verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what did Beth say, please?

Whatever it was, it was calm and rational and intelligent. No racing through a crowded courthouse yelling "FIRE!!" the way her little friend Jean Cesarez is prone to do. :rolleyes:

That wasn't helpful in answering your question, was it? lol Sorry.

Popping in and out, signed up for alerts so if I am at work I can take lunch and go to my car and listen in.

At first it was disappointing to realize another day was/has gone by without a verdict, but I agree with Karmaclaw, this verdict/decision could have an impact on whether a person lives or dies, no matter what kind of evil they are. Most humans don't blindly make that decision and its hard to believe there isn't a 'reason' why a person would commit murder. I truly believe once the emotional part of the deliberations are over, the common sense, evidence part will take over. This jury had some very logical questions. They were interested in have some parts explained. They seem to have common sense. While the waiting is difficult, I still have 100% faith in them.

K

Let's remember folks, the jury on the Scott Peterson case took only one vote during deliberations and it was unanimous. They went through the case first. I think that it would be good for everyone to remember that this is Death Penalty case. it really doesn't get any more serious than this kind of a verdict...that leads to a potential decision to take another person's life. It's so easy for us to judge them with our emotions and impatience (myself included).

All of the speculation is not only mind-boggling, it's downright unhealthy. Personally, I am going to release the outcome to the Universe. I believe in justice and in mercy. Most importantly, I want for all of us to rest in peace tonight and not grant permission for Stabby Einstein to deprive us of our healthy mind today or tomorrow.

Let this juror take their time if they must. This is NOT any other case. It is foolhardy to allow confirmation bias to take root and compare this to any other case. If the verdict is not M!, then we can rightfully debate. However, we have got to let this jury deliberate and we should send all of our energy to those 12 unenviable individuals and the Alexander family. All.of.it.

The way I see it, I have no right to demand the jury act on my impatience. Worry will not change a dang thing.

The world of social media is collectively insane right now. I can't believe how much more productive I was once I stopped waiting and watching.

I hope I can do it again tomorrow....because trust me, I'm a study in contrasts.

Post of the day! Thanks!!

If I were on the jury, even if I was convinced of my vote, I would understand the gravity of the decision we were making. I would be more than willing to take the time to go through the evidence, points of confusion, etc so as much as possible, everyone was comfortable in their decision. They have to live with this decision for the rest of their lives. They have taken almost 14 hours so far. That is less than four minutes per day of testimony they heard. (54 days divided by 14 hours). That is NOT a lot of time.

:seeya: Have a Juanderful night sluthers!! Doctor gave me a muscle relaxer for my back and I think it is going a very early night to bed. :eek:fftobed:

Hope your back feels better soon, Beccaboo! :rockon:

I would like to make a comment about a post on the previous thread that was disgusted with what Travis said on the sex tape. No one says that Travis was a perfect human being! God knows, no one is perfect, but to let a comment about a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm get to you, and you solely judge an individual on such a comment is wrong. I agree the comment was not in good taste, but it also needs to be taken in context in which it was said....that being a conversation during phone sex between 2 consenting adults that are talking about their sexual fantasies. It seems odd to me that anyone would take literal offense to such a random comment. Especially when we are 'eaves dropping' on a very personal and confidential situation.

Everyone is aware that people role play numerous scenarios in their private sexual encounters. Some like to play master and slave, but that doesn't mean they literally want to be enslaved. If you go to any adult entertainment establishment, you will see many a dancer dressed up as a school girl, in school girl outfits with pigtails and pony tails. That doesn't mean these men want to watch actual underage schoolgirls dancing...it's all fantasy! If you had the chance to listen to anyones sexual conversations, you would undoubtedly hear some kinky, far-out things, much worse than anything on that tape played in court. Even mainstream rock videos play up the under-age school-girl theme. Some examples being Britney Spears, "Baby One More Time", or others like it. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever, nothing, zilch, that Travis was a pedophile or liked underage girls or boys! You may not like what he said, but that means nothing. So try to keep an objective view of what's important in this trial. The defense brought up things like this to play on the emotions of some people. That was the only reason this type of evidence was introduced. By the reactions of some people, it seems to be working. Let's not lose sight of who is the 'bad person' here!
Besides that, most 12-year-olds are ignorant about sex. I know because I am surrounded by them daily, and I have one. They are not out there having sex, most girls haven't even gotten their periods yet and may not know what they are. One girl fantasized about being raped- I think because she doesn't understand what it really means, or she was going for shock value. That's probably what Travis was getting at- trivializing Jodi for the fake way she sounded.

I would like to make a comment about a post on the previous thread that was disgusted with what Travis said on the sex tape. No one says that Travis was a perfect human being! God knows, no one is perfect, but to let a comment about a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm get to you, and you solely judge an individual on such a comment is wrong. I agree the comment was not in good taste, but it also needs to be taken in context in which it was said....that being a conversation during phone sex between 2 consenting adults that are talking about their sexual fantasies. It seems odd to me that anyone would take literal offense to such a random comment. Especially when we are 'eaves dropping' on a very personal and confidential situation.

