verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Marc Klass made me feel much better about waiting on the Jury. NG blew him off too. ??

Oh man, I thought 1pm their time and I thought at least I could finally get some work done at work!

Seriously, I bet they dealt with the traffic coming in at 9 and decided 10 worked better for them,

Here's to hoping tomorrow is the day that Travis gets justice.

Traffic is really bad at that time of day. I was surprised they picked 9:00 a.m.

Thank you for your post.

"Here's to hoping tomorrow is the day that Travis gets justice."

These jurors have been hanging out with each other for months, I'm not surprised they have groups that get along .. and JC maybe the juror was walking like that because she was annoyed at the MEDIA being there??

Special Relativity and all that!

Yep, good point. And let's not forget JC's little witness stand performance. That chick is all about camera time. Perhaps her approval rating isn't as high as she'd like, or maybe has been reading our comments...

If I were a juror on this case I would be taking time to hear every other juror's opinions about anything they wanted to talk about in order to get a sense of where each juror might go when the question of the DP was on the table.

They know that two more mini trials are still ahead, and that the most difficult decision is yet to come. Taking time now to invest in getting to know each other and to bond as a group would make perfect sense.

I was the right age during the days of sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Talking dirty on the phone isn't new. Probably started as soon as the first people got phones.

And crotch shots? Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse, anyone? And *advertiser censored*'s as old as film.

So no, I don't think there's much I'm not familiar with.

Every generation thinks they invent sex and partying it seems.

Since I have served as a juror I have come to the conclusion that a simple IQ test and simple question test should be given potential jurors during the selection process. I think they should have to be qualified to serve on a jury, period. I've seen jurors who I thought had smoked entirely too much MJ over the years and I've seen some who had absolutely no clue why they were on a jury. Some of them just had this blank look on their faces and couldn't recall even the most obviously simple evidence shown during the examinations. Some want to try the case in the juror room only they make up the evidence in their own minds. Some of them don't understand any of the instructions at all. Some of them can't even read the instructions. Think about it, these jurors are deciding actual life and death cases. Scarey.
ETA: This is true, y'all. One juror after looking at actual crime scene photos of two toddlers, one with her throat cut all the way to the spine and one with their intestines spilled out on her bed after being gutted, made the comment "This isn't anything, I"ve seen worse on videos!". I'm not embellishing any, really.

View attachment 33522 Got this from Chris Hughes twitter. He snapped this outside the courthouse. It's too sweet, and still heartbreaking. I'm uploading this from tappatalk and Im not quite sure how it works, so please forgive me if I blow any margins.

Awwwww... that is so precious. Glad you shared it with us.

Oh boy....NG has her blurred filter on. Split screen shots show HD picture left and right while her shot in the middle is softly "beautified" yuck!

I thought the 'fog' had rolled in on NG.

Sorry for OT...

Chris Cuomo's interview w/ Amanda Knox is on CNN tonight @ 10 ET. Should be interesting.

Popping in and out, signed up for alerts so if I am at work I can take lunch and go to my car and listen in.

At first it was disappointing to realize another day was/has gone by without a verdict, but I agree with Karmaclaw, this verdict/decision could have an impact on whether a person lives or dies, no matter what kind of evil they are. Most humans don't blindly make that decision and its hard to believe there isn't a 'reason' why a person would commit murder. I truly believe once the emotional part of the deliberations are over, the common sense, evidence part will take over. This jury had some very logical questions. They were interested in have some parts explained. They seem to have common sense. While the waiting is difficult, I still have 100% faith in them.

K

But the someone who lives or dies is Jodi Arias.

(Just kidding.................well, not really.)

I'm wondering why there has to be a disagreement going on in the jury room. There are over 600 pieces of evidence. Because it's a death penalty case, I would want to go through evidence that validates my decision, and what it is the defense is saying that makes my decision invalid.

Maybe, they all agreed on the first vote, but want to be able to answer to it in their own consciences later on. I really don't want them to rush through, and not be able to live with themselves later on. What a huge responsibility it is to hold someone's life in your hands.
:twocents:

Makes sense that they would want to make sure they're making the right decision, but I don't agree that they are holding her life in their hands right now. That comes with the sentencing phase. All they should be considering right now is whether she's guilty of murder or not (yes she is - she confessed), and whether or not there was premeditation present when she committed the murder (I think the State put forward a strong case for that).

Her life won't end with a guilty verdict, but it sure would cramp her lifestyle for the rest of her miserable life. And that to me would be a good thing. :jail:

No matter how anxious we are JA is on a wild ride. Her arrogance will convince her she will not get Murder 1. Her dreams will convince her otherwise. Well worth the wait if JA is suffering greatly.

Not so sure about the dreams part. I'm betting with another day of no verdict her cockiness will ramp up even more.

Thanks for this. I have a friend who treats ordering a meal in a restaurant or buying a gift as if it's the most important decision she will ever make. Its tough to be her, and she's an irritating, but lovely person. I can't imagine her on a jury! The verdict would take forever and she would second guess herself the rest of her life.

I agree Scarlett, it took us three days to send somebody to jail for just 3 years and I was the jury foreperson. The evidence was clear to all but two of the jurors, one man and one woman who were the kind of people who were very poor at making decisions.....ANY decision...so we just carefully led them both through all the aspects of the evidence until they were comfortable enough to make their mind up. Even then you could see their discomfort in forming the word "Guilty". If we all alike, life sure would be boring.

Edit: Please don't misunderstand, I know what you mean about being really sure but some people need more than that.:blushing:

BBM

My dearest peeps, I am not one bit worried about this jury.

As many of you have pointed out in detail (because that's how you Sleuthers roll), the jurors do NOT know all the info we do.

Moreover, the jurors have not had the luxury of playing and replaying each day's evidence, not only at the end of the day, but even weeks after testimony was given. They have the evidence, and they have their notes.

Great, logical and succinct. Thanks

Edited|. Did not include in "quote" entire original post.

LOL@ Jean C.

Is she jealous of Beth or something?

I love Beth, and used to tolerate Jean without any problem. As time has passed, hln has become more sensationalist than ever before. It actually saddens me a bit to see people I respected (generally) be swayed by the network. I put up with it, to watch the trial coverage every day. Their new format has lost me..I can't stand it. After this verdict it will be internet for me! I don't care if I have to wear a backpack and earbud around the house!

It's too bad we can't go back to the old 'Court TV' format, without all the hype, silliness, and hollering.

Since I have served as a juror I have come to the conclusion that a simple IQ test and simple question test should be given potential jurors during the selection process. I think they should have to be qualified to serve on a jury, period. I've seen jurors who I thought had smoked entirely too much MJ over the years and I've seen some who had absolutely no clue why they were on a jury. Some of them just had this blank look on their faces and couldn't recall even the most obviously simple evidence shown during the examinations. Some want to try the case in the juror room only they make up the evidence in their own minds. Some of them don't understand any of the instructions at all. Some of them can't even read the instructions. Think about it, these jurors are deciding actual life and death cases. Scarey.
I agree, all you need is a DL for jury duty.

Why,What is she doing-TIA

She appears to be going way beyond her normal pissed off Abe Lincoln thing and is personally chastising and belittling her guests. I dunno, just seemed a bit more over the top than usual...although, I will admit that I rarely make it through an entire NG broadcast.

Why on God's green earth would TA make reference to a 12 year old IF he had just been found out by JA and, according to her, hated himself for it??

Because there was no pedophilia. AT ALL.

That is a really good point.

Since there is a one in a million chance Jean C is right....can somebody tell me which juror is said to look like Jodi's mother? It would be interesting to know what KCL has said about her in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babken