verdict watch 5/7/2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that 13 hrs of deliberating is a very long time for this jury. I agree with Katie on DD last night that they are going over everything.....there was what....600 plus pieces of evidence....that's a lot of evidence to go thru. They are doing their job and will come back with Murder 1 and they have to do it before Friday morning because I have a dr.'s apt for a stress test (LOL) and I cannot miss this......not after 4 months!!

I do agree and when i think about it 13 hours is only a little over an hour talk time per juror (if split evenly) ! I've been talking about this case since January (actually really for years..) and an hour of thought sharing isn't long for a 5 month case! Moo!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I just finished reading 'A stolen life' written by Jaycee Dugard. I was in tears reading it.

It gave me a lot of insight into how and why victims think and feel the way they do. In Jacyee's case she grew so dependant on Phillip. She thought he loved her and would cry sometimes when he wasn't around. This is the man who kidnapped, raped and kept her captive in his house for 18 years!

I think I understand better why Travis allowed JA to remain in his life. Even after whatever horrible thing she had done he still allowed her to remain in his home on that fateful day in June. He probably had sex with her and allowed her to take photos of him in the shower. Travis never ever suspected that a person who snoops and stalks could ever able capable of such a horrific murder. No way. He really was an innocent and naïve boy much like the little girl Jaycee who believed her abuser was a nice man except when he raped her!

Justice for Travis, hopefully today...

If they haven't good luck, that stress machine may explode :floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

and to make it worse.....I have to have the kind where they inject me with some kind of "glow in the dark" substance.....wouldn't that be a site... :floorlaugh:

I hope they come out with the right verdict. In my view no matter what there is no reason to kill/slaughter a person in any manner.she killed him 3 times. and in court she tried to kill anything he stood for. the most painful was when JM said, while she was stabbing him in the back he could see her in the mirror murdering him.. what suffering Travis when through must have been hell on earth while he watches this evil killer take his life...

I do agree and when i think about it 13 hours is only a little over an hour talk time per juror (if split evenly) ! I've been talking about this case since January (actually really for years..) and an hour of thought sharing isn't long for a 5 month case! Moo!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

and you know how us women are.....I hate watching the shows when they have too many women talking...all talking at the same time, over each other, like a cat fight......let's hope that they are all on the same page and just gotta get it out....those poor male jurors... :seeya:

Keep the faith friends, if we think we are stressed, imagine the Alexanders. They are a family of eight siblings, with husbands, wives, boyfriends, children, all trying to stay distracted, all praying and pacing.

Be strong and have good faith for them. No more worried talk. Let's believe it is going to turn out to be a verdict of murder one. Let's believe God hears our prayers. Katie Wick said she is not worried after watching the jury come and go yesterday. She said they become sober when they become aware of the cameras, but otherwise they are chatting together, seem cohesive. They may be taking hours just to get through the jury instructions, then going through the evidence, before they even take their first vote, according to a juror on the Michael Jackson/Conrad Muray trial. That is what she said on HLN. When I was on juries we took a vote FIRST, just to see if by chance we were already in agreement, we did it that way each time and over the years I have served on four juries. However, over the last couple of days, we have heard from folks from Scott Peterson jury, and others who describe exactly what this lady from the Michael Jackson jury said, that they went through the evidence, BEFORE even the first vote. I feel a LOT better now, realizing that is likely a reasonable explanation for why the initial vote didn't reveal we are good to go. Cut. Scene. Call the baliff to alert the judge.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/07/travis-family-waiting-juans-call

As far as Jean saying one of the jurors looked defiant, she could very easily just have been pissed off to see the media so close to her, and worried that she could be thrown off the jury, like number five, in a heart beat if she offered up any clues, so she hastened her pace. I recall everyone thought the lady they nicknamed Strawberry on the Scott Peterson trial was likely a hold out, and they were so worried over her. When the jury was interviewed, everybody found out, despite her funny died pink hair, she had very traditional values and she was HAVING NONE OF Scott's bs. She was adamant, he deserved the dp. SO, what we learned from that, is we cannot, CAN NOT worry over how a reporter interprets one's demeanor.

