Validictorian to be deported

I don't care who said it, I think it is very offensive to many types of people!

I think many types of people need to lighten up. After all, this is America and we can pretty much say what we want to many types of people.

I'm unsurprised to learn that Robin Williams didn't write it. He's a very intelligent man.
I could totally see him saying this! He makes fun of the human race because we are sooo STUPID! I can see him saying this *making FUN* of people really feeling this way! Who ever wrote that was NOT serious. That piece is a satire piece. Ya know... tongue in cheek?

I could totally see him saying this! He makes fun of the human race because we are sooo STUPID! I can see him saying this *making FUN* of people really feeling this way! Who ever wrote that was NOT serious. That piece is a satire piece. Ya know... tongue in cheek?

The thing is...I think that whoever wrote that really was serious! And I see people applauding it.

I don't care who said it, I think it is very offensive to many types of people!
Oh lighten up! People need to learn to not be so hypersensitive to anything and everything other people say. Quit taking this stuff so personally. I think there are some very valid points in this piece, and it's funny too.

The thing is...I think that whoever wrote that really was serious! And I see people applauding it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: That is MY applause for the article. I'm with Jeana on this!!!!

OK, now back to the Mkoyan family. Now that more information has surfaced about the overstay on their visas, I think that the right thing for them to do is to return to Armenia, then immediately reapply stating all pertinent information - home ownership (if it applies), jobs, friends, college admission, and PROVE to the authorities that they are contributing members of American society. Fresno is a community filled with Armenian immigrants and their descendants, most of which are very productive members of society. There are even some wealthy Armenian attorneys like Warren Paboojian who should be their legal advocate. The son should be able to return on a student visa since he has already been accepted to college.

Oh lighten up! People need to learn to not be so hypersensitive to anything and everything other people say. Quit taking this stuff so personally. I think there are some very valid points in this piece, and it's funny too.

You say not to take it seriously but that there are valid points and you agree with it and so do others. Well then I think I should take it seriously too as serious as you. I have never felt prejudice in my life until the last couple of years when people started blaming illegals immigrants for the problems we are seeing in America. Every where we go people stare at us like we don't have the right to be here so please don't tell me not to take things seriously. I am a very lighthearted person most of the time and love a good joke but not one that offends people.

You say not to take it seriously but that there are valid points and you agree with it and so do others. Well then I think I should take it seriously too as serious as you. I have never felt prejudice in my life until the last couple of years when people started blaming illegals immigrants for the problems we are seeing in America. Every where we go people stare at us like we don't have the right to be here so please don't tell me not to take things seriously. I am a very lighthearted person most of the time and love a good joke but not one that offends people.

12 MILLION illegals in this country are creating many of the problems we face in America.

And the illegals don't have a right to be here. I'm not even remotely talking about you or any other hispanics.

12 MILLION illegals in this country are creating many of the problems we face in America.

And the illegals don't have a right to be here. I'm not even remotely talking about you or any other hispanics.

What problems would we face if we deported them all tomorrow? Who would work these low wage jobs such as restaurants, fruit pickers, meat packing plants, maid services? Have you ever thought of how that would impact our economy. We would being seeing prices raise way more for food then they are now. We would be buying fruit from foreign countries because we have nobody to pick ours. A 1/3rd of the citrus crop went unpicked last year because there were not enough workers to pick it.

What problems would we face if we deported them all tomorrow? Who would work these low wage jobs such as restaurants, fruit pickers, meat packing plants, maid services? Have you ever thought of how that would impact our economy. We would being seeing prices raise way more for food then they are now. We would be buying fruit from foreign countries because we have nobody to pick ours. A 1/3rd of the citrus crop went unpicked last year because there were not enough workers to pick it.

I don't think I ever said deport them all tomorrow, did I? I don't agree with deporting all of the illegals here from Mexico. Far from it. I think we need to first stop any more from coming illegally. Some need to be deported though, I'll be honest with you. Those with criminal records for instance. Why do we need to pay to keep them in American prisons? How about the people here on welfare who refuse or cannot get a job? Did they come here for the chance at a better life or simply to get a free ride? If the answer is they don't want to work or they don't need to work because even on welfare in America, they're better off than when they worked in Mexico, I'm sorry, but they don't need to be here.

If people from Mexico are ONLY staying in this country because they want to work the fields. Then those people probably only stay because its easier than trying to get back and forth over the border illegally, right? So, the guestworker program takes care of that.

But, since many of our older citizens and younger citizens are looking for jobs that are unavailable because they're being done by illegals, I say Americans need those jobs first.

Lastly, what makes you think that illegals are only doing unskilled jobs? There are some doing QUITE well here in all sorts of occupations, so don't let what they're trying to feed you go down without trying to swallow it! It just may end up choking you instead.

This whole thing just illustrates the utter idiocy of all the fear mongering and xenophobia of the last 8 years.

I think Arthur Mkoyan should marry an American citizen immediately upon his graduation. He could then take charge of his younger brother who IS already a US citizen. Can't think of any good solutions for the mom and dad, at this late date.

Why do we get to pick and choose who to keep and who to deport? In one story people say deport them all, never looking into the details. In this story people look at the kid and say he's a good guy so the rules shouldn't apply. What about the other million kids that were brought here illegally and didn't have a choice in the matter. What about the people that are working hard to support their families.

I don't like the pick and choose mentality. I think we can only pick and choose once policies are established that say things like were you brought to the US as a minor. Everyone deserves the same treatment and opportunity to present their case. Have you completed your schooling? Do you speek English? Do you pay taxes? How long have you been in the US? Do you own property? How have you contributed to society? etc. If we let this kid present his case, I think we would need to let everyone else present their case too.

I can't see how anyone would actually think it was a "serious" piece. I didn't take it that way. I thought it was meant to make us think about how stupid we act sometimes. I took it as a type of "Saturday Night Live satire" sort of thing. :bang:

Well it didn't take long for them to figure out that you didn't necessarily have to be Mexican to illegally get to America from Mexico.

LA JOYA, Texas (AP) -- Local police are accustomed to dealing with illegal border crossings but were astounded by the video of 15 Chinese immigrants unfolding themselves from the back of a sport-utility vehicle near this small border town.

The SUV appeared abandoned when police rolled up early on a recent Saturday morning. But when Border Patrol agents arrived and swung open the double rear doors, the Chinese immigrants tumbled out, squinting in the sunlight.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/06/texas.chinese.ap/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back