VA - Tyreek Davis, 3, Fredericksburg, 29 Sept 2004

Bobbisangel said:
Heck, the way the system works this guy will be out of prison in 3 1/2 yrs or so. I just can't stand the way criminals are treated. It's like the victim didn't matter at all.
The system doesn't work that way anymore, I don't think -- at least not for offenses like this. These days they have what they call "truth in sentencing" laws meaning you have to serve the vast majority, like 85% or so, of your time.

Not that eight and a half years is enough time either.

The reason Black only got ten years is because he took a plea. The prosecutors could prove Tyreek was dead, but they couldn't prove Black intentionally killed him. If they'd gone to trial, Black might have got acquitted because of that, and then got no time at all. It's pretty much a no-win situation.

Body Found Believed to be Missing Toddler Tyreek Davis

Feb 17th - 5:51pm

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - Authorities in Spotsylvania County say they believe skeletal remains pulled from Lake Anna Friday are those of 3-year-old Tyreek Davis.

Authorities say the remains were removed from about 18 feet of water in an area near a bridge on US-522. Spotsylvania County dive teams had worked much of Thursday and Friday before the body was recovered.

It will be taken to the state medical examiner's office in Richmond for positive identification.

Sheriff Howard Smith and Commonwealth's Attorney William Neely say a lawyer from Herman Black passed along information as to the location of the body. Black was convicted of manslaughter in Tyreek's death and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

He had entered a plea to a lesser charge despite his refusal to lead investigators to the body.

Tyreek was reported missing in September 2004

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=703011

*bump*

Any news on if the body was Tyreeks? At least the mother can have some closure...

It hasn't been "officially" confirmed I don't think, but I've resolved his case on my website already. I can't see how the body could be anyone else -- not since Black lead them to it.

fredericksburg.com | Your local news and community information source.

Authorities find remains believed to be Tyreek's

Spotsylvania authorities launch search after receiving new information in the case of 3-year-old boy who disappeared in September 2004.

Date published: 2/17/2006

What were believed to be the skeletal remains of 3-year-old Tyreek Davis were pulled from Lake Anna this afternoon, Spotsylvania County authorities said today.

The remains were removed from about 18 feet of water in an area near a bridge on U.S. 522, authorities said.

Spotsylvania County dive teams had worked much of today and Thursday before the body was recovered. It will be taken to the state medical examiner's office in Richmond for positive identification.

In a news conference, Sheriff Howard Smith and Commonwealth's Attorney William Neely said that Herman Black, who was convicted of manslaughter in Tyreek's death, gave his attorney Allen Bareford information about where the body would be. Bareford passed it on to investigators.
It’s all these years later but Herman Black maybe living with a friend of mine! And did they find the body of this baby?
I will never understand this judicial system. How could this man get only 10 yrs for taking the life of that little boy? The little boy's blood was on the man's clothing...he changed his story 3 times. Heck, the way the system works this guy will be out of prison in 3 1/2 yrs or i so. I just can't stand the way criminals are treated. It's like the victim didn't matter at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back