For ANJ here is the clip about Jodi running after the car, when Travis' friends invited him to their home, to get a break from Jodi . WOW . Pathetic. Sad, tired and pitiful.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/02/travis-friend-jodi-ran-after-our-car

Juan made the sky blue in closing, in my opinion. Let the jury take their time. Never before, and likely never again will they ever have to decide if someone murdered someone in cold blood and should die for it. I am ashamed to say that I let my dog suffer a little too long before putting her down because I just could not gather my courage to let her go, and that was just a dog. Can you imagine a human life in your hands? They have to live with their decision for the rest of their lives. There is no do over. Let's be glad they are being careful and thorough. Let us be of good faith friends.

Juan Martinez, my hero http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/02/juan-jodi-arias-told-litany-lies

Keep the faith friends, if we think we are stressed, imagine the Alexanders. They are a family of eight siblings, with husbands, wives, boyfriends, children, all trying to stay distracted, all praying and pacing.

Be strong and have good faith for them. No more worried talk. Let's believe it is going to turn out to be a verdict of murder one. Let's believe God hears our prayers. Katie Wick said she is not worried after watching the jury come and go yesterday. She said they become sober when they become aware of the cameras, but otherwise they are chatting together, seem cohesive. They may be taking hours just to get through the jury instructions, then going through the evidence, before they even take their first vote, according to a juror on the Michael Jackson/Conrad Muray trial. That is what she said on HLN. When I was on juries we took a vote FIRST, just to see if by chance we were already in agreement, we did it that way each time and over the years I have served on four juries. However, over the last couple of days, we have heard from folks from Scott Peterson jury, and others who describe exactly what this lady from the Michael Jackson jury said, that they went through the evidence, BEFORE even the first vote. I feel a LOT better now, realizing that is likely a reasonable explanation for why the initial vote didn't reveal we are good to go. Cut. Scene. Call the baliff to alert the judge.

As far as Jean saying one of the jurors looked defiant, she could very easily just have been pissed off to see the media so close to her, and worried that she could be thrown off the jury, like number five, in a heart beat if she offered up any clues, so she hastened her pace. I recall everyone thought the lady they nicknamed Strawberry on the Scott Peterson trial was likely a hold out, and they were so worried over her. When the jury was interviewed, everybody found out, despite her funny died pink hair, she had very traditional values and she was HAVING NONE OF Scott's bs. She was adamant, he deserved the dp. SO, what we learned from that, is we cannot, CAN NOT worry over how a reporter interprets one's demeanor.

For ANJ here is the clip about Jodi running after the car, when Travis' friends invited him to their home, to get a break from Jodi . WOW . Pathetic. Sad, tired and pitiful.

Juan made the sky blue in closing, in my opinion. Let the jury take their time. Never before, and likely never again will they ever have to decide if someone murdered someone in cold blood and should die for it. I am ashamed to say that I let my dog suffer a little too long before putting her down because I just could not gather my courage to let her go, and that was just a dog. Can you imagine a human life in your hands? They have to live with their decision for the rest of their lives. There is no do over. Let's be glad they are being careful and thorough. Let us be of good faith friends.

Juan Martinez, my hero http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/02/juan-jodi-arias-told-litany-lies

beautiful post!

the killer lied so much and even told the jury about the lies she made as to not to get caught. hope the jury dismiss anything the killer had to say on the stand.hope everything ALV and RD and the griffner guy said was also dismissed . they all told make up lies .

Morning guys! :seeya:

Going to work today and hopefully will be focused on my other things so I won't be sitting in front of my computer....waiting and waiting.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a verdict today. :rockon:

For the list of what we heard that the jury did not, check out this friend saying not only was Jodi not Travis' dirty little secret, JODI made sure everybody knew they had an intimate relationship.Publicly. Overtly. He details how they were all at church at a wedding reception and Jodi walks up behind Travis while he was talking to his buddy, she never even said hello, she stared kissing Travis on his neck, sucking on his ear, really, REALLY being inappropriate. During the entire thing, she never once looked at the friend and said anything, poor Travis was mortified.