Everyone is aware that people role play numerous scenarios in their private sexual encounters. Some like to play master and slave, but that doesn't mean they literally want to be enslaved. If you go to any adult entertainment establishment, you will see many a dancer dressed up as a school girl, in school girl outfits with pigtails and pony tails. That doesn't mean these men want to watch actual underage schoolgirls dancing...it's all fantasy! If you had the chance to listen to anyones sexual conversations, you would undoubtedly hear some kinky, far-out things, much worse than anything on that tape played in court. Even mainstream rock videos play up the under-age school-girl theme. Some examples being Britney Spears, "Baby One More Time", or others like it. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever, nothing, zilch, that Travis was a pedophile or liked underage girls or boys! You may not like what he said, but that means nothing. So try to keep an objective view of what's important in this trial. The defense brought up things like this to play on the emotions of some people. That was the only reason this type of evidence was introduced. By the reactions of some people, it seems to be working. Let's not lose sight of who is the 'bad person' here!

The comment he made during phone sex with his girl means absolutely nothing...

Lets not forget she was talking like a little girl throughout the convo...

He probably didn't even know he was being recorded by the psycho...

Seriously? That is 10 AM their time, not the agreed upon 9AM last Friday. Is this right???

Oh man, I thought 1pm their time and I thought at least I could finally get some work done at work!

Seriously, I bet they dealt with the traffic coming in at 9 and decided 10 worked better for them,

Here's to hoping tomorrow is the day that Travis gets justice.

Sorry, but NG is way out of line tonight. I would have walked off that set in a heartbeat.

Oh Snap. Nancy just yelled at Jean, and Jean got snippy back at her!

Ooh jean C giving Nancy a little attitude lol

Exactly

My dearest peeps, I am not one bit worried about this jury.

As many of you have pointed out in detail (because that's how you Sleuthers roll), the jurors do NOT know all the info we do.

Moreover, the jurors have not had the luxury of playing and replaying each day's evidence, not only at the end of the day, but even weeks after testimony was given. They have the evidence, and they have their notes.

They don't know our David Lohr, our KatieCoo. They didn't watch Vinnie and Mike playact the closet fantasy. Mikee Daniels is unknown to them.

The jurors haven't had the benefit of contemplating insightful comments from our wonderful posters who are verified lawyers, health care and mental health professionals.

They have heard ALL the testimony that we have heard--but they have been FORBIDDEN to talk with one another about it for over 4 months! Can you imagine?

They are looking at each of those 600+ pieces of evidence with completely different eyes than we have.

Honestly? If it were not for some of my fellow posters here, I don't think the gas can testimony would have made as much sense to me as it instinctively did to some of you. My mind doesn't work in those analytical, math-y, liquid volume-y ways--and if I were a juror relying only on evidence & my notes of testimony... well, I can't say I would have known exactly what to take notes on in that part, or how to organize that information in my mind.

So there are 12 of them, each with their own quirks like that, trying to get to a conclusion. Some are spatial. Some spaced out for parts of testimony. Some need to see it to believe it, and some need to hear it to understand it. Some took copious notes, and yet no two of their notebooks will be the same. Some will need them to perform their own re-enactment of the "lunge/chase down the hall/magical leap" scenario. Some will need to see it all drawn out in a timeline on a whiteboard.

They have SO MUCH to do in there. We must trust, and give them time to do it.

Oh JC, they were taking a break and coming in and out.

BFD! She's too much.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367972254.083750.jpg Got this from Chris Hughes twitter. He snapped this outside the courthouse. It's too sweet, and still heartbreaking. I'm uploading this from tappatalk and Im not quite sure how it works, so please forgive me if I blow any margins.

Oh now Jean Cesarez is ticked off because Nancy yelled at her to just answer her question.

Jean insisting that they're upset.

Beth Karas saying the jurors were chatting happily until they were in view of the public and press, then they turned somber. They had been smiling beforehand.

Jean Cesarez then said, "We don't know if they were laughing with each each other. There were bailiffs opening the doors for them so it could have been that."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hate to use the word "enjoy" about this case, but I'm not sure what other word to use, but, I digress - I've enjoyed watching this trial with you all and the discussions. My thoughts are with the Alexander family tonight.

Ha BK's description made NG questions JC again how the "defiant" female juror.

I'm waiting for a Alexis and Krystal moment

Let's remember folks, the jury on the Scott Peterson case took only one vote during deliberations and it was unanimous. They went through the case first. I think that it would be good for everyone to remember that this is Death Penalty case. it really doesn't get any more serious than this kind of a verdict...that leads to a potential decision to take another person's life. It's so easy for us to judge them with our emotions and impatience (myself included).

All of the speculation is not only mind-boggling, it's downright unhealthy. Personally, I am going to release the outcome to the Universe. I believe in justice and in mercy. Most importantly, I want for all of us to rest in peace tonight and not grant permission for Stabby Einstein to deprive us of our healthy mind today or tomorrow.

Let this juror take their time if they must. This is NOT any other case. It is foolhardy to allow confirmation bias to take root and compare this to any other case. If the verdict is not M!, then we can rightfully debate. However, we have got to let this jury deliberate and we should send all of our energy to those 12 unenviable individuals and the Alexander family. All.of.it.

The way I see it, I have no right to demand the jury act on my impatience. Worry will not change a dang thing.

The world of social media is collectively insane right now. I can't believe how much more productive I was once I stopped waiting and watching.

I hope I can do it again tomorrow....because trust me, I'm a study in contrasts.
Thanks wasn't enough. Very well said!

1 pm. Not 10 am???

Hmmmm...

they are resuming at 1:00 tomorrow? that is ridiculous. it doesn't sound to me that they are taking this very seriously. there is a family in misery.

what is the freaking deal? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member