

Very few people are unaware of what Down syndrome looks like. They may not have a clue of the cause, or what it really means or what to expect... but the majority of people know how to recognize it if it's visibly obvious.

I would love clarification on Sunny's condition.
Is her heart okay? Her starvation can cause issues with that even without anything else. Is she starting to interact at all? Moving around at all?

I'm guessing we won't get any clarification on anything until it comes out in court.

If Sunny had no disability prior to being put in that crib, that will come out in court.

I get the "very very rare cases genetic" from the cases that are inherited... meaning genetically passed on from parent to child.

My daughter didn't get Down syndrome because I carried a gene for it, like with Cystic Fibrosis. Because my daughter has Mosaic Down syndrome... which is not inherited, it is randomly occurring. (And I was 18, so it wasn't advanced maternal age either. We just got really lucky with her.)

However, it is not always random. There are very rare cases where it is actually inherited.

Genetically passed from a parent who is a carrier, to the child.

About 2% of all cases of Down syndrome. I know families who have 2 or 3 biological children with Down syndrome.

I will get you a link...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/down-syndrome/DS00182/DSECTION=causes

Translocation Down syndrome is the only form of the disorder that can be passed from parent to child.

However, only about 4 percent of children with Down syndrome have translocation.

And only about half of these children inherited it from one of their parents.

Thanks for your response, though I am aware of these things. I did mean incest possibly causes more genetic defects as the sperm has a similar makeup to the ovum. I'm not sure where you get the "very very rare cases genetic'' because it is an extra copy of the 21 chromosome which is a genetic defect of the person's DNA..

Your post did give me another idea as to why these people may have hid Sunny though.

Maybe they hid her because they were ashamed of her condition... Just this weekend I was talking to my dad and found out a friend of his had a brother with DS, except he used the term 'mongoloid' to describe him. That is an outdated term for DS as well, so maybe if her parents did know they too were ashamed of the child so told her to keep her hidden.

I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just trying to make sense of a senseless situation.

They didn't just hide Sunny and Golden Boy after birth, nobody ever knew they were pregnant to begin with.

With the third baby they announced the pregnancy immediately.

I still keep hoping to hear something from the grandparents, but nothing. Even Shannon's parents aren't saying anything in her defense. I wonder if they've been able/tried to see their grandchild they didn't know they had? Before the dna comes back i don't know if family services would even approve that, though. Anyone from VA know?

WAVY news 10 is going to air an interview tomorrow night (Monday, 5pm) with SG's mother. The woman apparently agreed to speak as long as her face was not shown. The reporter who did the interview seemed sort of weirded out by the whole thing, as in "this interview raises more questions than answers". Will post the link once it's online.

Here's a link to just the promo clip:
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/10-on-your-side-promo-two

Also, check out this comment stream on another WAVY story where someone insists that Shannon didn't have a baby in 2007 and talks about the little girl by name.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/mother-not-home-when-child-died

Interesting. I am curious about how she 'knows' that Shannon didn't have a baby in 2007.

The people commenting seem to believe that Smith is going to claim insanity for SG. Bet he is going for postpartum depression/psychosis.

I saw that post how she calls little Sunny by name, not sure if I can post it here, she must know the family?
I will also be really interested to see that interview with SG's mother, thanks for posting that.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of that little girl....

Interesting. I am curious about how she 'knows' that Shannon didn't have a baby in 2007.

The people commenting seem to believe that Smith is going to claim insanity for SG. Bet he is going for postpartum depression/psychosis.

I don't think i've heard of a PPP or PPD that lasted 6 years, also that would not explain the two pregnancies that she hid, nor would it explain the long term abuse she inflicted on Sunshine (no way do I believe that started after the latest birth) - it would take more than two months for a healthy child to become as incapacitated as Sunshine apparently was in April.

Hmmm. She would be smarter not to use the same posting nick she uses for everything else too. I wonder if she knew about this child, did she know anything else and why did she not think it odd that these children were secrets...

I'm tempted to send her an email tbh...
ok wtf... she seems to have another nickname and apparently she is a member of dreamindemon (another reality crime site more vulgar than WS)

WAVY news 10 is going to air an interview tomorrow night (Monday, 5pm) with SG's mother. The woman apparently agreed to speak as long as her face was not shown. The reporter who did the interview seemed sort of weirded out by the whole thing, as in "this interview raises more questions than answers". Will post the link once it's online.

Thanks for that. I found a tiny blurb about it on the Wavy site:

"Caged Girl
A family member kept in the dark breaks her silence - 10 On Your Side investigates - Monday at 6pm."

I'm sorry, but "kept in the dark" is a really poor choice of wording here, considering Sunny was "kept in the dark".....but anyway, I guess this means SG's mother was clueless? Is there anyone who can videotape it and post to youtube possibly?

i cant wait for this interview. I wont be able to see it tonight, but I will be back on tomorrow to see what this person says.

I'm watching SGs mother on the tv interview and all I can think is that she's a big liar. A big, huge liar. She claims she went to visit her daughter almost every day and NEVER saw the evidence of Sunshine... she's blaming her daughter's lies and secrets on immaturity. is what I say.

I am anxious to see the interview (I'm in Australia and can only see it online) - if SG's mother claims she visited her daughter almost everyday and never saw any evidence of Sunshine, then... SG's claims that sunshine had been caged up for 2 months and BG's claim she had been caged up since last summer - are false, more lies. If she was not confined until either of these dates the little girl would have been seen by SG's mother if she visited almost everyday.

I checked, they haven't posted it online yet. They did the interview in 3 parts (for ratings) and aired it at 5, 5:30 and 6. I watched all three and each time SGs mother spoke it seemed to me like she was trying to elicit sympathy from the community (poor us, we didn't know, we didn't know). Yet, how can you not know? The reporter asked her about the smell in the house (the urine/feces in her room was so bad it ruined the floor under the carpet) and the mother claimed she assumed it was the dog. Wouldn't a child make some noise? Unless SG and BG gave poor Sunshine benadryl or something to keep her quiet. The mother also stated that she 'always called' before she visited her daughter, and BG was rarely there, and went on to suggest that perhaps SG and BG removed the child prior to the mother's arrival. I'll keep checking to see if there's anything posted online.
I'm new to this community and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this or not, but I felt like the mother was a lying piece of trash who bred a lying piece of trash. Sorry if it's against the rules to say that.

Thank you for posting - I just looked for it too - nothing yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back