You just can't make this stuff up. No wonder Travis came to realize this chick is not marriage material!

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/02/online-exclusive-travis-former-roommate

Also, for your list Wendy Murphy points out something interesting , although Jodi has only dense fog and recalls nothing about a knife during the murder, during her Ninja story she details things in the killing about a knife. Isn't that special? http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/30/biggest-blunders-jodi-arias-trial

RE The List: Friends of Travis wisk him away in their car and Jodi runs after them. Forgot who the friends were, PPL, at a convention I think. Saw it on HLN, forget which show. Gee but I am getting foggy. The idea was to get AWAY from her, hide away at their house.

Saw it on JVM show: friend D’Ann Dabell said they were on a business retreat and Travis said JA was suffocating him in the sense of needing to know where he was 24/7. They offered to take him to their house for a bit (@45 min. away) & he agreed. JA saw them leaving and started running after them.
video at:

another thing that I am wondering about.....JA's father, wonder if he "saw" an engagement ring on her finger when JA told him that they were gonna get married? Remember in the tape of him with Det. F....he said that they were gonna get married, or that JA told him that? I know I am not dreaming here....am I?

That s a great question.... I d remember her father saying JA was supposed to marry him. Wonder if he saw a ring, too.

Your post is on the money and beautifully written, everyone should feel calmer about this whole mess and positive that justice will prevail. Thanks for putting this in words.

Wishing everybody a hopeful day, today.

RIP Travis.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5-7-2013 day three of verdict watch

Deanna Reid on Dr Drew http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/07/deanna-reid-jodi-wanted-embarrass-me

Doctor Drew: We have with us Travis Alexander's first true love, maybe his only true love. Jodi's defense attorney was awful to her. Deanna thank you for joining us tonite. :blushing: I am so sorry you have to go through this. I have read that Travis trusted you, that you were really a part of him, that you really knew this man. How do you feel now?

Deanna Reid: Thank you for having me. I am doing good. I feel good about standing up for Travis telling the truth about him, I knew it was important , and I am glad I had a chance to do it.

DD: Travis used to say whoever he married would have to get used to you being around. You were going to be in his life, forever. WHere did Jodi come from in this story

DR: She just threw herself at him, big time.

DD: Tell us about the time Travis asked you to go check on his dog, when he was out of town, you got there and to your surprise there was Jodi, making herself at him, making cookies.

DR: Yes, Travis called me, and told me that he wanted me to go over, so of course I agreed to go check on Napoleon. I loved that dog. I walked in, I see Jodi, she is sitting on the couch with Travis' laptop. She offered me a cookie. I kind of knew about the slashing tires, and some stalking behaviors. And there she was in his house, she had broken into his house...

Jenny: Do you think the sex talk has taken away from the fact that Travis was brutally murdered.

Mark: Deanna, I admired you so much while you were testifying. How did you not react?

DR: I knew I had to be that way. I knew Nurmi wanted to humiliate me. Jodi wanted to humiliate me, I would not give her what she wants, so I just stood up for myself and I told the truth. I feel good about it.

Kristie: Travis left the dog to you in his will.

DR: Jodi tried to tell folks that Travis wanted her to have Napoleon. That was a lie, of course.He also left me his library, all of his books. When he did the will he told me he was giving Napoleon and the books to me, and everything else material to Grandma. He said he trust me, and he was giving everything important to him, to me.

DD: Deanna, we were all inspired by you, it is clear Travis loved you, so much and we can all see why. Jodi took this man away. How do you not want to ring her neck?

DR: I do. I cannot understand why she did this. Why could she not just move on. It hurts me. It is so confusing not only that she killed him, but the way she did. I'll never get an answer to why. WHY

Jenny: Travis loved you. Do you think there may have been a future between you and Travis?

DR: Romantically, no, we were friends, he was always going to be my friend.
Travis did have issues from how he grew up, not being abusive. The issue was to commit and to allow someone to love him, to know he deserved to be loved. But we were always going to be in one another's life.

Kristie: What do you think Travis would want to happen to her now? http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/07/deanna-reid-travis-gave-people-benefit-doubt

DR: He wanted to help Jodi. He wanted to try to help her be a better person. I am not sure what he would want to happen to her now. I DO KNOW if she had killed one of his friends, he would have wanted her to get the death penalty. I do know that. Eventually Travis would have been able to get to a good point where he could find true love, and allow himself to be loved, and marry and have a family that he always wanted. Jodi took that away from him.

Here are some photos of Deanna and Napoleon

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/05/07/exclusive-travis-alexanders-dog-napoleon

I wish statements jodis mother made to Flores in Yreka could be used against her. She said the first thing she did when she heard Travis was killed was ask jodi if she did it? Jodi said I have gas receipts proving I was not in Arizona. I guess JM did not want to drag her mother into this. But sometimes you have to pull out all the stops.

idk but i would guess no imo - out here in new housing tracks, we usually do not have alleys any more

A long time ago a poster said they looked on street view and saw a place to park in front of the community pool close to Travis' house IIRC.

I can't find Gauntlet's List, but I'd like for the jury to know that Jodi offered to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder and in exchange she wouldn't insinuate to the world that Travis was a pedophile, a physical abuser, and a pervert.:twocents:

:seeya: dani! Here's a recent copy of gauntlet's list. JA's 2nd degree plea deal is on there...

Is there anything on this list yet that makes you think, if I didn't know that, I would be struggling to make a decision? Not yet for me but it has made me see a lot of the history that has influenced my perception of JA and the trial

What do we know that the jury doesn't?

Please cut and paste list - don't quote

JA's Life Pre Trial
JA spiderman t-shirt photo with Bobby J (Thanks AS)
JA pot and potential 'other' drug history with Bobby J/
JA kicking her mom when she was an adult
JA getting a flat tire on way to funeral
JA's sick 'In Loving Memory' tributes to Travis on Youtube, Myspace and FB, and chicken dance tribute (Thanks Karraster)
JA hitting her brother in the head with a bat (Thanks Angel Wings)
Brother saying sex tape was to blackmail Travis It was on his FB. (Thanks Angel Wings)
JA never being left alone with Darryl's son (I think)
Her Myspace page (and TA page) as she has numerous pics there of her and TA...............while TA only has a couple. (Thanks TVI)
Other content of JA's diary (Thanks TVI) Any examples appreciated! +
JA stopped believing in the law of attraction at the end of 2007

Travis's Life
Travis and the spidies photo with his dad
Travis telling the drs if he didn't ever turn up for lunch on Sunday it was because JA had killed him

JA Interrogation/ Court
JA potential fraud / tapping into Travis's bank account
JA previously on ticket to go to Cancun (not confirmed)
JA 'art' / tracing famous ads and pictures, and being sold on ebay

Interrogation tapes (majority of content)
-mumble things like "still hate me?" and giggle ominously. (Thanks amberjul)
-flipping her hair around and checking her make-up ... (Thanks DGC)
-JA Handstands to get more colour in her face before mug shot/ asking if she could do her makeup to Det Fl when she was arrested and also in the interrogation room
- All the things JA did and said in interrogation tapes showing NO REMORSE Thanks AS)
JA's 2nd degree murder plea and threat to drag Travis through the mud
JA kicking/killing doggy boy

Some of JA's actions including finger and throat slashing gestures at JM and her stalker looks at JW and her family's in court. We see close up because of the cameras.
JA messing around with JW's chair (Thanks Dewey)
Jailhouse fights ( Thank you S9)
Jodi's disgusting black, "I have not washed my feet in over 6 months" looking fungus infested feet. Speaking of fungus, didn't she confiscate some fungus cream? HMMMMM EWWWWW (Thanks Kaydono)
Stealing pens in jail ... hiding pens in shampoo bottles ... unauthorized creams and lotions ... Thank you DGC
Sticking pencils in her shoe... (Thanks amberjul)
JA's happy smiles when Jury is out of sight (Thanks Davia18)
Jodi saying in the interrogation interview, "If I killed Travis, If I hurt Travis, I would BEG for the Death Penalty" (Thank you Hildymac)
JA tweets from jail

Travis Family and Friends Evidence

911 call - Mimi and everyone else mentioning JA's name as person of suspicion (Thanks LittleMel)
Tire slashing multiple times of both TA & Lisa's tires, and the email sent to Lisa (Thanks OAZ)
Chris Hughes stories
- JA eavesdropping at door/ evil look
- JA sitting at table for further hour after Sky told her to go
- JA telling sky and chris she had a "vision" of her marrying TA. (thank you kaydono)
- JA writing an email to herself, and telling TA it was from her "stalker" and showed Travis to try to get him to tell her to move to AZ (thank you kaydono and Midwest Mama)
"fake
- JA never letting TA out of her sight, even when he went to RR, according to Sky/Chris (thank you kaydono)
- The truth behind the 'abuse' emails
Video of friend that went shooting with Travis and said that TA never owned a gun (Thanks AS)
Deanna Hall caught JA with Travis's laptop on the couch baking cookies at Travis's house without his consent (Thanks AS)
The fact that Travis willed his dog and his library to Deanna (Thanks AS)

Evidence

Fake pedo letters and Nurmi lying to the Hughes about validity of pedo letter (Thanks Midwest Mama)
Knives and gun found in hire car (Thanks mobius99)
The CONTENT of the video viewed in court of TA w/ white/blonde thing on lap (Thanks OAZ)
Funny biz with Helio cell phone.. claimed lost (IRRC melted chocolate?) got replacement which had sex tape/photos claimed lost but then found in G'parents car (Thank you OAZ)
Incident w/ Clancy in bathroom WHICH sounds almost like incident she claims happened between Abe & TA (Thank you OAZ)
That her & Abe only went on 1 date (my impression is she's insinuated more of a relationship to jury) (Thank you OAZ)
How unusual the number of approaches and chamber sessions are
How much of JA's testimony can be linked to movies (A News Junkie Super Sleuthing

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #50 *may contain graphic and adult content*
- JA taking a yellow folder off of the DT's table and attempting to sit on it, or place it where it has NO BUSINESS being placed. (Thanks Dewey)
- Lots of pages from her journal/diary they do not know (Thanks TVI)
Det Flores report (possibly - Little Mel checking)

JA's Friends and Family and DT
JA's parents tapes
- JA's dad saying she was strange
- JA's dad story about how she'd call and abuse her mom
- JA's mom's story about someone calling in the middle of the night to say she needs help/ bipolar
- JA's parents telling a lot of things seemed to elevate when she was in 8th grade. The family was moving and Mom couldn't find her tupperware - JA used said Tupperware to grow pot on the roof of the house. The parents called the Sheriff IIRC to give little JA a lesson. (Thanks AS)
- JA's parents telling about her paranoia about her room being searched after being caught with pot , even as an adult
- JA dad saying she was financially in a lot of debt and plans to file for bankrupcy but didn't have the money to do so

Nurmi trying to leave the case 1000 times, okay 3 times
Nurmi's mistrial attempts
The number of Expert Witnesses / Psychologists the DT are rumored to have been through

MS passing notes to JA's mom
MS passing notes to D (Thanks MM)
JA's outside 'representative' /
Who Donovan is and how they met (Thanks MM)
ALV approaching Travis' sister (thanks Midwest Mama)
Whatever ALV was "taken to task" for in chambers (thanks Midwest Mama)
JA's mom writing to appeal for Nurmi to stay on case / JA's mom helping to her get hire car
MM admitting on social media he'd lie for JA (Thanks MM)

Gus Searcy testimony
Huge amount of negative press to ALV/ book reviews
RS taking his website down after trial
Collecting donations on that other site, domestic violence ribbons, "survivor" shirts..

Other Social Media
The HLN "drama" / JM signature saga
JC's putting her nose where it does not belong, shooting off her mouth, causing her to have to testify and possibly creating grounds for a mistrial. (Thanks Dewey)

Other
Dr D's laptop being stolen
Cost of trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads