Val D'Auvray-- (NC) FOUND DECEASED BEHIND BREWERY RULED ACCIDENTAL DEATH-- 04/15/2022

Kermitskorner

Reaction score
VD was found deceased the day after easter (April 15th, 2022) behind TRU Colors Brewery in Wilmington, North Carolina. VD was a recovering from addiction with a local rehabilitation center in which he was employed at TRU Colors. Tru Colors has numerous locations, one including Wilmington near Wrightsville beach which employs active gang members.

I STRONGLY suggest you look at Xan Callihan tiktok which I have linked below. I have had contact with him, they are extremely frustrated with the way this case has gone due to the horrific negligence. He has explained very coherently the timeline of VD's death and the details of the investigation they were given.

(Xan Callihan (VD's Brother) Tiktok) --> JD's brother Tiktok in which he speaks on his brothers death & the suspicion behind the cause of death. I highly suggest looking through his first few posts which discuss VD.

(Tru Colors Brewery website link) --> Includes mission statement, an 8-week program, employment basis, and products sold by Tru Colors Brewery. Other deaths, shootings and violent crimes have been reported at Tru Colors other various locations around the United States.

(Val D'Auray death ruled accidental)--> Local Wilmington post discussing VD's death ruling as accidental in which family was not informed of death nor prior 911 calls from VD in distress. Autopsy was not performed even though the police explained VD had a single

"WILMINGTON — After four months of investigation and numerous questions from a family in grief, the Wilmington Police Department wrapped its examination into the death of Joseph Valentine Flor D’Auvray III. The department announced the closed case Friday in a press release: “There are no facts or circumstances unearthed during our investigation or through the autopsy that lead us to believe that this death was anything but a tragic accident.”

"D’Auvray’s family has questioned the WPD’s investigation since May. The father put out a missing person’s report a week before the death of his son — an outpatient at Coastal Horizons, who faced addiction struggles. No one contacted them, he said, after officers had interacted with the 33-year-old a day before he was found deceased at TRU Colors. According to the family, police said they were dispatched to a nursing home, where Val was attempting to break in. At first, they were told the incident happened on the day of his death, the father said. Police video footage released in July showed it took place the day before.Police told the family, according to the father, Val was delusional and erratic during the instance. Upon seeing video footage, his father recounted to Port City Daily the young man was speaking clearly about his state of fear and did not seem unsteady, perhaps a bit agitated. He added there was no indication Val was breaking into a facility (the officers did not arrest Val and let him go with a warning). "

How can I help?
Because I am not located in the U.S., I am geo-locked out of a lot of articles. I can't access links from portcitydaily, such as your link above, for example. And social media is not an approved source on Websleuths.

I do find his obituary and one article.

From August 26, 2022:
"The Wilmington Police Department has issued a statement to say they have decided, given no other evidence arises, to close the case on the death of Joseph Valentine Flor D’Auvray III. The WPD say that he was killed by an accidental fall from the roof of a building."

However his family believes "he feared for his life and that he was being chased one day before his death."

(More at link)

How can I help?
Because I am not located in the U.S., I am geo-locked out of a lot of articles. I can't access links from portcitydaily, such as your link above, for example. And social media is not an approved source on Websleuths.

I do find his obituary and one article.

From August 26, 2022:
"The Wilmington Police Department has issued a statement to say they have decided, given no other evidence arises, to close the case on the death of Joseph Valentine Flor D’Auvray III. The WPD say that he was killed by an accidental fall from the roof of a building."

However his family believes "he feared for his life and that he was being chased one day before his death."

(More at link)

[bbm]

maybe he was having delusions and that led to his death

That's what sounds most likely to me.

But I understand why his family finds it difficult to conclude that, without something like video or witnesses. Even with those, there are cases people still speculate about. It is extremely difficult to process.

It sounds like they also feel his missing person's report was mishandled by LE. which is sad, even if all policies were followed, IMO.

[bbm]

Which is what I thought at first. I'm trying to dig up better evidence but this has gone so quiet.

1. VD family was given the wrong location AND the wrong day of the first 911 call.
2. WPD releases body cam footage of VD and other officers (the day before his death)-- VD seems distressed but coherent and trying to connect with the officers. Which was never mentioned prior to the family asking the judge to order release of more footage/evidence.
3. In the body cam footage you head VD say "somebody pissed somebody off-- because-- they're after me."

Police never even ran through VD's name in any missing persons reports.

The company was founded with the mission to address gang-related violence in the community by hiring active gang members. TRU Colors sought to provide gang members with a steady salary and give them skills that would result in personal and professional growth.

Based on these facts, I would say that Joseph was not delusional that someone with a bat was out to get him. However, the police can only respond to the facts that they currently have. Joseph jumped or was thrown off the roof. There were no witnesses. They do not have any suspects. They cannot charge anyone right now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back