VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goooooood morning all? Who thinks we are gonna see results today? I am quite refreshed and happy that this is going to be televised. It is going to be quite a long hours after they give notice!

22403815_BG4.jpg

I said this to my OH yesterday,I said I think my head will explode in that hour.

I remember the anxiety and feeling like my heart was coming out my chest waiting for the guilty verdict,don't want that again

FYI: Verdict

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 13s13 seconds ago
Judge approves the media's request to broadcast "verdict" live--Watch #abc15 4 full live coverage & http://abc15.com 4 live streaming

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 12s12 seconds ago
Everyone everywhere can watch verdict on our youtube channel. http://YouTube.com/fox10Phoenix . #jodiarias #Fox10phoenix

The verdict will be streamed live on cbs5az.com whenever it comes in.
http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/...live-streaming

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 32s32 seconds ago
Closing statements will not be aired live but Judge approved verdict in real time. I will have both & air AFTER verdict. #JodiArias

Wild About Trials ‏@WildAboutTrials 3m3 minutes ago
When it happens watch for Live Jodi Arias verdict - http://fox10phoenix.com and http://ABC15.com and http://kpho.com
-------

According to Joey Jackson, HLN will air the verdict: :)

Joey Jackson Esq. @JoeyJacksonEsq · 2h 2 hours ago
“@BShiki74: @JoeyJacksonEsq @CommentaryCNN @HLNTV @Christi_Paul why r you guys not covering #Jodi arias trail??”We are NOW!!! Stay tuned!!!

Joey Jackson Esq. ‏@JoeyJacksonEsq 2h2 hours ago
“@johnloriperry: @JoeyJacksonEsq are they going to show the #jodiarias verdict live on hln or any other channel?????”YES!"

I think it could send me into a rage, too ; ) I actually took off work today for this.

Crosses fingers and toes! Otoh, if they take a week or so and it drives the defendant into a rage with the uncertainty, I could live with that too...

I think it could send me into a rage, too ; ) I actually took off work today for this.

I cleared my schedule for today, got some Chinese takeout and beverages. Aren't we devoted? :floorlaugh:

Going to need a bit of :needdrink: and :please: until the verdict is read out.

BBM

"Because you keep putting microphones in my face. Not that I mind, of course!"

Remember?

[video=youtube;HaJmaW6YxuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJmaW6YxuE[/video]

THIS ^^^ (her mental state closer to the slaughter) is the most disturbing display of some kind of mental disorder that I don't even know how to even begin to google search to figure out. In my humble opinion, this is way beyond BPD, it's the strangest to me. I understand BPD, and I believe she suffers from that (BPD), but at that point, in her freaked-out-ed-ness, something else was going on. This definitely makes me thankful that this nutjob will never be able to reach us or our loved ones again. This is some scary shiz folks. I haven't watched this in a long time. Hug your loved ones tighter tonight. This scared me.

If I were a juror, there would be several "red flags" for me that would scream "death penalty". According to their instructions,they have to acceptas fact that she was convicted of premeditation with cruelty. It is not their job to determine that. First, the killer never said to them nor Travis' family that she was sorry. Second, they know she had weapons on her when she was arrested. Thirdly, noone in her family took the stand to speak for her. More reasons....she had the gun and the knife ready for use when she was at Travis' home, grinding with Ryan Burns, that God awful letter to the Alexander family, changing her stories to suit her needs, her many many lies and the fact that her manipulation continued right up until the end of the trial when she refused to allocute. That reason alone would make it easier for me as a juror to vote for death.

Please don't feel ashamed. Self-harming is a problem for a lot of people - I self-harmed into my mid 20s and I'm not borderline. It's just a very unhealthy coping mechanism - it's a way of making us feel better. I'm going through this with my 14 year old now so I'm trying to teach her healthier alternatives in addition to counseling. I don't feel this is something anyone should ever feel shame or embarrassment over. You do the best with the tools you know how to use in order just to make it through. As we learn and grow, we develop better tools. At 30, I had butterflies tattooed over the worst of my scars to symbolize how far I'd come.

I'd argue too that you are an expert. ;) Experience accounts for a hell of a lot when it comes to personality disorders. You've lived it and, even more importantly, triumphed in spite of it. My ex was eventually dx'd as narcissistic & antisocial so it's hard for me to dismiss it when I see it too - and in Jodi, it's like a huge revolving neon sign. If I turn and twist I can kinda try to fit borderline - though I suspect her suicide threats were manipulative in nature and designed simply to control those around her. Narcissistic, antisocial, psychopathic fit her like a glove though. And like you so rightly stated - impulsivity, promiscuity, risk-taking, etc. are very common among the disorders. She certainly wouldn't be the first personality disordered person to be misdiagnosed. A good case in point is someone with narcissistic personality disorder also has a heightened fear of being abandoned but for very different reasons than someone who is borderline. At the least, imo, she's comorbid with borderline accounting for the smallest part.

Something I think points straight to psychopathy instead of PTSD though is what you mentioned...it isn't just that Jodi doesn't avoid dealing with the blood and gore of her crime. It isn't just that there's no anxiety indicators. It's that she practically revels in what she's done! From asking Flores to see the photos of the crime scene to sneaking sideways glances of the autopsy photos in court - and while testifying those 18 days, if one watches closely, disparaging Travis and recounting the details of that day are when Jodi comes alive. She's damn near gleeful. It's just so obvious she isn't at all traumatized by her actions.

All JMO and FWIW

ETA after catching up on the whole thread : By their very nature, psychopaths and narcissists ARE delusional. It's not the same thing as someone suffering psychosis - it's more a matter of them creating their own reality.

Every bit as much as he used threats of suicide to manipulate me, my ex also used his anger and rages to control my actions and reactions. He didn't rage, ever, when my focus was on him and I was doing what he wanted me to do. My exerting independence or concentrating my efforts on others would provoke his anger and he would cycle through a series of manipulators until I behaved. It always started with him sulking like a little boy and the silent treatment. The last manipulator was always a full on rage when furniture would get smashed to bits or a phone would get ripped out of the wall. It's an adult temper tantrum - they know what they have to do to get the response they want. My focus would once again be on him and I'd be on eggshells for weeks if not months to come, watching my every response and reaction. Because of that whole series of manipulators, I'd end up freaked out he'd kill himself and feel immense guilt and shame for not being able to give him enough time, love, devotion, etc. So for awhile, I'd be practically coddling him and making sure he knew how important he was to me. It was every narcissist's fantasy. ;)

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Jodi's violent outbursts weren't very similar for very similar reasons.

Thank you for your lovely post. And I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is harming. It's an awful situation. I wish her all the best. She's got a good mam beside her.

I also have tattoos to cover my scars. They help me to cope with what I was left with.

I watched both the Troy Hayden and (OMG I can't remember the other guy's name~the one she called a hater). Her manipulation is, to me, much different from a BPD's manipulation. When you hear manipulation you automatically assume it's a deliberate, negative action. I think that a true BPD doesn't mean that. It's not always a wilfully negative thing. BPD's are terrified of abandonment. They are terrified of being judged. They are terrified of being alone. CMJA's manipulation appears much more sinister. She downright lies! Even after the guilty verdict she tries to flirt her way out of the situation with the two male interviewers.

I have problems with empathy. It's extremely hard for me to empathise. HOWEVER in situations I can do it. I feel enormously for Travis' family. I feel grief stricken at times for their loss. I have emotional instability not no emotions at all. It's been described to me by a health care provider by saying "imagine you have no skin above your nerve endings. Imagine how much more pain you would feel because those nerve endings are being triggered all the time. With BPD your emotional "nerve endings" are being constantly triggered, and so you feel emotions much more severely than others, you don't have the coping tools to deal with feelings like a "normal" adult would, your emotional growth stopped for you when you were a young teenager and so you cope with and react to emotions much like a hormonal teenager would."

CMJA displays far too much composure for me. Far too much. BPD's are often intelligent. I've got an IQ of 152, but my coping skills are at an average 13-14 year old teenager level. When Troy Hayden interviewed CMJA 20 minutes after the guilty verdict came out I expected her to be in a total emotional mess. But she was calm, she was composed, she could verbalise exactly what she thought about the verdict. It doesn't make sense from a BPD point of view.

She relished in talking about how nasty Travis was. How badly he treated her. How awful it all was. That's just not how PTSD works. She should have been near breakdown point. She should have noticeable physical reactions to traumatic stimuli. She should have heightened reflexes to things like unexpected noise (doors banging etc) but she doesn't have that.

As a mitigating factor BPD cannot be used. Not by itself. I get psychotic sometimes, because of the severe depression that co-exists with the other mental health issues I have. If I was having a psychotic episode then that could be a mitigating factor if I ever committed a crime. But my psychosis doesn't just last hours like my mood can. The last psychotic episode I had lasted nearly a month until the got the anti-psychotic meds at the right combination and level and I was in hospital.

I hope the jury don't put too much weight on the BPD as a mitigator. I feel that would be an injustice to the people who live with BPD and never hurt anyone. As someone said a BPD is much more likely to hurt themselves than another person and suicidal behaviour with BPDs has been reported to affect as many as 80% of sufferers. I have had to work damn hard to live with my mental health problems. I don't make excuses for my behaviour because of them. I don't feel sorry for myself. I want to show the world that experiencing significant trauma throughout life, and surviving domestic violence can be done.

I just saw this, interesting that the jury makeup is just the opposite from 2013 .

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial

16 hrs ·

The final jury in ‪#‎JodiArias‬ is 8 women, 4 men.
Juror #6 from the first trial just told me that in 2013 the final jury was 8 men and 4 women. Just the opposite. The holdouts for life in 2013 were 3 men and 1 woman.
~ Beth Karas

ETA ~ GOOD MORNING.....
I don't want to seem biased :smile:

I have realized that JM won this case because the first jury did come back with premeditated 1st degree murder. I'll never forget the look of shock on JA's face when the verdict was read. She really thought she'd get a lesser charge. So even if she doesn't get the DP, she most likely will go away forever. I find comfort in that.

I will not be frustrated or upset if the jury does not come to a verdict today. What I would like for them to do is take everything that might have been confusing to them and take there time to sift through the evidence to find the answers that will lead them to a rock solid verdict that came from sound judgement. I would like them to walk away from this trial feeling confident they made the right decision. It would be regretful, if they came to a rush verdict only to go home and read and view what we have seen/heard in the previous trial and then question their judgement for the rest of their lives.

I think a young jury is a good thing in this case. I know many of us here are Baby Boomers and would vote for DP, no problem. But we are also trial watchers/sleuthers, so we have a certain propensity that many others our age do not share.

I don't think any of the younger jurors are going to be bothered by the flirty texts, talking to more than one girl, sexting, phone sex, etc. It will be a big yawn, imo.

I think they are too bright and quick to believe that BS about the pedo accusations or the inconsistent DV incidents. I think it will anger them, imo.

Great post Katy, and I totally agree.
But it doesn't matter what your age is IF you text after 11:00 pm, everyone of all ages already KNOW for a fact that THAT IS DEVIANT BEHAVIOR. It is obviously a given. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname