Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this is something that we can all agree on today:

Just watched JVM chase down one of the jurors. She's a nut bag IMO.

Just saw the jury breakdown... 8-4, in favor of DP. Wow.

There is a video of juror 9 from another news reporter. White/ gray ponytail guy. No comment from him, he seemed utterly exhausted. Said "perhaps" he would speak later

Breakdown just released. 8 to 4. For the DP.

Vinnie Politan just said the breakdown was 8-4 eight for death and four for life.

Good evening everyone...
:seeya:

HLN with Vinnie reporting the jury vote was 8-4 for the DP.

As good as Juan was, will he really be able to pull it off the second time around, assuming a jury can be seated?

At this moment I wonder if it's worth the try.

:truce:

I consider the no-decision today to be equivalent to a baseball rain out.
The home team ( JM ) had won the 1st 2 games by a rout and unfortunately, the skies opened up and caused a postponement of the 3rd game. The rain out has been rescheduled and the previous innings of the 3rd game don't count. However, the fans will not be reimbursed for their 3rd game tickets and will have to rearrange their schedules to attend the 3rd game.

Well enough with the baseball analogy ...

I applaud the decision of the County Attorney to move forward with another penalty phase, even though that decision may change based on various factors. My heart goes out to the Alexander family although I'm sure they will recharge, regroup, and move forward in Travis' honor. If I were them and given the fact they are 7, I would certainly look to the next penalty phase with an alternating schedule of attendance to alleviate the financial burden somewhat.

Even if Arias has received the death penalty today and IMO deserved it, she may have not been executed for many years. The average is 12 years, but Debra Milke has been on Death Row for 23 years. Also, who's to say the State of Arizona would not abolish the death penalty during the time leading up to Arias' execution. Not a sure thing ...

Also, LWOP at Perryville would be no picnic for Arias either. She would spend the first 3-5 years in 23-hour per day confinement and only would good behavior allow her a gradual upgrade in living privileges. But would access to other inmates actually be an upgrade for Arias ? Think of that narcissistic, vain, smug attitude mixed with the gang members at Perryville ... Arias would be forced to pick sides pretty quick and belly up to some really tough ladies. I personally don't see her surviving for too long ...

To me, Arias was sentenced to death when the jury came back with the 1st degree murder verdict. If indeed the next jury hangs and the judge is forced to decide between LWOP and parole after 25 years, I have faith the judge would go with LWOP forcing Arias into a painful obscurity the rest of her miserable life.

Perhaps the Alexander clan ought to visit ASPC Perryville, specifically the Lumley unit where the baddest of the bad are housed. It might just give them the renewed energy they will need to face the monster one more time.

What is the point in dissecting and critiquing the jury ... when we don't even know how many wanted death and how many wanted life. People are flying off the rails about this, so sure that one person lied and claimed they could issue a DP verdict but then backed out. Maybe that was the case, but how do we know that?! People are saying that one or two hold outs were the cause of the hung jury, and maybe that was the case...

But what if it was one or two death penalty people and everyone else wanted life? What if it was 10-2 in favor of life and one person who was so set on DP was the holdout? What if it was just one DP favored person refusing to negotiate down from the DP

I get being disappointed! I'm disappointed too... but many people on here are downright insulting the jurors and I don't feel they deserve that at all! We don't know how the jury was aligned. So a lot of the posts on here, calling them cowards, pathetic, worse than the P12 jury, how could they do this to the Alexander family, didn't do their jobs, blah blah blah! Those are all uncalled for because we don't know what happened in that deliberation room.

I stand by what I said, It's natural to try to understand and dissect what happened with this jury. I haven't seen any bashing but if it exists as above, it's rather puerile. But it should not be included in critique because bashing and critique are mutually exclusive concepts.

the dp opponents must have been the holdup, not the other way around? Why couldn't the dp advocates come down to lwop and be done. `````

The jurors wanting dp would be very reluctant to back down because it would not be up to the jury to give her lwop. That is left to the judge. They could only say life and it could end up that ja could be eligible for parole in 20 years. That is quite a risk if you are voting for death.

Per HLN - 8 to 4 for Death.

I had thought there was only one or maybe 2 so, the jury was, indeed hung.

Ponytail had the options of being taking away from the court house like all the others did and have been doing. He chose not to and instead to walk right in front of all the media, down the street, pick up a bus pass and take the bus. I do not blame the media for speaking to him and honestly I felt JVM was decent to him. She apologized at almost every question in case he felt it was innapropriate and then asked it. She didn't push it and went onto another.

If this guy wanted to be left alone and just go home he could have done so with the rest but by doing what he has done the entire world now know what he looks like and probably where he lives since he could have easily been followed.

I'm not trying to take one side or the other, it's just silly to expect the world to ignore him when his choice was to show the world his face directly out of the court room and right past the media.
I agree with you 100%. He knew the press would recognize him and want to chat. In fact, I posted earlier I thought he was looking for a little celebrity. Why else would he stroll in front of the media instead of being taken away on the bus like ALL the other jurors? I'm not judging him.....just sayin.

This will be a tough Memorial Day for the Alexanders. For all of us it is sad to visit the graves of our lost loved ones. But, for them, without closure this will be a heart-wrenching visit. I hope they know Travis is so grateful for the dedication they have put forth to get the Murder 1 conviction. And whatever they choose from here on out, they should just follow their hearts. And even tougher during this holiday time, June 4th is 12 days away.

Here are all the icons I could find to send some love their way.
:blowkiss::loveyou::heartbeat::heartluv::luv::hug::rose::blue::beats:

I skipped many pages - I wonder if it is feasible for the Alexander family to start their "Civil Suit" to stop CMA now.

I think they had a very strong criminal trail, I'm pretty sure they will have an overwhelming civil case. In a civil trial they have to prove a preponderance of the evidence and clear and convincing evidence.

FOUR jurors voted for DEATH.
EIGHT voted for LIFE.

per HLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads